H20~ Keeping the Pounds Falling Off

Options

Replies

• cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I just love reading all of your updates! I'm not so good on remembering what everyone said to write a specific response to each! (Christine - how DO you do it?! Do ya keep notes while ya read? huh?! ...she makes me look bad!) :laugh:

Nikki - your bike ride sounds like too much fun! Now I guess I need to go out and buy a bike... maybe not cuz I know I'll never ride it. Oh wait... I already DID that... twice! Wanna know how many bikes I gave away? Yep... 2! :bigsmile: ...ah... the best laid plans...

Good thing the slave driver keeps me going to the gym! (Now you all understand why I need such a mean and nasty trainer! I am just naturally LAZY!) :happy:

Okay... well after a nice day at work and a good workout at the gym... I opened 2 new books I bought last week. They're Biggest Loser Cookbooks! Ya see... I got fat because I am an excellent cook! (believe that... I have a bridge...) Anyway... I need some new recipes to add to my new-life-eating-plan-thing! Looking forward to trying some out, they sound REALLY good! Will share as I test them out on my sons!! :happy:

Have a wonderful evening everyone!!

As an added note: I am SICK of hearing about carmaggedon too!! It won't affect me... I don't use the 405! :yawn:
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Nikki, great job not sitting on your tush for the evening! You've completely changed your lifestyle and mindset. That's such a good thing!

Cazz, I actually do take notes! :laugh: When I settle in to go through everyone's posts, I open up a little mini window in a word processor to jot down what I want to say. When I'm done, I copy and paste it into the reply space and ta-da! Glad you had a nice workout and I'm also interested to see what good meals you come up with using your new cookbooks. Hubby and I firmly believe in the saying "never trust a skinny cook", so I totally understand your reasoning that your weight went up due to your ability to create fabulous meals!

Tonight was fun, we ended up finding two big clusters of food trucks and doing dinner there. Thankfully one of the clusters was on both sides of a two-block long commercial street, so we did get a little walking time in too while perusing the offerings. I didn't go crazy, but I did indulge in 1/3 of a lobster slider (shared with hubby) half an order of tempura-style bacon-wrapped flank steak (shared with hubby) and 1/2 an order of bacon maple bread pudding (shared again). :noway: The tempura was meh, I'm glad I tried it but wouldn't get it again. I could live off of the bread pudding, though, it was heavenly! I also tried a couple fork-fulls of shrimp ceviche, some cinnamon and caramel fry bread, a small red velvet cupcake (with whip cream frosting, so that makes it a little less evil), and I picked at some lomo saltado (beef and veggies and fries sauteed...it's a Peruvian dish). So yeah, I did have some naughty foods, but I ate smaller portions of the devilish creations.

Though we could be in trouble because I think we talked the bread pudding guys to come park regularly in our hometown. We drove about 25 mins to get to the trucks tonight, so having to only drive 5 mins would be...dangerous. :laugh:
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Pink- I will gladly help you with your laundry once my lights are finished- one problem with living in Europe is our small front loading machines- which are also slow (of course our machine is 12 years old, so maybe the new ones are better? ) it takes forever to do laundry

as for breadpudding, perhaps you could bike or walk to it? burn off some of the calories

April- I am so glad to hear that your photography business has really swung into high gear
    Nikster - great job on the bike ride!
    Cazz- I think I am going to have to take notes too cause seriously I can't remember everything either

everyone else - sorry - as mentioned it 's hard to remember everything but have a fabulous day

ankle hurting a bit but not too badly- will do the 30 Day Shred tonight but skip the walk, plus more laundry tonight to be done- friends arrive tomorrow for a week so I suspect I will be getting in a lot of walking and not so much shredding- of course one of the friends is my former personal trainer and all 7 just completed the IronMan in Zurich - so I may be getting in more shredding than I bargained for....
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Jen, that last part made me giggle!! Great that you have friends coming, hope you have a great time! I rarely get together with friends, but most of my best friends don't live near enough. I try to see them as often as I can, and have one coming to camp near me next week so we are planning to see each other! Can't wait!

Did my 7 miles this morning, it was a speedwork morning, so I had 3 one mile sprints in there. Holy cow, I did NOT think I could finish, but I did and felt good when it was over! The weather was perfect, not quite 70 degrees and not humid! Now if it was like this all summer I'd be a rail because I'd be running everywhere!!!! I love my HRM, it says I burned 900 calories... I LOVE THAT! Now I need to figure out what to eat because I'm hungry. I have a beautiful banana that is calling my name before I go too crazy.

Hope you all have an amazing day too! I'm off to run errands and enjoy my day off! I have band practiice later (did I tell you I sing and play in my church band?) and then my rescheduled hair cut this evening. Yay!
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Christine - you KNOW you're one of the Fabulously Fabulous People in LA! You're pink and shiny - the best kind of fabulous :smile: I totally caved and bought some stuff on Oldnavy.ca after reading about your finds - all 25% off and totally returnable if it doesn't work! I found a pretty pink cowl neck tank that I had to have...now I just hope it looks good! And I love the surveys at the bottom of receipts - so many stores have them now and you can almost always save 10-15% off your next purchase.

Also, I'm HUGELY envious of your food the other day. Where are these random trucks and why don't I have them? Bacon maple bread pudding sounds awesome and I'd devour a lobster slider. I'm a foodie (I spend WAY too much of our monthly budget on food) and your dinner sounds so lovely and varied. I was drooling...just a little bit.

Jen - it's good that you took a break from Jillian - she can be a tough trainer and it's good to get a rest. A few years ago I wouldn't have considered laundry and housecleaning a rest (husbands and families change that!), but hey, maybe you can sneak in some time with a good book??

Linda - did you get in a bike ride? How was it? And how was your daughter's interview? Is she employed at Old Navy? I have fond memories of my 3 weeks at the Gap many, many years ago. The discount was AWESOME but I don't think I netted any money!

April - we miss you but it's great that your photography is doing so well. Keep us posted and maybe bring some of those photos over here!

Cazz - I laughed out loud when I read about your husband and his "they paid me to take this". I remember buying stuff because it was ONLY $5.00, but often I'd end up giving that stuff to charities with the tag still attached!! Now I only buy stuff I love, expensive or cheap! And I was totally wondering what ASDA was...is it an acronym or something?

Also, keep us posted on the Biggest Loser Cookbooks! I've been making a lot of recipes from SkinnyTaste and Cookinglight.com because they're great and already fairly low calorie. A lot of the time I add extra veggies (because low calorie is not always the same thing as healthy), but I really enjoy those sites. I'm looking for more resources, so if the books are good I'll pick them up!

Nikki - your NSV is awesome! Bike riding is such a great way to see new parts of your neighbourhood and enjoy nature. I love seeing the bunnies and squirrels. I actually got restless on Tuesday night (my husband was working late) and instead of just watching TV I went for a bike ride! I confess that I rode over to the chichi part of town and ogled the really big houses - so no squirrels for me, but some lovely walkout basements! Enjoy band practice!

I am blissfully Carmaggedon insulated up here in Winnipeg. But maybe they can bring in Bruce Willis to fix the situation? They seem to do that a lot in LA with any "maggedon" type things :)

Now that I've successfully procrastinated I'm going to leave work and run some errands. I did the 30 Day Shred again this morning and it felt good. That was going to be my exercise for the day, but I think I'll head out for a run this evening if it doesn't thunderstorm. Getting struck by lightening = bad run!

It's almost the weekend and on Saturday I'm looking forward to...running club! Seriously, who am I and what happened to the real Lisa?? I work out at 6am (and like it) and I look forward to running. It's a strange new world - feels like an armageddon moment - send in Bruce Willis to rescue me! Or maybe someone younger, like Ryan Reynolds :) Hey Christine, if you know him, can you send him my way??
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Ooooh... Lisa... I like how you think!!! Ryan Reynolds can come by my house anyday!!!!!! We could run together and everything!!!!! YUMMMM>>>>>> Mama likey!!!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi girls...checking in...this week is gonna kill me at work. One more day...a 12 hr one (yuck) then I am off for three days. After work today I went to check in on mom in law...so my day finally ended at 8 30 pm...started at 5 am when I woke up. Got in plenty of running today...back and forth, back and forth....

My daughter finished her interview, supposed to see the manager next week...she doesnt feel really good about it but I told her not to give up...

happies...
    Although that full moon is causing havoc at work...it was beautiful this evening.
    Someone vacuumed the family room without me asking...now if they would take care of the rest..haha
    My patients all made it through the shift with the help of Morphine, Dilaudid, and Norco....gotta love the narcotics...haha

Linda
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    LOL @ Nikki's comment about Ryan Reynolds...ah, he's just a hottie!

So I officially overdid it for the first time on my run today. I really wanted to get in a run after work, and I didn't want to wait until later in the evening (possible thunderstorm, it would get in the way of dinner, etc) so I went out at 5:30 not realizing it was about 85 degrees. I had water, but I hadn't eaten enough in the previous hours, and it was a rough run. I realized (not soon enough) that I should cut back, so I ran a little slower and took walk breaks. In the future when I feel like that - I walk, not run, home.

So I downed a protein shake right away and then as much water as I could handle, but I got all sick and dizzy anyway. Damn. I tried to eat, but got a little sick (which made me feel better!) and now I just feel dumb. Have you guys done dumb stuff like that? Is this one of those stories all runners have when "back in the day" they overdid it and felt crappy?

Anyway, I'm eating now and I feel better, but I won't be that silly again!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies.. i hope everyone had a beautiful day. just got done having dinner, with my hubby and the neighbors.. Its a late late dinner but, **** happens.. :)

When I get some time ill upload a few of the pictures Ive taken lately. I hope all is going well with everyone.. ;)
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Nikster - "holy Carp" 7 miles! - the friends coming for a visit are Michigan friends, and this is their first visit to Belgium, or at least since I have lived here, I know one has travelled through Europe before but not sure about Belgium....any, as long as he doesn't expect me to go on a hundred mile (or even 20 mile) bike ride while he throws a medicine ball at my head (this is genereally his idea of fun) I will be fine
    Alegria, please please be careful about overdoing it- during my husband's most recent race a 26 year old died from heat stroke (suspect there were other issues at hand), 2 others were hospitalized in comas, and many others needed medical attention and it was only 80 outside (though it had been HOT for weeks, so all of the buildings in Brussels were just radiating heat out) - stay hydrated and take it easy out there!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Lisa... Yeah, it's really easy to overdo it on a run with the best of intentions. A few weeks ago I came home from work on a Saturday at noon, had a nice lunch and about an hour later decided to hit the pavement... it was hotter than I thought and I didn't have my water belt yet. I totally regretted those last three miles!!! But live and learn... I'm still learning too!!!

Linda, I hope your work doesn't kick your butt like mine did this afternoon! Whew, I was ready for that day to end!!!! I have to work tomorrow (only 4 hours) so I'm going to bed early.

April... It's nice to have you back! Can't wait to see the pictures.

I was scheduled to do 2 miles today and knew I wasn't going to want to do it tonight (boy was I right) so I got up early and did it this morning. I'm SOOOO not a morning person, and it sucked! The run was fine, it was the getting up at the buttcrack of dawn to do it! Of course, I didn't have time to eat first, so running on an empty stomach which I haven't done since last year. Yeah, not a fan. So tomorrow I was going to try and do my long run before work, but that's SOOO not going to happen. I literally would have to start running at like 5am to get my 9 miles in and be in the shower before 7am. Instead, I'll work and have lunch and wait until later in the afternoon/evening hours. It's supposed to be really hot tomorrow... oh goody! I love the heat, don't get me wrong, but running in 60's is so much better than 90's with high humidity!! Gotta love Michigan....

I'm thinking of happies today.. I need to get this out because I'm feeling blah today.. so they are:
    The sun is shining
    I got enough Gatorade and energy beans for my long run tomorrow
    I have awesome MFP friends.
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Hey ladies, Ill post a few of the latest pictures Ive taken.. :)

This little girl is Breannah

bri4.jpg

bri9.jpg

bri11.jpg

Here are a couple from the wedding i did.. I didn't edit them for the girl who paid me very little money for them. i edited them for my portfolio..

angieoliv.jpg

girlsjump.jpg

guysrunning.jpg

lacingupdress.jpg

ringfingersang.jpg

strikeapose.jpg

These next set of pictures are of my nephew and his girlfriend from their Pregnancy photo shoot.. (this was the easiest photo shoot to do!)

ericashelylookingatbellyheart.jpg

ericashleybridgekissmyidea.jpg

ericashleyfrost.jpg

ericashleygoof.jpg

EricAshleyhandstand.jpg

Ericashleyinstream2.jpg

ericashley.jpg

ericashleyleanin.jpg

ericashleyledgesit.jpg

ericashleypeakingaroundtree.jpg

ericashleywalkawaylookback2.jpg

ericashleybridge1-3.jpg

Sorry it might take a few for all of the resizing to take effect.. This is what Ive been up to for the past month.. LOTS of editing..
  • cazzincali
    Options
    Nikki - What's with the energy beans? I mean... what ARE they?!

Okay... my NSV... I am growing out of my new Guess jeans! The RIGHT way! :bigsmile: Now, I wish I hadn't purchased 2 pair of the size 10's. Good news is I also bought some size 9's. :happy:

Now... my complaint! WHY, oh WHY, can't the middle go as quickly as the bottom?! :sad:
  • cazzincali
    Options
    April!! You are SO good at what you do! KUDOS!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    April!! You are SO good at what you do! KUDOS!

Thank you.. I hope one day it can be my full time job.. :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Options

Okay... my NSV... I am growing out of my new Guess jeans! The RIGHT way! :bigsmile: Now, I wish I hadn't purchased 2 pair of the size 10's. Good news is I also bought some size 9's. :happy:

Now... my complaint! WHY, oh WHY, can't the middle go as quickly as the bottom?! :sad:

Energy beans are jelly beans (made by Jelly Belly) that are good carbs to use to get energy while you work out. It's recommended when you work out (run) for +1hr that you use some sort of fuel + hydration. On my long runs I'm starting to go closer to 1:30, so I need energy to make it through! There's lots of type of fuel, but since I'm still new to this, I liked the beans. They literally taste like jelly beans and helped get me through 8 miles last week. Planning on them for tomorrow's 9 miles! Plus I got some Gatorade since I will most likely need the electrolytes with all the heat and humidity I'll be having on my run. For sure will need sunscreen tomorrow!!!! Yay!

April.... awesome pics!!!!
  • cazzincali
    Options

Energy beans are jelly beans (made by Jelly Belly) that are good carbs to use to get energy while you work out. It's recommended when you work out (run) for +1hr that you use some sort of fuel + hydration. On my long runs I'm starting to go closer to 1:30, so I need energy to make it through! There's lots of type of fuel, but since I'm still new to this, I liked the beans. They literally taste like jelly beans and helped get me through 8 miles last week. Planning on them for tomorrow's 9 miles! Plus I got some Gatorade since I will most likely need the electrolytes with all the heat and humidity I'll be having on my run. For sure will need sunscreen tomorrow!!!! Yay!

April.... awesome pics!!!!

Thanks for the info, Nikki!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Say it with me girls...THANK GOD THE WORK WEEK IS OVER! OMG...I thought today was one of my easier days...then the afternoon came. Sent me two patients...without a phone call to tell me they were coming. Talk about being unprepared. Whatever...my charge nurse helped me out so I was able to get it done and punch out on time for the first time this week. I am off for three days...gonna enjoy them. Supposed to be hot....wanna swim but I think that icky TOM is creeping.

Sounds like you have all had a wonderful week with getting it done!

Beautiful pictures April...I think you have some talent to share.

May you all have a wonderful weekend....:tongue:
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Thank you Nikki & Linda.. :) Its something I love to do.. im hoping in the next few years we can save up and buy a house, one with a garage or a basement and turn that into a studio.. :) Keeping my fingers crossed! I want to be able to do it full time eventually.. :)
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everyone is doing GREAT!!!

My three happies:

1 - we are going home tomorrow:bigsmile:
    2 - we are going home tomorrow:bigsmile:
    3 - we are going home tomorrow:bigsmile:

Can you tell I'm SO excited to be going home? Three weeks is TOO long to be away. :happy:

Have a great weekend, Ladies! :flowerforyou: