Salad for Christmas dinner

Options

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I tend to lack fat in my diet. And been stupidly low on calories since my new job has been kicking my *kitten*, I burn between 2500-4000 on long shifts and eat maybe 1600 if I try hard to stuff self before passing out. So Christmas dinner should help refeed :3 yum. Screw salad. Unless its cesar with Renée's (So doesnt count as healthy at that point) ;D
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I think the bigger question is who will have the guts to weigh themselves the day after Christmas? Not me, thats for sure :weary:

Me! Lol, Christmas Eve dinner only gave me a 2lb/1kg gain this morning. Hmm, gotta top that today. And I will, as I already ate a month's worth of carbs for breakfast :D . I'm a low carber, so there's gonna be big water gains.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I was stuffing my face with cookies at 6am this morning. Gonna have some huge pancakes for breakfast. More cookies. Then some lasagna, ham, and shredded beef sandwiches for dinner. Then more cookies. No way to a salad today or any day really.

cookie_love_400x300.gif

Amen.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am having/taking/preparing a salad buffet for Christmas dinner, plus what ever else will be served at the table. Festivity is what we make of the day, not what we serve or eat.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I think the bigger question is who will have the guts to weigh themselves the day after Christmas? Not me, thats for sure :weary:

I did for the amusement factor. Up nearly a kilo. Mostly food (aka booze) and water weight no doubt, and the calorie burn from today's hike ought to cancel out the rest :)
  • Charlene_1985
    Charlene_1985 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was at a work dinner last night and the food was awful so I had 4 plates of Caesar Salad which was fantastic with whipped cream and fresh fruit for dessert. Enjoyed a few glasses of sparkling wine too. But I would have had a more traditional feast if 1) I wasn't away for work, 2) The food served was something more my liking.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Vegan dinner and not a salad in sight:). Three bean vegan chili and home made bread. Managed to go just shy over my calorie goal, rum happens.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Lunch was huge. Dinner is not in need of happening today.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    We had salad.... 4 of them.

- quinoa, pomegranate, cucumber, mint, feta, slivered almonds.
    - cos, mango, red onion, avo, macadamias, coriander
    - rocket, fennel, zucchini, celery, Parmesan, pine nuts, parsley
    - butter lettuce, roast sweet potato, honeyed pecan, bacon, chives

Served alongside stuffed roast turkey breast roll and ham...

The salads were delicious. I like salad - never considered whether it was unhealthy or not, it's just food that tastes good.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I weight daily. I was 151 Christmas Eve morning. After our Christmas Eve dinner (seafood feast) I somehow lost and was 149 Christmas morning. I'll update tomorrow morning, but I'm not expecting much gain (we had Christmas dinner at my MIL's house - and, yes, I had some salad, along with ham and other veggies). Now the morning of the 27th? Yeah, I expect a decent gain... We're having our at home feast tomorrow.
  • VainMommy
    VainMommy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not healthy but within my calorie goal :)
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I had turkey and salad for dinner (low carber visiting a high carb house realities)- didn't even die, true story ;)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I ate all the foods, but came home with cookies. I will have to freeze them and work through them slowly. I just may jump on the scale in the morning.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,067 Member
    Options
    I had lots of salad - not because of weight issues but because Australia: Xmas is in middle of summer and we always have cold Xmas meal.

Mind you, not all the salads were low calories ( I do love potato salad) and I had plenty of cold meat and seafood too. Oh and Xmas pudding and chocolate and alcoholic beverages.........
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    We had salad for dinner on Christmas, because the actual celebratory meal was brunch.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Up 3 lbs. Not too bad!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    No, no,no,no. It's one day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    So I ended up having a salad after all...just a side salad, and only lettuce, cheese, and dressing, but it appeared and disappeared before all the food.