Maintenance Check January 2017

Options
fidangul
fidangul Posts: 673 Member
edited December 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hi everyone!!!

Throughout my weightloss endeavour I took part in the monthly weightloss challenge. That used to give me a place where I can report back the positives and negatives of my week. And since hitting maintenance I miss all that. It was nice to share the good and bad.

The aim of this thread is to have a weekly weigh-in check for some accountability or support. I don't know if anybody would like to join me here. But I wanted to start something similar for the maintainers.

Name:
Total Weight lost:
Time it took to lose:
How long in maintenance:
Maintenance weight range:

Week of...
2nd January:
9th January:
16th January:
23rd January:
30th January:

Success/struggles of the week:

Replies

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Do you mean 2017? Title says 2016 :) And great idea-I'll join in!
  • fidangul
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Oops... thanks
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I will join in too!
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Nice idea! Sure I'll be a couple lbs up but still in range so it'll be interesting to see where I'll be end of January.

So lowest recorded or average weight of each week?
  • fidangul
    edited December 2016
    Options
    HappyGrape wrote: »
    I will join in too!

powered85 wrote: »
    Nice idea! Sure I'll be a couple lbs up but still in range so it'll be interesting to see where I'll be end of January.

Great!! I'll be posting my first filled form on the morning of 2nd January. I only in weigh myself once a week. But daily weighers can take their weekly average.
  • crzycatlady1
    edited December 2016
    Options
    powered85 wrote: »

I'm a daily weigher but only 'count' my Thursday weigh-ins, so I'll be posting my updates on Thursdays :)

eta: OP-I've been in maintenance for almost 4 years now but I just started a short weight loss period last week, to lose a few vanity pounds. Do you mind if I still participate since I consider myself still in maintenance?
  • fidangul
    Options
    @crzycatlady1 no not at all. I think we need long term maintainers for inspiration too. Also, I'm sure that some of us at some point would also like to lose some more weight for vanity whilst still being in maintenance weight range.
  • crzycatlady1
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    @crzycatlady1 no not at all. I think we need long term maintainers for inspiration too. Also, I'm sure that some of us at some point would also like to lose some more weight for vanity whilst still being in maintenance weight range.

It's total vanity lol-we may be going on a road trip for a week at the end of February and we'll be spending a lot of time in pools :p
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!!
  • hrush1889
    hrush1889 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'll join too!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I'll bite.
    Started 10/14. Went on maintenance 5/15. Kept losing until 9/15. Staying pretty much the same since.
    SW 187
    CW 115
    Bounce around between 112 - 117.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    I would love to join once I get BACK to maintenance.. I flunked it the first time never having been there before.. But well on the way back to GW so will def come back when I get back to maintenance again - great idea to continue the support, specially when you make that transition from loss to maintenance and don't know what you're doing LOL..
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I'll join. I'm pretty new to maintenance. I have found it to be more difficult than expected. I actually went about 7 pounds below my original goal. I think having a group like this might help.

Name: Kathryn
    SW:195
    CW:128
    GW: was 135
    Total Weight lost: 67 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 10 months to original goal + lost for about 5 months after reaching that goal.
    How long in maintenance: 5 months ?
    Maintenance weight range: 126 - 130
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    It is nice (?) to know I am not alone in continuing to lose once hitting maintenance. Have finally hit my happy place.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Here's my contribution:

GW: 175# then 165# & finally 160#
    SW: 196#
    CW: 160#
    Weight Lost: 36#
    Time it took: 5 months
    Time in Maintenance: 1 month
    Desired range: 158-162#

I will report my progress at end of Jan 2017.

I think that weekly reports are too frequent but, if there's anything meaningful to report in the interim, I will.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Here for this now that my failed CKD re-cuts are done!

SW: 213
    CW: 129
    GR: 128-130
    Total Weight lost (at lowest): 90lbs
    Time it took: 7 months + 3 week mini cut following failed CKD experiment and emergency surgery
    Time in Maintenance: 9 weeks (would've been 3 months if not for my fails lol)