Who drinks diet pop?

Options

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering who still drinks diet pop even with all the studies on aspartame. I drink 2-3 cans a day and am not sure if i should quit it.

Thanks
    Yes I drink diet drinks, I prefer the taste to "regular" drinks and wouldn't want to waste calories on sugar sweetened drinks.

Why quit a zero calorie drink you enjoy and especially when studies into the ingredients (including aspartame) have shown it to be perfectly safe?

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Diet Dr. Pepper from McD's once or twice a day, but it depends on my mood and how close I am to my weigh-in. Personally, I'm not concerned about the aspartame and only slightly worried about the sodium content causing me to retain water.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    How much do you both drink in the run of a day.. Thanks

2 - 12 oz cans of diet A&W per day. I still drink plenty of water and get most of my caffeine from unsweetened iced tea.
    Run_Fit wrote: »
    I don't know what "diet pop" is, but I do drink diet soda. :wink:

Once upon a time soda was called soda pop.

Some regions of the country shortened that to soda, while other regions shorten that to pop.
  • 00000eli
    00000eli Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Diet Mountain Dew 2x week, coffee daily
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

2 - 12 oz cans of diet A&W per day. I still drink plenty of water and get most of my caffeine from unsweetened iced tea.

Some regions of the country shortened that to soda, while other regions shorten that to pop.

And in the Midwest, it's still soda pop.

I drink 2 a day - one for breakfast, one as an afternoon snack. Water was getting pretty boring.
  • LenGray
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    I usually have a Diet Dr. Pepper from McD's once or twice a day, but it depends on my mood and how close I am to my weigh-in. Personally, I'm not concerned about the aspartame and only slightly worried about the sodium content causing me to retain water.

Not enough sodium to cause water retention. It barely has any sodium. In fact it's the same amount as water

Um, thanks for the info? :confused:
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options

I'm aware, I was being facetious.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I don't drink diet pop, but I drink probably on average of 3 cans of coke zero a day. Lost over 200lbs.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I drink diet coke because we get it for free at work. I prefer coke zero but I am teh broke.
  • ASAPStocky
    ASAPStocky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just came here to say

Soda*
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I do. Right now, I drink about a liter of Diet Root Beer (mmm) a day and will start cutting back since I'm dieting again and wanting to get rid of anything potentially harmful or not natural. I did it a few yrs ago and can do it again. :smiley:
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

And in the Midwest, it's still soda pop.

I drink 2 a day - one for breakfast, one as an afternoon snack. Water was getting pretty boring.

I'm from the Midwest and I've never heard "soda pop" except in old movies.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Pop...always pop.. never soda haha.
  • LenGray
    Options

Not enough sodium to cause water retention. It barely has any sodium. In fact it's the same amount as water

Um, thanks for the info? :confused:

You seem disappointed. Everyone needs a boogeyman, I guess.

Not at all. I log my soda so I'm aware of how much sodium is in it and what effect that amount of sodium has on my body. I just didn't want to be a jerk and say that so I thanked them instead.

The question mark was me wondering why they'd bother bringing that up when I said I was only 'slightly worried' and they don't know what my diet looks like. I assumed that they said it because others might find the information useful and my response seemed like the least smart-*kitten* thing to say in response to cause others to stop replying to a non-relevant post.

TL;DR Please respond to the OP's question. I have no issues with diet pop/soda.