WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sherry, this is a screenshot from the app on an iPhone. The camera icon is the one on the far right on the line that says reply.t04ax3jdn4t9.png

Hope this helps. I can't help with the android device. Is it a tablet?
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Katiebug - yeah, it's a tablet....thanks for the screenshot....I figured the iPhone app would have it.....I will have to download it for my iPhone since I take pics with it anyway....I wonder why they didn't put it in the android app???....that's kinda strange....

Sherry in "what should I have for dinner?" Dufur
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Katiebug - yeah, it's a tablet....thanks for the screenshot....I figured the iPhone app would have it.....I will have to download it for my iPhone since I take pics with it anyway....I wonder why they didn't put it in the android app???....that's kinda strange....
    Sherry in "what should I have for dinner?" Dufur

I agree with you Sherry as I have a Samsung S6 Android phone so.... " Where in the heck is the ability to post pics on the forum from our Android phones!?!?" So very frustrating considering we take pictures with our phones these days!

Cheri
    watching Monday night football with the hubs in College Station, TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    stats for the day
    ride hm 2 gym- 14.02min, 12.6amph, 144mhr, 2.9mi= 141c
    fitbit- 135mhr, 108c
    SPIN- 41MIN, 76ar, 100aw, 120ahr, 139mhr 11-15g, 15.4mi = 309c
    fitbit- 137mhr, 250c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.57min, 12.3amph, 146mhr, 1.4mi = 81c
    fitbit- 134mhr, 61c
    walk station 2 wk, some bike - 11.58min, 107mhr, 3.7amph, .7mi = 78c
    fitbit- 135mhr, 99c
    walk wk 2 sta- 8.27min, 3.6ap, 106mhr, .5mi = 56c
    fitbit- 134mhr, 83c
    ride dome 2 hm- 19.55min 7.8amph, 2.5mi = 175c
    fitbit- 138mhr, 148c
    total cal 840
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Cheri - I had to copy my smart phone pictures to my laptop to be able to post them here. Had someone help me; but, then they did not tell me 'how to find them'. Had named then today's date. I never would have thought of that. New technician. I like to get the ones I am used to. I'm sure that someone who uses one could probably tell you how; but, I was never able to figure it out. Now, I am having to go in and rename all the pictures from the smart phone on my laptop. That's a P.I.T.A.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    OMGoodness. I know MFP takes you back to your last post; but, then someone says something and you need to go back several pages, and there are posts I have never seen. I call myself reading all; but, apparently I don't.

Lenora
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Oh My Stars, Girls...

211 posts... I skimmed some of them, I am afraid... but, I did get the general flow of what is happening. It seems everybody needs the biggest HUG I can give!

Regarding Grumpy Pants Husbands - yep - got one of those. Some days, I am the BEST WIFE ON EARTH... and some days, I am the worst - I have never treated him right, I love my internet friends more than I love him... that sort of thing. It get's a little disheartening. But for my diabetic DH - it's largely a blood sugar thing - that and he is mostly housebound - so he does get depressed. I do the best that I can - but, I feel your pain, Ladies. ((HUGS!!)) They really are a different species. When I get depressed, I want to curl into the fetal position and be left strictly alone... when he get's depressed, he wants to be coddled and pampered and fussed with - and he is cranky the whole time. Super.

I can't wait to get home and see all the photos... Janet, Sugar, I recall those pictures from last year. I think you should post them Quarterly - just to remind all of us what can happen when you keep it all together.

I, alas, have NOT made my 220 goal by today - the final weigh in on the Christmas Challenge - but, at least, I didn't gain any weight. I am going to cut myself some slack until the end of the year - because, clearly, I am not able to keep it all together, right now. I had a stern talk with myself about eating things I don't log *smacks hand* and have had a few days of more truthful logging. I had several days in the last two weeks where I ate M&M's or Pita Chips at night - after I had clicked out for the night... and didn't go back in and show them. *smacks hand, again.* BAD, Re... BAD. I just have to fess up when I step off the path...

I have also started checking my daily calorie burn on my fitbit, vs MFP's calculation of the exercise I do... I have suspected that MFP exaggerates the burn a bit - and after the last two or three weeks of no loss, I believe it to be true... so, based on my 28 day avg of 2136 calories burned, I really need to drop my calories a bit, to have any chance of losing more weight. For the rest of this month, I will just maintain... I will keep trying to get more steps and I will keep skipping the late night Carby Snacks... (I have started pre-logging cheese and meat snacks... it's a mental trick that seems to work for me.) I need to get back on task after the first of the year...

Til then, it's just keep on keepin' on and don't lose my mind over the next two weeks.

I am cheering on those of you who are making it work, this Holiday Season... While I am not "throwing in the towel" I am going to just relax for the rest of the year. That includes posting, here - so you may see me more sporadically - but, I will be around, or lurking, at least. Love you guys!

Hugs for Everybody!!

Re in TX
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Carol – sending hugs

Sherry – great job on smaller clothes - I do all my shopping at the thrift stores, some great finds! And a wonderful box of joy!!! How fun!

Heather – perfect decision on going out to eat!

Katla – love the video

Re – bad snacks happen, just figure out a way to not make it a habit…

Joyce – glad Charlie is stepping up!

So I started weight loss for none of the typical reasons – health problems, mobility problems – and I don’t think I am very in touch with how my body reacts to things, so I can pig out on crap and not feel crappy and while there is an up-side – the crappy feeling is a motivator I don’t have, no meds to go away so my motivation is weird, all this to say I started researching putting in ceiling insulation myself, and after the holiday I have to get out the ladder and look into the ceiling crawl space, but I think I can do this myself. And I know some of my belief is because I am smaller, I can get into the space better and not feel so claustrophobic as with less of me it will not feel so constraining. So not really an nsv but just a pat on the back.

December Goals:

Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…this was for nov. but still working on it.
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption –
    Lunch with Kyle - Done

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    B)
  • pamwix
    pamwix Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ]Welcome Pam Great to have you on board. We do use a ton of abbreviations, DH = dear or d##m husband, DS = Dear son, MIL = mother in law etc. NSV = non-scale victory like your clothes are too big or you don't give in to a crazy food binge or walk away from a cookie, or someone notices that you appear slimmer.
    CICO= calories in and calories out, those are a few of the most common abbreviations.

Some of us post every day, others once in a while, but the more we log our food and exercise honestly, the faster this works. Some of us are after better health (using mfp helped me lower my blood pressure) and others to lose weight, others to get stronger muscles and endurance. I must have read this forum for months before deciding to post and it is a little overwhelming but oh so worth it. I've gotten a lot of support and encouragement from the ladies on this forum. I am very thankful I wandered in and decided to stick around!

NYKAREN[/quote]

Thanks for the information. NYKaren

Lenora thanks for all the details. Let's see if this post works.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Penny: This year's memorial service for those who perished in the avalanche last year seems to have been just right. It is good that those who were lost were remembered. :heart:

Becca: You are a delight. (((HUGS)))

Joyce in Indiana: I hope your spasms ease and you feel better soon. :heart:

Sherry: Great walking today!!! It was nice of your friends in Georgia to send a care package. It looks as though the gifts were just right for you. :smiley:

Charleen: Your home is lovely. :smiley:

Sue in WA: I am so happy to hear that your DH is doing better. I hope he decides to put some effort into caring for his health. My DH has been an insulin dependent diabetic for 51 years. He was not expected to live for more than a couple of years at the time of his diagnosis at age 18. He takes good care of his blood sugar levels and is doing very well managing his diabetes. He has other autoimmune problems as well, including MS and arthritis. They are more debilitating. I hope your DH will learn to manage his illness well. (((HUGS)))

The rain has come and is melting the snow away. There is a possibility of flooding in parts of the Portland metro area. In past years certain creeks have been more prone to flooding & I hope the people who live near them have good luck this time and are able to stay dry. We live beside the Columbia River, but don't expect flooding problems here.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • MeredithDeVoe1
    MeredithDeVoe1 Posts: 67 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Meredith – If you had been tracking before you hit that plateau, maybe you can look back and see what you might have been doing different from when you were ‘losing’ weight. Sometimes we need to do something to ‘shock’ our system ‘off that plateau. Maybe changing your diet for a couple of days. I went OFF hormones because I was in that ‘killer-in-anything-moves’ mode and I did not like it. Had tried me on month long, no week off; that only made it worse for me.
    GritSand, I think when I hit 183 it was because #1 I was in America, land of ice cream, and #2, had recently had a traumatic experience and a painful injury with a long recovery. So losing the 13 lbs was not that difficult. I was hoping getting off the hormones would allow me to begin losing weight again, but no such luck. Going low-carb helped enormously with my digestive woes, and hopefully is helping me to build muscle and lose fat. When I walk, I feel less jiggly and more firm! For now I am trying to ignore my weight and focus on that. I have got my waist measurement down as well, very important for a woman my age for health!

I also live in a weird place (Jos, Nigeria) and have a stressful job with long hours. I love it, but it limits my time for exercise and cooking. I am praying about a life change that would give me more time for things that are important to me. I love my job but I am not sure how many years I can keep going like this, 45-55 hour weeks!
  • sherryminch
    Options
    Hey now.....

Sorry I've been kinda sidetracked with dinner and movies and walking (just got back, 5 blocks up, 2 blocks over, 5 blocks down and 3 blocks back home, it's a new record for me from the 3 blocks up,1 block over, 3 blocks back and 1 block home I used to do at the old house...) and PT exercises.....haven't logged anything yet in MFP and haven't checked my fitbit yet since I walked earlier today to the post office, but I am hoping it was all enough to get my steps in and burn close to 900 calories again like yesterday....cross your fingers....and even if it's not, I still consider it a good day as far as exercise....

Lenora - YAY!!!! Pink flamingo slippers!!!! You did it, I love the pic!!!!

Cheri - I know, right???.....what's up with that??....aren't us android users good enough for the camera thingy or what??....we should send MFP some feedback and tell 'em to fix it dangit!!....and if they want me to pay for the premium version then by God they BETTER fix it or they can kiss my money's butt....lol....

Barbie - so glad you got a good report from the doc....I have to take 5000 iu of D too....I use to take a statin but once my numbers got low enough I asked my doc to take me off of it and let me try maintaining my numbers with my diet I have now....statins have been known to cause some bad problems medically and it kinda scares me cuz it would be just my luck it would mess me up too....so I watch my cholesterol intake on my diary really close and do my damndest to not go over my limit....I try to stay as far under it as I realistically can....please be careful taking your statin, I don't know which one you take or for sure which ones are the worst offenders of them all, so just be careful....I don't want it to hurt you in the end....OK?

Katla - jeez I'm so glad I don't live in Portland anymore....sounds like it's raining pretty good down there if it's threatening to flood in the usual places....speaking of raining, it warmed up enough here air temp wise that it's now raining pretty good, it started while I was on my walk....the air temp is warm enough for rain but the ground temp is still cold enough that the rain is freezing on it....WeatherBug says it's still supposed to get a little warmer still tonight, then be 43 degrees here tomorrow, which will seem almost balmy considering it hasn't gotten over 25 degrees here for over a week....it's kinda nice to hear the rain pittery pattering on the roof again, I kinda miss that, it's kinda like having one of those sleep machines that plays rain sounds....lol....

Kim - I always do my clothes shopping at Goodwill's and other thrift shops....I hardly ever buy new clothes for myself....I'm just the penny-pincher from hell and have always believed in "why buy new when used will do?".... lol....something my foster mom taught me....it's cheaper and if I look hard enough I can usually find stuff that still looks pretty new or is new and somebody donated it cuz they bought it and never wore it for whatever reason....when my weight topped out at it's highest, 319, I became very frustrated that I just couldn't find much in used stuff and I was so big I was forced to buy new stuff from places like Lane Bryant and Roamans and whatnot....it got really expensive and I decided that I had had enough of that crap and changed my diet drastically and started walking as much as I can even though I have such a hard time even walking, and I wanted less pain in my back and my doc was threatening me with bariatric surgery if I didn't get myself under control...so now it's a really big bonus for me to drop to a 26 from a 28....it's really hard to find a 28 in jeans used or new except for the high dollar places....yippeeee, now I don't have to!!.....my foster mom was a very thrifty woman and managed to care very well for the 5 of us foster kids on her husband's meager salary and the funding she got from the state for taking us in....and back then the funding wasn't much....so I learned a lot from her....including how to really appreciate what little I do have....she was a really great woman and I miss her deeply....and since she taught me so much I am gonna take out an ad on Craigslist and donate my bigger clothes that are too big for me now to a plus size woman that is in need....the last time I did that I got a lot of responses and chose a woman who turned out to REALLY be in need....she showed up at my house with two kids in tow in a really runned down car that was barely running and when she got out of the car I knew I had picked the right girl cuz the clothes she was wearing didn't fit her very well and looked very old, worn out and quite shabby and stained....she was very well groomed, her kids were in clean neat clothes, but you could tell she put her kids first......so I was very happy she got them....I just asked her to please pass on what she decided not to keep to another woman in need.....pay it forward kind of thing....lol....

Re - maintaining is a good thing, so don't be hard on yourself....we all slip from time to time....just as long as you don't gain, and you said you didn't so if I were you I would chalk that up to an NSV and just move on and maintain....and when are you gonna come back and post on a regular basis??....hopefully after the holidays....I miss your wit and humor.... you always seem to get me to belly laugh and girlfriend, that's hard to do (I don't usually smile much, it's been a hard life)....sure I post a lot of lol's but those are just minor giggles that I use to show that I find something entertaining or humorous....it really takes someone special to make me belly laugh, even some of the best comics only get grins out of me.... >:)

Boy, look at me, Miss Chatty Kathy here....jeez, I talked poor Kim's eyes off...lol...sorry ladies....I know some of you don't like reading long posts but I can't help myself....it's been so nice to share things again with people that sometimes it gets away from me and before I know it I've written what seems like a book to you all....lol....hope it doesn't bug ya too much, and if it does well then just don't read it....lol....

Aaaannnyyyway, I'm off to bed and going through emails (don't know why I do that at night in bed, just a habit I developed that my doc doesn't like but too bad, it's my way of rebelling against him, I gotta do that somehow or I'm just not being an ornery patient....lol....)....good night all....sweet dreams!!...

Sherry in "the relaxing sound of rain on the roof" Dufur
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    B)
  • sherryminch
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Meredith - Wow! Jos, Nigeria....I'm gonna check that out on Google Earth....don't mind me too much....I'm pretty harmless....I just do a lot of what I call "couch traveling" since I have never been outside of the lower 48 states and envy those who do get to travel or live in weird or exotic places....welcome to the group....great bunch of ladies here, with lots of support and encouragement....and just do what feels best for you and your body at any given time, no judgement here....yes, I will talk your eyes off more often than not....and it's nice to meet you, I live in Dufur Oregon....

Alright ya'all....stop lookin' at me like that....I'm going to bed....lol....just wanted to say "Hi" to the nice lady.... :D

Sherry in "OK, I'm gonna shut up now and let somebody else talk" Dufur
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    B)