Have you ever lost 5lbs in a week? Is it possible (aiming for a one time thing?)

Options

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Ugh I have like 103 fever almost and no word yet on the contest o_o Plus I have no adult medicine here...so just updating. My poor 2 year old hit 105 yesterday (I got it down quickly) and my daughter has had a fever for a week! She has missed 6 days of school :( today her fever was at 101. I hope I win this thing to give me some positive news. My other kid has autism and is nonverbal and he's almost 5...he looks all thin and hasnt been eating right :/ Stressed!
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I lose 3 pounds between the time I go to bed at night and when I step out of the shower in the morning. 5 would be pretty easy. 100% water weight, but easily do-able.

The question is 'Why?' You won't look any different and you'll feel dehydrated.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Just dropping by to see if there's been an update. :smile:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Me too, on both.
  • Verity1111
    edited December 2016
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    I lose 3 pounds between the time I go to bed at night and when I step out of the shower in the morning. 5 would be pretty easy. 100% water weight, but easily do-able.

The question is 'Why?' You won't look any different and you'll feel dehydrated.

It has nothing to do with looks. Did you even read the post? Lol. It was to win a contest. Also for it being water Ive gained nothing back and I had lots of high sodium food last night. I was bloated and have digestive issues so maybe I was retaining too much water as it was. Im not sure.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Your poor sick family. I hope you're all on the mend soon.

Fingers still crossed for you.
  • Verity1111
    Options

thank you! mine too but of course Im more worried about the kids right now lol Its so awful. I dont know what we have and the drs all brush it off as a flu or cold but dont check anything else...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »

thank you! mine too but of course Im more worried about the kids right now lol Its so awful. I dont know what we have and the drs all brush it off as a flu or cold but dont check anything else...

if its like what is going around here. its some kind of virus they know basically nothing about. it could be a strain of the flu but its not a strain they test for. my sisters boyfriend had it, my nephew ended up with a double ear infection from it, hubby ended up with a sinus infection and then it drained into his lungs causing major issues there. its nasty whatever it is.some people have the aches and pains others end up with an infection of some type. its crazy. hope you and your kids get better soon
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you and your family are sick. I sure hope you and the children feel better asap. Get Well Soon!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Congratulations! (on the winning part, not the being ill part)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I won! & it seems like I won by a lot because she just said 4 people lost over 13lbs lol I lost 21lbs. So this may not have even been necessary. I have a 103ish fever still and we might go to the ER but hey at least there was a tiny bit of good news lol

Congratulations. Now take care of yourself and those kids. Feel better.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Congrats and feel better. Wait until your fever is down before having at the pizza though :)
  • Verity1111
    edited December 2016
    Options

if its like what is going around here. its some kind of virus they know basically nothing about. it could be a strain of the flu but its not a strain they test for. my sisters boyfriend had it, my nephew ended up with a double ear infection from it, hubby ended up with a sinus infection and then it drained into his lungs causing major issues there. its nasty whatever it is.some people have the aches and pains others end up with an infection of some type. its crazy. hope you and your kids get better soon

That sounds awful. The weird thing is bloody noses??? and not really from a dry nose...I dont think. It's so weird. All of us are having different issues. My 2 year old seems to be improving but hes had it the shortest but had the highest fever, my oldest (shes 6) has had a fever for 8 days but its mild now and my middle child is not eating and seems malnourished. Im about to take them to the ER right now.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

That sounds awful. The weird thing is bloody noses??? and not really from a dry nose...I dont think. It's so weird. All of us are having different issues. My 2 year old seems to be improving but hes had it the shortest but had the highest fever, my oldest (shes 6) has had a fever for 8 days but its mild now and my middle child is not eating and seems malnourished. Im about to take them to the ER right now.

yeah hopefully all is well and its just a virus. bloody noses can be caused by anything so make sure you point that out to them. they will tell you if its dry up there or not.yeah it hits everyone differently it seems.but hope they can get you and your family at least some relief from the symptoms
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Hope you all get better, congratulations on the contest!
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on winning!!!! What are you going to spend your prize money on?
  • soda80
    soda80 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Yus!!!!!! :)

Hope you and the kidlets feel better soon.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Congrats , Hoping you feel better soon .

Merry Christmas
  • Verity1111
    edited December 2016
    Options
    mila_lova wrote: »
    Congratulations on winning!!!! What are you going to spend your prize money on?

I was able to sell things for a tree so probably part of it on Christmas outfits for my older 2 kids :) (I was able to get one for my 2 year old already). Also, we all have influenzavirus B. YAY fml but thanks everyone for the kind words