Who drinks diet pop?

Options
I was just wondering who still drinks diet pop even with all the studies on aspartame. I drink 2-3 cans a day and am not sure if i should quit it.

Thanks

Replies

• TricksterBreeze
    TricksterBreeze Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My work provides free drinks to us kitchen staff, and I constantly drink Diet Pepsi.
  • gottagetitoff11
    gottagetitoff11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    How much do you both drink in the run of a day.. Thanks
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I do! I average about 6 - 7 a week sort of in cycles. I'll go two or three days without any at all and then drink two or three on one day. . . or I'll go for several weeks without really wanting one and then drink two a day for a week.

I often use non-caffeinated "flavored" diet sodas (root beer, orange, black cherry, etc. . .) as an alternative to a sugary dessert; cola flavor is my go-to when I want the psychological pick-me-up of a caffeinated beverage.

All things in moderation. . . even moderation!
  • LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Me! I drink 2 to 4 cans per day of Diet Pepsi. I know some choose not to drink diet soda and that is fine. But the studies I have read showing harm to lab rats... they give them absolutely ridiculous amounts of sweetener that no human would even consider consuming. I understand that plain water would be better for me but I would binge on food if I didn't have the soda. I'm not giving it up unless my doctor tells me to.
  • zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Diet coke and sprite every now and again. I don't plan on quitting any time soon
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    two liter of diet coke last about 2 days but i don't it all the tme
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2 a day
  • jeanne2121
    jeanne2121 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I quit diet coke. I don't know if this is true but it seemed like I craved sweets more when I drank it
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    my endocrinologist says to limit it to one or two a day. The problem is that sometimes your body can confuse artificial sweeteners with the real thing. Personally I know the more I drank diet Coke the more I craved it, just like my sweet or starchy carbs. I was drinking probably the equivalent of 1-2 liters a day and considered myself a diet Coke addict. I would get extremely agitated if someone dared to drink my last one, and go into a rage, demanding that someone better go get me some, my craving was that bad. I still love the stuff but am satisfied with one or two a day and have noticed I don't feel so bloated anymore, I guess from all those darn bubbles! Now I can drink for pleasure instead of needing a diet Coke fix. I find I really like herbal tea instead.
  • Carol2483
    Carol2483 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to drink several cans of Diet Pepsi a day. My son quit, and challenged me to do the same. I did - cold turkey - and guess what? My taste buds grew back!! Who knew?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    maggiepz wrote: »
    my endocrinologist says to limit it to one or two a day. The problem is that sometimes your body can confuse artificial sweeteners with the real thing. Personally I know the more I drank diet Coke the more I craved it, just like my sweet or starchy carbs. I was drinking probably the equivalent of 1-2 liters a day and considered myself a diet Coke addict. I would get extremely agitated if someone dared to drink my last one, and go into a rage, demanding that someone better go get me some, my craving was that bad. I still love the stuff but am satisfied with one or two a day and have noticed I don't feel so bloated anymore, I guess from all those darn bubbles! Now I can drink for pleasure instead of needing a diet Coke fix. I find I really like herbal tea instead.

What? :noway: