What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    I was just on the rowing machine at the gym. When I stopped and took out my headphones, the guy next to me asked what I was training for. "Uh, an indoor rowing race actually. What gave it away?" He said that people don't work as hard as I just did unless they have goal in mind, and because I looked like a pro.

Couldn't come at a better time. My weight has been stuck for a couple of weeks, I still have 50 lbs to go, and the recognition was nice.

It's great to find a fellow rower on MFP! I just started rowing three weeks ago and I'm loving it. My goal is to compete in an indoor race at some point in 2017. Which one are you training for?
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Sweet! The CRASH-B in Boston. I live in New England so it's pretty close, and the February timeframe is perfect. Otherwise I'd have chosen one that's slightly less intimidating! Which ones are you considering?
  • CafeRacer808
    Sweet! The CRASH-B in Boston. I live in New England so it's pretty close, and the February timeframe is perfect. Otherwise I'd have chosen one that's slightly less intimidating! Which ones are you considering?

I was actually planning to start researching all of that on Monday. The only one I've heard of is CRASH-B but I figure Los Angeles will have at least a couple of races (regattas?) I can jump into. Hoping to get on the water in the fall of 2017 as well!
  • CafeRacer808
    Several days ago, I posted about my favorite pair of jeans which I was finally able to button all the way up. This post is about my second favorite pair of jeans, which I'm wearing right now. They're exactly like my favorite pair, just one size bigger. Well, this morning I discovered that they've become loose enough for me to stick my entire hand down my pants while they're still buttoned! There's no way I could've done this three weeks ago. At this point, I'm pretty sure all of you are asking yourselves, "Why is he sticking his hand down his pants and why on Earth is he telling us about it?" To be quite honest, I'm asking myself that very same question as I type this. I clearly didn't think things through before I started writing this. At any rate, Happy Holidays everyone! :D

I'm picturing Al Bundy here....

No comment. :D
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member

I was actually planning to start researching all of that on Monday. The only one I've heard of is CRASH-B but I figure Los Angeles will have at least a couple of races (regattas?) I can jump into. Hoping to get on the water in the fall of 2017 as well!

The Concept2 website has a race calendar, as well as a most excellent training log. I'll stop high hijacking this thread now, but I'll start a rowing thread in Fitness to see if we can find anyone else!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    I've actually told two friends what my highest weight was! My shame is leaving the building!whoot!

Love this. Good riddance Shame.

• Titoki1
    Titoki1 Posts: 39 Member
    Titoki1 wrote: »
    We had an earthquake six weeks ago and our bedroom mirror fell down and broke. I haven't bothered to replace it yet because I am looking for something I really like. So because there are hardly any other mirrors in the house I have not been able to see myself much. Today I was at my mothers house and happened to glance in a mirror and noticed the front of my shoulder was really popping out - the structure of it was much more defined. Pleased to know the push-ups of the last month are doing somehting!

I read that as "We had earthquake sex..." :D And I was thinking "Good for you!!!" ;)

Haha! Certainly was a lot of rocking and rolling going on!

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Several days ago, I posted about my favorite pair of jeans which I was finally able to button all the way up. This post is about my second favorite pair of jeans, which I'm wearing right now. They're exactly like my favorite pair, just one size bigger. Well, this morning I discovered that they've become loose enough for me to stick my entire hand down my pants while they're still buttoned! There's no way I could've done this three weeks ago. At this point, I'm pretty sure all of you are asking yourselves, "Why is he sticking his hand down his pants and why on Earth is he telling us about it?" To be quite honest, I'm asking myself that very same question as I type this. I clearly didn't think things through before I started writing this. At any rate, Happy Holidays everyone! :D

Wonderful post!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!