WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Joyce and Janet. Sending you healing <3

Grace. Glo's advice is spot on--have a talk with DD and lay down some new guidelines You are generous in so many other ways, time for you to sleep in more!!

At DH insistence, I didn't pop out of bed at 2 a.m. But stayed until 5:30. Feel so much better.

Going to do some TED talk research on habits and curiosity. Anybody hear the shonda rhimes talk on the year of saying yes?? Heard it was a good one.

Here's to a great day everyone. NYKAREN
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 266 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thank you logging! Yesterday was a tough day. No, it was a FUN day! I had a lunch time potluck Christmas party at work and my running club christmas potluck in the evening. Of course my diet was "off" yesterday. You know what? Thanks to MFP, I planned for it. I enjoyed some goodies at both events so I didn't feel deprived. I also drove away from both events not feeling like a stuffed whale from over indulging. When I am not logging, I get into that "well, I blew it. I might as well stuff my face" mindset. Not yesterday. At my running club potluck, they had "show and tell". People got up and showed medals they earned over the year and why that race was so special to them. I got to hear some very amazing and inspiring stories.

Sherry-when the site loses a long post.... that just sucks.
    Gloria - Congrats on the loss!!
    Janet - Hope you get some answers and feel better soon.
    Kim-I am not a super huge expert on reactive dogs but I might have some ideas. What is your springer reactive about? Is he food or toy guarding? Is he reactive to other dogs? People? Usually the reactivity is fear driven and often it is just management. Feel free to email me if you rather. ann.smorado262@gmail.com
    Lenora-Cracker sounds like an adorable little spitfire! Jack Rat says it all. LOL! They are fast. Small but mighty.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,061 Member
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,525 Member
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,994 Member
    morning ladies~
    well you never know what you'll see when out walking here
    once I figure out how to post it from my phone, I was walking back up to the house here and 3 bobcat ran across the road think it was a mom and 2 little ones, and she was stalking a squirrel.. got some beautiful pictures, but Tom will take the dogs out for a walk one at a time now..and carry something with him..at last count when I went to bed last night I had 11,900 steps..
    Mary is coming to pick me up in a 1/2 hr for the Christmas coffee hour,,,had a good breakfast so I will only have a cup of tea there ... no donuts
    then going out to lunch with a couple of other's, going to an indian restaurant.. I dont eat spicy or hot foods so we shall see about that..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    Janet and Joyce healing thoughts.

JantrWe live near a park and I have found deer ticks on me. I have twice gone on antibiotics as a preventative against Lymes. I have not given up gardening, but I try to take the best precautions that I can. One problem with deer ticks is in the spring they are the size of a poppy seed, so unless you develop the tell tale rash you may not even realize you were bitten. I was tested once for it too. At that time it was negative, but it does not always show up in blood tests. Your symptoms can be a better indicator. My brother got Rocky Mountain tick fever a few years ago. He thinks he got it in Arizonia.

I hope they can get to the bottom of what is causing your symptoms Any medical condition stress can make it worse.

:heart: Margaret
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,194 Member
    picgifs-christmas-balls-7531029.gif

2nd week of UTI, third round of antibiotics.

Vet said Chewy's eye getting better, but doesn't look it this morning.

DH got trazadone which is working on his hives and referral to pain management doc.

Chiro for me this morning.

Rita from CT

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited December 2016
    Heather - I'm so happy to hear your family trauma is resolved for the time being. No wonder you slept late! Here are some (((hugs))) for you. Virtual hugs. The best kind, eh?

CJ - Since the pics I posted yesterday weren't exactly OF the high north, just FROM the high north, here's another one. This I shot more or less randomly out the window of the light rail train on my way to my son's house back on Sunday.
    16dlf7hc9803.jpg

I'm struggling with my weight now, after a couple months of putting too much focus on work and deadlines and not enough on myself and living well. Also I have a strange pain in my ribs just below and to the right of my breastbone. I think it's a bruise or something. It started on the plane up. I had dropped my cell phone and it slid under my seat. I was by the window and the center seat was unoccupied, but still it was a bit tight reaching down to the floor under the seat where the phone was. The guy in the aisle seat looked me in the eye and gave me a thumbs up when I emerged with the cell phone in my hand. I guess that was nice of him. :flushed:

I wonder how professional contortionists feel when they start to get old and stiff...

Anyway, it's time for me to crank up the discipline again.

/Penny, feeling a bit like a beached whale at the North Pole
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,600 Member
    Thanks Penny! <3 Those contortions can give you pains. I have a small hernia around that spot I think. It doesn't often cause me problems now I am thinner, but I used to catch it quite often. :o

My new Polar heart monitor arrived at lunch time. I've set it up and given it a try out, just jumping up and down in the front room. (Being careful of my knee) It worked brilliantly. I had previously worked out my 5 zones from YOUNGER NEXT YEAR, so I was able to set High and Low alarm beeps. I will write out the others on a Post It and keep them on my machines. I also tested my recovery rate and was pleased to see I dropped 30 beats in one minute. That's good. :D Previously I had to grab handles on my machines, which affected the rate and took a while to register, so this will be better. I have certainly worked a bit harder since reading the book. o:) I was also surprised how much of a workout I got just jumping about on the hearth rug! :laugh: I did wave my arms a lot. :bigsmile: The chest monitors are more accurate than the solely wrist ones. The important thing is to get the rate UP! :D

Done some cards. Now to finish the others.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Sherry: It worked. Cats have staff, or perhaps they have worshipers. :devil:

Heather: Hugs to you and DH. Take a deep breath and enjoy a moment of peace for yourselves. :heart:

Penny: (((HUGS)))

I had hoped to travel to Salem and take Christmas Wreaths to my parent's graves, but the weather seems pretty iffy today. There is snow in the forecast and we'll wait for a better day. Snow is not a common event here in Western Oregon, and too many people don't know how to drive in it. I trust myself and my all wheel drive car but not others on the road. :noway: It does look like I'll be able to go to yoga today. Yay!!! :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

christmas-tree-gifts.gif

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    <3
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Well not going home.. As I said at one time, my blood count has always been a little low at 10 when it should be 12. But when. I came in with my nasal bleed it was 8.2 yesterday 7.2 and today 6.9. The gi guy said the striatum sin my stomach which he said was evidence of gastritis could be previous bleeding. So I stay today and get 2 units of blood today. He also red red another blood pressure medicine and chest X-ray. I can also have some basal ocean spray to loosen my stuff in my nose. One person who came in today wh did not know what I was here for asked if I had a nose bleed since she could see stuff at the end of my nose. Sure enough, this huge long buger, old clot/crust seems to be sliding out my nose!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,061 Member
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Margaret, thanks for the info. I am not aware of getting a tick bite, but doctor too said it could happen without me realizing it. But if it is Lymes I want to get working on eradicating it.

Janetr okc
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,600 Member
    Joyce - I won't hug you too hard in case that thing slides out of your nose (!), but I am sending you virtual hugs. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Margaret, thanks for the info. I am not aware of getting a tick bite, but doctor too said it could happen without me realizing it. But if it is Lymes I want to get working on eradicating it.

Janetr okc

Regular antibiotics did not work for me as well as several other people that I know that have been fighting Lymes disease for a long time. Because it attacks other body systems other than the blood it appears that it has been eradicated when they do another blood test however, it has left the blood system and is now hiding out in or attacking your neurological system or maybe it is in your muscular system or hiding out in your skeletal system. I went to a homeo pathic Doctor who did an electro acupuncture test to determine that Lymes was present in my body. The pastors wife from our church was diagnosed with MS for several years until they realize it was Lymes disease. She even wrote a book about living with it and how to get rid of it. A lot of the people that I know took the homeopathic route because it works. Even though I am still being treated the first treatment got rid of the Lymes disease and now I am working on the weaker mutated Lymes. I have complete faith that this will be taken care of. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I do know that people come from all over the country to get treatment from the homeopathic doctor that I go to. I did take the normal antibiotic treatment not once but three times and was told each time that I no longer had it… I will never waste my time with that route again.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,695 Member
    :)