Time it took to lose: 4 months
    How long in maintenance: 1 week so far
    Maintenance weight range: 118-122
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Name: Kristin

Total Weight lost: 207#, but currently sitting at -198 (oops).

Time it took to lose: May of 2015 was start, reached lowest of 183 in October of this year

How long in maintenance: Decided to maintain for awhile at the beginning of November. It was such a struggle to continue losing. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to weigh less; just means that I needed a break. Realistically, being in the overweight range is still an awesome place for me when you look at where I started. I gained weight throughout the holidays instead of maintaining, though. It's been rough.

Maintenance weight range: the lower 180's. Sitting at 192 right now, so I am back to losing mode. I'd like to hit 185 and STAY THERE. Those few pounds are enough that I can feel the difference in my clothes. I haven't gained a full size, but my loose shorts are now fitting me again. I'm 5'10" and bottom heavy.

Successes this week: I have been going for short runs every morning at 6AM. Reestablishing the habit is my goal for now. Keeping the runs easy. I have walked each evening as well. Returned to more accurate logging. Returned to lower calorie, higher volume, nutrient dense foods after the debauchery of the holidays.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic to see so many join.

Only couple of days left for 2016 to come to end. Let's end it fabulously.

I hope that everyone is ready for our first weigh-in. Remember your positives, I know that they sometimes can be shadowed by the negatives.

• stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Name: Stephen
    Total Weight lost: 78 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 11.5 months
    How long in maintenance: 2 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 183-187

Success/struggles of the week: Just got back from one week Christmas vacation in California; lots of eating out, etc., but logged everything as accurately as possible, and most days got in target number of steps and/or exercise calories. Of course, came back with about four pounds of sodium/water weight, and expect that will shed by New Year's Day...will get back into the gym later today for elliptical and stretching, then will start new fitness plan next week--strength, cardio (elliptical/running), and stretching...
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm all in! This is exactly the type of group I've been seeking to find.

Name: Shelley
    Total weight lost: 147 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 999 days
    How long in maintenance: 21 days
    Maintenance range: 149-154

I know the statistics for long term weight loss. I'm determined to be a success. I know this will entail constant diligence and lifetime continuance of the new healthy habits I've learned.

Being accountable to others is one of many ways to do so.

Let's do this and keep off the weight in 2017!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Name: Jen
    Total Weight lost:135+
    Time it took to lose: 2.5yrs
    How long in maintenance: I declared it at 140 last January, but that was too high for a petite lady. So not really in maintenance quite yet.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 125 at morning weigh-in. Was down to 126.4 after a month of pre-Holiday dieting, but am back up to 127.3 on TrendWeight today.

Week of...
    2nd January:
    9th January:
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week: Total panic bingeing over the holidays. I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel.
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Name: Kristin

Total Weight lost: 207#, but currently sitting at -198 (oops).

Time it took to lose: May of 2015 was start, reached lowest of 183 in October of this year

How long in maintenance: Decided to maintain for awhile at the beginning of November. It was such a struggle to continue losing. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to weigh less; just means that I needed a break. Realistically, being in the overweight range is still an awesome place for me when you look at where I started. I gained weight throughout the holidays instead of maintaining, though. It's been rough.

Maintenance weight range: the lower 180's. Sitting at 192 right now, so I am back to losing mode. I'd like to hit 185 and STAY THERE. Those few pounds are enough that I can feel the difference in my clothes. I haven't gained a full size, but my loose shorts are now fitting me again. I'm 5'10" and bottom heavy.

Successes this week: I have been going for short runs every morning at 6AM. Reestablishing the habit is my goal for now. Keeping the runs easy. I have walked each evening as well. Returned to more accurate logging. Returned to lower calorie, higher volume, nutrient dense foods after the debauchery of the holidays.

you are half size compared to where you started! Well done, don't beat yourself over small regain
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Name: Cathy
    Total Weight lost: 70
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: 3 months
    Maintenance weight range: 145-150

Success/struggles of the week: I'm on a long road trip visiting friends, sleeping on futon, eating out for every meal. But, i continued my streak of getting 10k steps a day and kept it to 2-3 drinks a day. Went slightly over maintenance each day we've been here. Driving home 8 hours tomorrow, so I'll get back on my scale on Sunday. I'm guessing it will read 154/155. My new goal is it hit 130 in the first half of 2017 and get started on slow recomp. I will lift every other day and will walk/run/stretch on the other days. Debating on having a rest day.
  • dawnda1234
    dawnda1234 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Name: Dawn
    SW:262.5 CW:143 Start date January 4th 2016 - November 30th 2016. I lost 7 pounds trying to maintain in November because I was afraid to eat my exercise calories. Three weeks ago I got a fitbit and synced it to fitness pal and solved the issue. The fitbit is amazing! I highly recommend it it for people struggling with weight gain anxiety during maintenance. I continue to log my food meticulously. Now, it's the holidays and I can't enjoy eating without logging and especially going out and eating the fattening foods I used to. I'm not sure if I'm bragging or complaining. I was just telling my husband I wish there was a group like wieghtwatchers, but for maintainers like me, and this morning I come across this thread! This is one of the million reasons why I love this app. Any advice or wisdom regarding maintance anxiety would be greatly apprecieated, and
    more importantly congratulations to everyone for reaching their goals!
  • bookcase101
    bookcase101 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Name- Stacy
    Starting weight - 168lbs
    Currently - 128lbs
    Took about 9/10mths to lose 40lbs and I've been maintaining since October. I want to stay in the range of 125-130lbs.

Hi, I'd love to join in too. I'm struggling with exercise just now, mostly because the kids are off school and I don't have much spare time. Hoping I can get back into my usual routine soon.

• icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I would love to be part of it.
    My name is Irina.
    Starting weight 220 lbs.
    Current 151 lbs.
    Took about 8 months to lose, maintaining for 2 months now. Would like to stay within 148-153 lbs range for now. Maybe eventually try to go down a little more or aim for recomp.
    Finally got a ok from my doc to cycle again, so happy to be back on my bike. Had an early morning ride yesterday and got to see beautiful sunrise. My fav route is the ocean side road, so breath taking. Can't get enough of it.
  • jarcaris
    jarcaris Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I would love to join please tell details
  • BlessedBeyondMsr
    BlessedBeyondMsr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Name: Peyton
    5'0"
    SW: 125
    GW: 105 (met 6 mos ago)
    CW: 108
    Total Weight lost: 20 lbs
    Time it took to lose: several years on/off MFP
    How long in maintenance: 6 months
    Maintenance weight range: 105

Hi everyone. I met my goal weight ~ 6 months ago, but have not really tried a maintenance program on MFP, but would like to give it a try. I have been off of MFP and unable to workout since I met my goal due to caring for a sick family member, but now feel like I can finally spare some time for myself to get back to my workouts and MFP. I am excited to get started back. I have gained 3lbs since I met my goal weight. I would like to lose some remaining body fat and gain some more lean muscle. I have alway enjoyed working out and my workout routine consists of cardio, running (treadmill and outdoors) and strength training.

Success/struggles of the week: I guess I picked the WORST time to get started back to the gym, with the New Year's crowd, but at least I will be in good company with motivated people ;)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I will try to participate. I just reached maintenance this fall and it's my #1 goal for 2017. I've lost weight before in my life, but never maintained it, even for a short time. This time is different!
    Name: Lori
    Total Weight lost: 148
    Time it took to lose: 2 1/2 years
    How long in maintenance:about 2-3 months. Will check to be sure. I never really had a "official" maintenance day because my real goal is to get to the bottom of the range, and I still have 3 lbs to go!
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155

1/1/17 154.6#
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Seriously love this thread so much! Will do my first check in on Thursday!
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Kristi26 wrote: »
    Here is my info:

Name: Kristi
    SW: 142
    CW: 120
    GW: 120
    Total Weight lost: 22 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 4 months
    How long in maintenance: 1 week so far
    Maintenance weight range: 118-122

Week 1 check in, 1/1/17- 120lb
  • karamikner
    karamikner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this! I recently moved right before hitting my GW and don't have the support group I had before, this is going to be so helpful!!
    Kara
    SW: 197
    GW: 125
    CW: Was 130
    It took me a year to loose 70 lbs, I'm just getting back home from a week long vacation of not eating right, so I'll know my current weight tomorrow, I hope I didn't do too horribly! I'm a runner, have been for years, but was never able to get the weight off. Finally with the help of being accountable every week for my food choices I was able to drop those pounds in a little under a year. I'm not going to lie, the maintenance part really intimidates me, so I'm going to need all the help I can get! I'm looking forward to getting and giving support!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Name:Fidan
    Total Weight lost: 48kg
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 8 months
    Maintenance weight range: 73.3kg and below

Week of...
    2nd January: 72.3kg
    9th January:
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week:
    - this week I succeeded in maintaining my weight without weighing or logging my food.
    - I'm still struggling to do any formal exercise. And I'm not clocking in my 10k step goal.

Happy New Year everyone!!!
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Total Weight lost: 85lbs
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: 2.5yrs
    Maintenance weight range: 165-170lbs (6' M)

Week of...
    2nd January: 173.2lbs
    9th January:
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week: Expected to be up a few lbs considering the increased calories and sodium over the holidays. Mondays are generally my heaviest day of the week. Was around 167 a couple weeks ago so much will be water weight. Should see the # decline over the next week and I'll likely have 1-3lbs to trim off over the next month or two. Kept up with doing weights and cardio which was good.