Replies

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    ugofatcat wrote: »
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    Another Big Advice ..

STAY AWAY FROM FAST FOOD AND GO ORGANIC BECAUSE FAST FOOD IS HARD TO DIGEST

Organic makes no difference in weight loss and you can eat "fast food" as long as you count the calories and keep in your allowance.

Disagree but It's your opinion and I respect you.

Can you please link where you have learned this. I am not aware of any research that fast food is hard to digest and organic is easy to digest.

Also why would easy to digest be better? It would have a lower thermogeneic effect. Fiber is not digestible but important for a healthy diet.

Most fast food is extremely high in calories. Organic fruits and vegetables not so much. But I have seen organic cookies, cakes, crackers, etc in the store, and someone may misunderstand your advice that they can eat as much of those as they want because they are organic.

On the other hand a teacher lost 60 pounds eating nothing but McDonalds for 6 months, but because he ate 2,000 calories a day lost weight, his cholesterol improved, etc.

And lets not forget the awesome twinkie dude :D
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Diannethegeek's advice is spot on..I'd follow that. She always has great tips.

^^^This
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Another Big Advice ..

If fast food were hard to digest, it would require more energy to do so. As such, by your logic, fast food would be a very good choice to make when trying to lose weight.

That said, I don't advise a diet high in fast foods.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Another Big Advice ..

What?? No.
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I don't see any stats. Maybe the OP is already thin, which makes weightloss much harder...,
  • TreyTnt9
    TreyTnt9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    RobD520 wrote: »
    I don't see any stats. Maybe the OP is already thin, which makes weightloss much harder...,
    Awesomed for being the only one with the courage to post the obvious.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Another Big Advice ..

LOL. NOPE.

Do you have scientific evidence to support this?
    Dear,

1- buy measurement tape,body fat analyser in order to track your fat%,hip,height,Abdomen and neck size to stay motivated.
    2-buy food scale for more accurate loggings
    3-check your Vitamin D intake
    4-Try to fluctuate the the calories intake each day
    5-Do HIIT workout that don't last longer than 30 min

Hope you have the best
    4. I don't do this because...its' not necessary.
    5. I hate HIIT...I don't do it.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The random shouty myth-posts are strong here. Why do people feel the need to use all caps when saying things like "NEVER EAT SNACKS!" and "FAST FOOD IS HARD TO DIGEST!"? Oh, yeah, it's because these statements are nonsense and shouting is meant to frighten you into accepting the nonsense without thinking about it.

All caps is rude, people. And it makes other educated readers take you less seriously, not more.

FIFY. ;)

I think all caps is also used because the derp-and-woo-filled sources this 'info' is garnered from uses them, too.

I always have a laugh when stuff like that pops up in my Facebook feed. All caps is intended to give an impression of not only legitimacy, but urgency, too, in a "YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!!!" kinda way. :)
  • AntoinetteAngus
    AntoinetteAngus Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @najranforever. You are completely right. I have also witnessed this first hand. Fast food is hard to digest and once I decided to cut this out I drastically saw results as hard as it can be to refrain from it. Every medical doctor or deitician in the world will tell you that eating healthy is a major part of weight loss (combined with monitoring calories). I can't quite understand why people want to deny what even a dietician, who specializes in weight management, would tell you. I'm certain they (doctors and dieticians) have more knowledge and training than the average person.
  • AntoinetteAngus
    AntoinetteAngus Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @najranforever. You are completely right. I have also witnessed this first hand. Fast food is hard to digest and once I decided to cut this out I drastically saw results as hard as it can be to refrain from it. Every medical doctor or deitician in the world will tell you that eating healthy is a major part of weight loss (combined with monitoring calories). I can't quite understand why people want to deny what even a dietician, who specializes in weight management, would tell you. I'm certain they (doctors and dieticians) have more knowledge and training than the average person.

I've worked with several doctors and nope, none of them told me to focus on eating a certain way, or labeled food 'healthy' vs 'not healthy' or 'good' or 'bad. You are right about the calorie thing though and that's the only thing I've focused on, not only to lose 50lbs, but to also improve all my health markers and blood panels (no longer a prediabetic either, go me!).

I ate fast food regularly during my weight loss phase and I still eat it regularly now almost 4 years into successful maintenance. My current MD is very pleased with where I'm at with my health and we've discussed my diet, weight loss and maintenance in some detail. She has no problem with me eating out, drinking diet soda etc. In fact, she told me to keep doing what I'm doing because I'm one of only a handful of her patients who have managed to keep off the excess weight for any length of time. She's also kind of passed me around the practice and I've shared my story with others there, because again-I'm one of the statistical unicorns who are successfully maintaining :D

I enjoy eating out and there's absolutely no reason for me to eliminate it.

I'm happy for your weight loss. I know it takes a lot of hard work and dedication. I do feel like if you asked your MD what he/she would recommend for long term weight loss, or what they think about frequent junk food in a persons diet they would tell you to eat healthy, monitor your calories and exercise. If they didnt tell you that and told you to eat all the junk food you wanted I would very weary of his/her overall medical advice. This is not to say one cannot indulge in anyway, but junk food just shouldn't be a ones consistent 'go to food' in one's diet.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

What makes fast food supposedly harder to digest than any other kind of food?

Some article in Family Circle probably said it so it must be true.