Issues with SO

nesa98
nesa98 Posts: 108 Member
Does anyone on here have a significant other that just brings them down with everything that you try to do to better yourself?? I mean .. like you try to lose weight and all they do is damn near force feed you crappy food or make you so depressed that you binge eat to no end??? Just wondering

Replies

• melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    No one can control what I shovel into my mouth except me. I always thought that was a weird concept.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Drop 'em
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Are you married?

Kids?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    No one can control what I shovel into my mouth except me. I always thought that was a weird concept.

Totally this. You can't force feed me anything. I'm grown. I eat what I want.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2017
    If I did I would be getting a new one.. Sorry you are going through an SO that is a SOB..

Since I do not have any details about you or your relationship, just eff em, ignore and do your own thing despite what they or any other human being on the planet thinks or says. or ditch and replace.
  • zebulonap
    zebulonap Posts: 4 Member
    I'm sorry you're going through this. I would say it is something typical of someone with insecurity or low self-esteem. He or she sabotages your diet so they feel better about their own issues. I don't know if he or she is overweight but there are some issues that may need addressing. If it continues or gets worse and you want to continue in the relationship, I would recommend seeing a licensed counselor. Good luck!
  • phoenix74162
    phoenix74162 Posts: 130 Member
    Sucks, talk to them about it. Communication is so important . If that doesn't work... move on! Best of luck and we are here to support you!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    My ex was a downer. We're divorced.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    What's keeping you in the relationship?
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    DTMF

Damn... that man fine???

• Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yeah I don't eat what I don't want to

I do make D fatty with my cooking... I call it "feeding him like a king." I want my man to eat well
  • nesa98
    Yes... married with 4 kids ... it's getting to the point of me wanting to ditch him but he's very manipulative and will use the kids against me... it sucks
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    nesa98 wrote: »
    Yes... married with 4 kids ... it's getting to the point of me wanting to ditch him but he's very manipulative and will use the kids against me... it sucks

Use reverse physiology, against him instead!
  • phoenix74162
    phoenix74162 Posts: 130 Member
    Sorry to hear that, we are all here for support or to vent. Anything we can do
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    nesa98 wrote: »

Use reverse physiology, against him instead!

What's reverse psychology against a manipulitive controlling assdick?
  • nesa98
    Sounds like he's trying to hinder you. Does he have an insecurity issues?

I honestly believe he does ... no friends ... no nothing ... he has taken me away from all of mine plus my family ... hates me on social media, hates that I'm not up his *kitten* 24/7 ... if I'm in the bathroom he comes to check on me... if I'm helping our daughter with hw he checks up on me... like wtf am I doing that's so wrong? Nothing ... I'm a housewife with bad ptsd