Any 30-Day Shredders out there?

Options

Replies

• smalltownsquarepeg
    smalltownsquarepeg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to read that someone else had the same problem I did after the first day of 'shredding' with Jillian.

I COULD.NOT.EVEN.THINK. of exercise for two days after the first day. :grumble: It was my legs that hurt so bad. My abs and arms? Nothing. I was telling my husband that this is the first house that I've lived in where I don't have to go up and down stairs many times a day and I think that's why my leg muscles have gone to pot!

I'm going to have another go at it today...modified...I can't afford to have another couple days like the last few! I'm a photographer and I actually had to reschedule a session with a two year old because I knew I wouldn't be able to move fast enough to keep up with him!!!

Wish me luck! (gulp!) :embarassed:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to read that someone else had the same problem I did after the first day of 'shredding' with Jillian.

I COULD.NOT.EVEN.THINK. of exercise for two days after the first day. :grumble: It was my legs that hurt so bad. My abs and arms? Nothing. I was telling my husband that this is the first house that I've lived in where I don't have to go up and down stairs many times a day and I think that's why my leg muscles have gone to pot!

I'm going to have another go at it today...modified...I can't afford to have another couple days like the last few! I'm a photographer and I actually had to reschedule a session with a two year old because I knew I wouldn't be able to move fast enough to keep up with him!!!

Wish me luck! (gulp!) :embarassed:
    oh thats too bad! when i first started i had pain in my shins a lot, but after a few sessions it got much better.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I survived level 1 - Although I did have to do the push-ups modified. I don't think this is the type of work-out I can do everyday due to the strength training. I'm going to shoot for 4 times a week and find another cardio solution for 2 other days.
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Can I join I got my dvd on fri plan to start on mon doing it 4 times a week mon tues thurs fri with elliptical trainer done every other day probably mon wed fri and maybe sat gonna try and crank that up and push through. Want to drop most of the weight by the time I go on vacation 19 weeks to go. I will also be walking my dogs every day for an hour but I dont think I should count that anymore as I have been doing it for 4 years and I think my body has gotten too used to it that so I dont burn a huge amount anymore need to get a HRM to be sure though.

I watched the dvd through level 1 and 2 this morning looks like fun I didnt look at level 3 thought I would save it as a surprise. I will check back on mon with day 1 complete.
  • debra1962
    Options
    Hi, just wondering what the Shredders exercise plan is? I have never heard of it. Would love to know more.
    Thanks, Debi
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Wow just finished todays workouts which was
    30ds level one (modified push ups and using 5kg weights for most not all moves)
    walked the dog
    elliptical for 30 mins probably only spent about 15 of that at the right heart will be working on that.

Feeling a little sore but totally energised gonna make a nice chicken salad sandwich now for lunch.

Day 1 done :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Hey everyone! Welcome and Congrats to everyone's success!

So Check in #1:
    Weight 154
    Last Week 153
    Work outs: 3 last week (got really really really sore on wed and couldn't do anything till sat.!:explode: )
    Goal work outs: 6/week
    Goal weight: 145 by Feb. 23rd.

Anyone is welcome to join at anytime. We're doing a 30 day shred with goals ending Feb. 23rd (i know it's a little over 30 days, but it lands on a mon.) And check in's are on mondays.

I was thinking, and want your all's opinions: Should we start a new thread each monday for check in or continue on this one?

Well good luck everyone!!!!
    Laura
  • abillings9
    Options
    I do mine 3 times a week. I just started level 2 today and OMG I can hardly type right now. My shoulders are KILLING ME!!! LOL
    I'm up for a group challenge thing though, I will need it after today's workout; I feel ready to throw in the towel, it was SO HARD!!!!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I am waiting on my DVD's to arrive but once they do I am totally in!! :bigsmile: However, hearing you talk about it makes me a little scared. :noway: :laugh: But I am up for the challange!! :wink:

i was a little nervous about it before my dvd got here, but once i did it, it wasn't that bad! and she modifies some of the harder moves so you can ease into it
  • Summarain
    Summarain Posts: 145
    Options

So Check in #1:
    Weight 154
    Last Week 153
    Work outs: 3 last week (got really really really sore on wed and couldn't do anything till sat.!:explode: )

Anyone is welcome to join at anytime. We're doing a 30 day shred with goals ending Feb. 23rd (i know it's a little over 30 days, but it lands on a mon.) And check in's are on mondays.

I was thinking, and want your all's opinions: Should we start a new thread each monday for check in or continue on this one?

Laura

Okay, So I'm in!!!! I would like to join the crew! Today will be my first day (well back to back, I have done the 30 day shred before, but just not every day) I will do it until Feb. 23rd (which is by the way 1 day before my B-day!!!!) Yall know I have to look good for my BIRTHDAY!!! ;-) :bigsmile:

oh by the way, I think we should do a new thread every Monday, so I guess next Monday would be the new thread for week 1 completed right???
  • gloria386
    Options
    Where do I learn more about this or get the dvd
  • kileenas
    Options
    check in
    weight 184
    last weeks weight 184

I'm switching to level 2 on Wed. Level 1 is definitely getting easier each day. I did skip one day though. I know the scale isn't showing any improvement but I can certainly tell that my clothes are fitting more loosely already. :happy:
    45157.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ok checking in for the first time. I decided to log my HR and see how much better shape i can get in so far this is what i have
    I'm about to go do it again in a few mins but yesterday i used my HRM and got
    Level 1 average Heart rate: 148
    I would like to get to the point where i can do the exercises with out feeling like I'm gonna die. So for right now that will be my goal. As i stated in a early post i don't wanna check my weight right now but i will keep track by just how well i feel doing the workout and how well my clothes fit.

PS. I Like having the different post every week but i have it bookmarked on my computer so i can remember to check in. Is there anyway we could have a link posted in the previous thread or something like that?
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Ok checking in for the first time. I decided to log my HR and see how much better shape i can get in so far this is what i have
    I'm about to go do it again in a few mins but yesterday i used my HRM and got
    Level 1 average Heart rate: 148
    I would like to get to the point where i can do the exercises with out feeling like I'm gonna die. So for right now that will be my goal. As i stated in a early post i don't wanna check my weight right now but i will keep track by just how well i feel doing the workout and how well my clothes fit.

PS. I Like having the different post every week but i have it bookmarked on my computer so i can remember to check in. Is there anyway we could have a link posted in the previous thread or something like that?

Sure, Next monday I'll post a new thread but put a link to it on this thread, and i'll do that each week.
    I'm glad we're starting a new thread each week, it helps me i think keep track.
  • laurabelle25
    Options

So Check in #1:
    Weight 154
    Last Week 153

Laura

Okay, So I'm in!!!! I would like to join the crew! Today will be my first day (well back to back, I have done the 30 day shred before, but just not every day) I will do it until Feb. 23rd (which is by the way 1 day before my B-day!!!!) Yall know I have to look good for my BIRTHDAY!!! ;-) :bigsmile:

oh by the way, I think we should do a new thread every Monday, so I guess next Monday would be the new thread for week 1 completed right???

We'll do a new thread on monday and it will actually be Week 2 because yesterday was the check in for week 1. But no big deal, I think anyone can join at anytime and still have the goal for Feb. 23rd. Most likely once I get done with the first goal i'll set another one for myself and anyone who wants to join for another 30 days after the 23rd. Welcome by the way and this will be a great b-day present for you!!!!!
    Laura
  • smendek910
    Options
    Hi Everyone:

You guys really convinced me to order this DVD, so I just did. I hope it's as good as everyone is saying because I need some form of cardio that really works. I was gonna buy Tae-Bo but decided to purchase this one instead - luv Jillian Michaels but was really disappointed with her Wii Ultimate Fitness game/workout.
    Thanks for the reviews and hopefully I will have the same results as everyone else.:flowerforyou:
  • CatarinaF
    CatarinaF Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    heya, everybody!

i'm new around here so... what is that 30-day shred workout???
    i wanna know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pleeeeeeeeeeease?

what type of exercises?
    how long?
    how many cals to burn per workout?

oh, and what is the best calory-burning rate to get rid of the fat? i was told it should be around 10 calories per minute. do you actually know if this is true?

thank you so much!!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hey Laurabelle - I started a thread yesterday for check-ins but don't know how to link it. I just thought this thread was getting a little long. The thread was something like 30 Day Shred 1/26 Check-in. I'll try and bump it.
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    heya, everybody!

what type of exercises?
    how long?

oh, and what is the best calory-burning rate to get rid of the fat? i was told it should be around 10 calories per minute. do you actually know if this is true?

30-day shred is a Jillian Michaels video. It consist of a 3-2-1 approach. it is 20min long. you do 3-cardio 2-strength and 1-ab and reapeat that for 20min. I love it, it is the best workout for when you can't leave the house. I burn around 200-250 calories for the workout. You can do a search for other 30-day shred posts and see what others burn. hope that helps:flowerforyou:
  • mdebroy
    mdebroy Posts: 30
    Options
    heya, everybody!

what type of exercises?
    how long?

30-day shred is a Jillian Michaels video. It consist of a 3-2-1 approach. it is 20min long. you do 3-cardio 2-strength and 1-ab and reapeat that for 20min. I love it, it is the best workout for when you can't leave the house. I burn around 200-250 calories for the workout. You can do a search for other 30-day shred posts and see what others burn. hope that helps:flowerforyou:

I burn about 260 per workout but it depends on the intensity level and if you are just switching up a level or if you have been doing the same level for awhile. It really depends on you and how hard your body is working. Good luck! and I hope you give it a try with us!:flowerforyou: