• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Aw dam, sorry Stan. I got excited and replied in the wrong thread! Haha! (Just delete it).

Anyhow I'm in for 30

You nerd. LOL What thread did you reply in?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see now.

I should flag it for abuse. lol

Haha! Yup... I'm abusive!

Takes a nerd to know a nerd :wink:

Bite me. lol

I may look into this bridgestreet.... @skippygirlsmom .

Alex should have graduation about then, if he goes. He's supposed to leave Monday. But he totaled his buddy's truck yesterday under the influence. I'm not sure how that will effect him leaving. Or what his plans are.

If it all plays out, maybe we'll work it where we catch you guys.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Aw dam, sorry Stan. I got excited and replied in the wrong thread! Haha! (Just delete it).

Anyhow I'm in for 30

Bite me. lol

Alex should have graduation about then, if he goes. He's supposed to leave Monday. But he totaled his buddy's truck yesterday under the influence. I'm not sure how that will effect him leaving. Or what his plans are.

@elise4270 come on over, it's a nice pretty flat course
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

Anyhow I'm in for 30

Bite me. lol

http://bridgestreethalfmarathon.com/

http://www.active.com/huntsville-al/running/distance-running-races/bridge-street-town-centre-half-marathon-2017

I won't be running it this year as it is too close to Kentucky Derby. I may volunteer tho. I'm also missing the Oak Barrel Half up at the Jack Daniels Distillery.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    My taper & recovery + 26.2 puts me at about 100 miles for January. I keep falling just short so maybe this month! But mostly I want to hit that 26.2.

I may not follow recovery exact as I want to focus on strength training. I am going to aim for 75 miles this month.
  • 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    50 miles for me this month :)
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Setting goal for 155 again, but I'm not sure how the HM in 2 weeks is gonna affect that.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    My goal for January is 50 running miles and a refocus on strength training.

I'm starting with a Park Run in a couple of hours!!

Have a fab January everyone.
  • tartanhibee
    tartanhibee Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am going for 40 miles this month
  • 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Date,,,,,,,,,Miles,,,,,,,,,Total
    1/1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2.0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2.0

exercise.png
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    6 done. And it hurt.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    1/1- Rest

Total: 0/120

Today's notes: After running too hard during last night's long run, and with 8-12 inches of snow coming over the next 38 hours, I'm not too disappointed to start 2017 with a rest day that was scheduled anyway.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Today is Sunday which means a planned rest day for me.
    Happy New Year to everyone. I hope your 2017 will be awesome. I am so glad everyone found this month's challenge and like to welcome all the new folks we got so far.
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am in for another 100 this month! Happy New Year everyone! :)
  • Ericsmi
    Ericsmi Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Minimal goal of 50 and hopefully a little consistency.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @orphia - speedy!!!
    @elise4270 - so glad to see you running! Sorry about your son and hope it works out okay.
    @skippygirlsmom - That will be great to run the HM with Skip!

I'm better today (from the stomach virus I got Friday night). However, since normally I start exercising way too quickly after being sick, and end up relapsing, I'm going to take one more day off. Even though I feel fine today. My husband had it for about 4 days so I'm lucky it was just 24 hours for me. Probably all that running I do. :wink:

• Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    It's January in Minnesota. I'd like to aim higher, but all things considered a goal of 50 seems about right. I'll race a half marathon in about two weeks in Key West, but no other races planned. I'll need to revisit my training schedule to make sure I'm not dogging it too much post-race!

I spent some time this morning catching up my master log. Finished 2016 with 473 miles which, while not great, was over 200 miles more than what I ran in 2015. My 2016 monthly totals look like this:
    gj2mtbyypxrp.jpg

and here's my yearlys since 2008:
    eybyzhjyw2hr.jpg

No running today. Rest. And football. ;-) Happy running, all.

exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @Calvin2008Brian this MN weather sucks. We're looking at 8-12 inches of snow over the next 48 hours.

What do you use to log your runs? I'm still trying to figure out how to log, in addition to Strava and Garmin.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    @Calvin2008Brian this MN weather sucks. We're looking at 8-12 inches of snow over the next 48 hours.

What do you use to log your runs? I'm still trying to figure out how to log, in addition to Strava and Garmin.

I saw the storm advisories posted for up north. We're getting none of that down here. Have fun shoveling. Ugh!

My master run log is an excel spreadsheet available for free download: (David Hays spreadsheet)

I keep using the spreadsheet mostly because I've used it for almost ten years and I like to be able to compare year to year, but - truth be told - most of my day-to-day tracking is on Garmin Connect. I've fallen into the habit of only plugging weekly totals into the spreadsheet instead of each individual run.