Did cup size reduce

Options

Replies

• Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'm probably an odd one. I lost 93 lbs so far and only went from a DD to a D. I have maybe another 25-30 lbs to lose.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have to say that within a months time my DD's are rapidly becoming eligible for D's, I pray we do not get past a C. That was one of the main concerns I talked about in my blog, b/c it was the first place I noticed loss, even before the scale started to put out numbers. I think the smallest I ever remember being is a C cup, but I guess we'll have to wait and see b/c I've never been as small as the size I have as my goal. I guess the long/short of it is yes it is possible to lose a cup size b/c at this rate I will be down a cup size in another month.

I hear ya on that!! I am a 44DDD and am 289 (started 1 month ago at 300!!) and i want to lose some, but id rather stay a D if i can help it!
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    yes!!!!! and its great!!!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    not so far! but i've only lost 22 so far. i started at DD, still at DD, wouldn't mind to be anything from C - DD :) i think since i was a C before i ever gained weight, that i won't go smaller than that? i don't know though :) gl!
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    I've lost 14 lbs and 6" in the band size - cup size still holding steady at a F. Dang it.

I think if your breasts got bigger as you gained the weight, they are probably mostly fatty tissue, instead of breast tissue, and will probably go down in size as the rest of you does.

As for me, I've always been larger up top, so I dont' expect to go down to a cup size they sell in a normal store. But I sure wish I would. It is expensive to keep replacing bras as I lose weight. I am trying to make due as long as I can, but sports bras especially are costing me a fortune.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    If you got bigger up there when you gained, you'll get smaller when you lose.

also keep in mind that a width reduction IS a cupsize reduction in real terms - a 40 D and a 34 D have different sized cups because the 40 d is muuuuuuch wider. Cup size is a *relative* measurement - its like your size around + X inches.

In my case my cup size didn't really change even after gaining 70lbs. I was a D in HS, I expect to be a D when I drop this weight. But I used to be a 32 and now I'm a 36. And my breasts are bigger for sure - the stretch marks I was working on on the sides say so. But the letter on my bra didn't change, just the number.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    (I haven't read every response yet) but my understanding is that loss of cup size has some genetic factors. Of course if you get your body fat % way down, that's going to include breasts, but if you're getting to a healthy weight and an average body fat % you're going to keep or lose whatever your genes think you should.

I'm deathly afraid I'll lose all of my breasts. As a big woman I always felt my big breasts were an eye catcher and a bonus. "I may be fat, but I have killer tatas." ... It was something that actually kept me from trying to seriously get the weight off. I've decided that big boobs aren't going to get me anywhere if I die of an obesity-related health problem, so if I lose 'em, I'll get over it, and if I felt like I had to, I'd buy myself new ones. I can't buy a new heart, gallbladder, or lungs. So, I just keep telling myself that I'm making the right choice to get fit, even if I lose my most favorite body part.
  • cheesesandwich
    cheesesandwich Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yep! Not sure how much I've lost as I no longer have a working scale, but it's at least 11 lbs and probably more. I went from a 34B to a 32A.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    So the band size is the size around..the cup size is actually your boob...so if you lost inches around..you will go down in band size..but cup size is different

36C=34D

You go down in band..but up in cup..unless your boobs increased in size cause of your weight..then you will lose cup size aswell.
    I suggest when a great deal of weight is lost..go into a Victoria's Secret..or even Nordstrom..and ask to be measured..its free. NOthing worse than being in a wrong bra size

(I sold lingerie for 5 yrs) :blushing:
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    YUP I will soon be a -AA....yes I said -...LOLOL
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I started out a 42DD and am now a 36D...so yes but thankfully not too much, lol! :wink:
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I have gone from a 44DD to a 36 C/D depending. I miss the size but oddly enough, I think they look better! I guess it's the healthy chest muscles I didn't know I had!! (:
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Before kids I was 36C, after kids a 36D. Now I am 34 B/C. I'm ok with this. The changes from pregnancy/bf'ing were pretty drastic so I think they actually look better smaller.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    My mom is a bodybuilder and trainer and she says the first place women lose weight (generally speaking of course) is their butt, boobs and face.

I was like "Wuuut wut wut?? I have to trade my delicious booty butt and rack for a skinny face?!" Then I shook my fist in the air and cursed the heavens.

But my boobs look better a little smaller and clothes look waaaay better on me. And having smaller boobs usually makes you look slimmer too :)

And ladies....they're still boobs. Men don't care as long as they're there. lol

EDIT: Actually have you heard this hips to waist ratio thing? Apparently that's what men find attractive according to some study or something. Aren't I a wealth of well-backed up knowledge? Hehe
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Down 40 and have gone from a D to a B. Only crappy thing about it.
  • niavalentino
    niavalentino Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well, women generally lose weight in their chest quite quickly actually! As for these puppies...they're special! Prior to my weight gain, I was a 32C... but seeing as how a 32C hardly EXISTS, I'd wear 34B. Before joining MFP I was at 156, and my size was at a lovely 36C (I was beyond delighted about the boob increase but not the hips, waist, or butt!) Now... after losing 23lbs, I'm back fitting perfectly into my 34Bs... so yes, I've gone down a size. Am I entirely happy? No, not really. I liked having the bigger boobs, but, I'm also thankful that I can fit into my bras again without needing to buy new ones. Hahaha.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    it depends on you genetic for me used to be a D and DD sometimes, and I think I'm a B now, getting new bras and undies for my b-day
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 11 pounds and my cup size is already shrinking. I use to be a 36C, since I gained weight I got to a 38D. I'm sure when I reach my goal I'll be back to a C.
  • newgal1
    newgal1 Posts: 15
    Options
    BUMP! I was suppose to have a reduction surgery on July 8th but backed out too scared. I'm hoping once I get to my goal weight I'll have lost at least a little. 42DD now I would love to go to a C but just to fit into a D correctly would be nice! Dr told me it could be possible but not everyone has the same experience. I'd love to be able to run with out the pain from the "girls"!

I had a reduction 6 months ago. Dont worry it's not as scary as it sounds. If your boobs are more tissue than fat then they wont go anywhere when you lose weight and that was what happened to me. If there is more fat than breast tissue then they will go down. It all depends on the individual. A reduction is great when you have back ache etc but i will advice you to wait and get to your goal weight first or at least very close (about 10-15lbs to go) and get them all perky :)
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Nope my cup size has stayed the same :sad:

I was 34 JJ and am 30JJ now.

Several years ago when I lost weight I was GG before and after but when I was ill and put on weight again!! the cup size increased - bugger!

I have lost 21kg (46ibs)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!