90 Day Fitness & Food Challenge

Replies

• Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Glad you're back as well, Aliem. So sorry to hear of continued nausea, but it will pass. Congrats on your marriage! Way to ring in 2017!

Welcome, Humble64!

I didn't exercise yesterday. It was my day for weights, but just didn't get around to lifting. Tonight I have my track workout which I definitely will do! Lost a little bit. Weighed in this am at 131.4.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Went swimming this morning. I went pretty slow, since I have not done laps in years. Just did 1,100 meters over 45 minutes. I enjoyed it and will probably do it again. At least for now, I don't think I can make it through a lot of classes and need to go a bit easier. Food is a lot better today, than in weeks. Definitely more fruit and veggies than the past few weeks. Just got really tired and its only 1:30 here! We are cranking up hours at work this week. Should not have to stay past 7/7:30 for this week, but the next few months will be a lot worse (like 10pm+.) Hopefully I will have a good weigh in this weekend.

Rinde - Great job! I still can't believe how much weight you have lost! You are way past your original goal! Good luck on your workout!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Aliem: congratulations on the wedding and the BABY.... I missed so much!!!! Best wishes on all fronts. Both of my sister had morning sickness issues. One kept saltines in her desk at work, the other could be around raw chicken without losing it. You are doing amazing with all the things you have going on. Glad you loved the laps. I haven't never really tried swimming but I have some people I know that love it.

Rinde: you got it girl and congrats on the weight in.

I was up 1.5 lbs in one day with lots of healthy eating and 4 workouts in 3 days but I am pretty sure it is serious water weight. My body was so so sore today (I even walked funny) and my thighs were a little swollen. Think my body is just adjusting to healing after hard workouts again.

Today I took a rest day. This week 5 days at the gym planned now and next week (and the weeks after) 6 days a week. Tomorrow 7:30am with trainer. Friday mini workout at home/rest/work/massage. Saturday gym, Sunday gym and possible a run/walk on the lakefront!
  • Rinde99
    So glad you both are back at it! Wonderful! I ran my track workout last night. 5200 meters total. Today is my weights and yoga day but I've been really slack about getting it done since my mom died. Just hard to find the motivation. Hopefully, I'll dig deep and get 'er done. Hope you both have a great day!
  • aliem
    Cycled on the stationary bike at a moderate pace and walked on a treadmill a bit this morning. Nothing too crazy. It is so hard to get up early and go to the gym these days. Had a pretty healthy day planned, but was derailed a bit at lunch. Hopefully I should not be too over with calories today. Have to run a few errands after work, so the steps should get me closer to my goal.

Becs - Thank you so much! Yeah. Every time I think about or see or smell yogurt I get super sick and I used to eat it all the time! I hear swimming is really good later on when you have a belly. So I am glad that I like it! I am sure it is water weight. I always gain a few pounds when I first go back to working out. Hope you enjoyed the trainer!

Rinde - Great job! Hopefully you find your motivation soon!
  • becs3578
    Rinde - 5200 meters.. that is fantastic! WTG!!!!

Aliem - I am in awe you are as motivated as you are. AMAZING. My sister werent exercises at all during their pregnancies.

This morning was 30 mins with trainer and then 30 mins of elliptical. Feeling much better today.. not at sore as yesterday. Pretty sure my first 2-3 weeks at the gym are just gonna be a bit painful as my body readjusts. Tomorrow is rest (but night row at home tomorrow am) and then a massage in the late afternoon. Hoping for a massage ever 3-4 weeks during training just to work out the kinks.

Saturday and Sunday I plan on being at the gym but not sure what exactly I am going to do. Also sent the trainer my full week training schedule as I have planned thus far. I asked him to look at it and tell me what i need to add and or tweak! We will see what he says. So far this week food has been really good so I am hoping next week weigh in (thursday) is a good one!. STRONG AND LEAN is what I am doing for!
  • aliem
    Today has been rough. Could not go to the gym this morning. Haven't felt this bad in a while. Food is a little high, but now that I'm feeling a bit better I am going to try to walk it off tonight. Hopefully I will be successful. Hopefully the next few days will be better. I need to finish packing this weekend!

Becs - great job getting back into it! Your goals are so great! I am sure you will achieve them! A massage would be so nice!
  • Rinde99
    Wow! This morning I weighed in at 130! I've lost 47lbs to date. Yippee! I may try to lose another 5 lbs; not sure yet.

Aliem, hope you're feeling better!
  • aliem
    So I weighed in today (even though yesterday was a bit high on the calories). I came in at 131.8, which I thought could happen, since the past few days I have been on a more reasonable diet and the 136 was taken after eating and drinking. So I am changing my month end goal from 135 to 132. I think I might be able to drop it again since I did go over my calories yesterday (yummy in n out fries) and it was fairly carb/sodium heavy. No workout for me. I need to pack up my kitchen today so lifting the pots and pans (I have super heavy le crueset) and such should be a workout enough! Did walk a bit last night, but not as much as I had hoped. Feeling better this morning. Hopefully it continues!

Rinde - that's fantastic! 47 pounds is a ton! You could break into the 120s! You must be so proud.
  • humble64
    humble64 Posts: 69 Member
    edited January 2017
    I know I have been MIA this week however I'm in. I haven't been working out as much as I used to but I'm getting back into it. I ran a 5K yesterday morning within 30 mins and I have been doing great with my clean eating. I gave myself 2 meals during the weekend where I'm more flexible with what I eat but other than that I stick to a clean eating plan.

How often should we weigh in?
  • humble64
    I had a great day with my eating and I'm actually looking forward to go home for a run.
  • aliem
    Packed this weekend. I guess since I have not been able to manage strength training for the last month or so, my muscles are a bit sore from packing. Did not make it to the gym this morning. I just was not feeling well. I almost did not make it into work today. I feel a lot better now, but did not pack gym clothes, since it it busy season and we will be working late. Food today is not healthy per say, but should be within my calorie goals (though I am a bit doubtful over Boudin's calorie count of a bread bowl that has 650 calories, including the core/top.)

Humble64 - weigh in whenever you like. I think we were doing about weekly (everyone on their own schedule.) However, some of us weigh daily, so we might check in more frequently if there is substantial loss or whatnot.
  • syclops
    syclops Posts: 90 Member
    So I'm down for this challenge! I actually signed up/posted for another 90 challenge as well...but basically today is the start date!

Currently at 190, but my goal is to get to 180 and stay there...I know not alot right, but 183 seems to be my sticking point and I have not been able to break it... I WILL BREAK IT. If I get down further than 180, then so be it!

Plan:
    1) Back to 2-a-day workouts. Strict cardio in the morning before work and cardio lifting at lunch. This entails either running two laps immediately followed by a lifting exercise or jump rope followed by lifting exercise. I superset this my entire workout. Totally intense...and totally love this workout!
    2) BYE BYE SUGAR!!! Time to get back to high protein, low carbs (stay away from raw forms of sugar as well as breads, pastas and other complex carbs.
    3) Lots of water, more fruit and more veggies

So that's it!

Today I have burned 1,300 cals and consumed 715. I killed it during my exercise sessions, but plan on improving my endurance and strength even more over the next two weeks! Good luck everyone! Have fun and beat your goals!
  • humble64
    Thanx @aliem

I pretty much weigh myself daily or every other day but I track it once a week on Sat. I did a 3.164 mile run within 30 mins after work today and I feel great. I'm sticking to my clean eating as closely as possible and I feel great. I'm ready for the challenge!
  • becs3578
    Hey guys.... Yall are killin it. I have been good about workouts but food slipped this weekend... My weigh in thursday hopefully will be postive.

I officially have 3 months until my SPARTAN RACE... so 90 challenge and plan are being reapplied. I wont say DAY !, DAY 2 etc .... every time I post but I do have goals.

4 lbs a month in weight loss
    Strength training goals (be able to do several pullups/chinups again, concur the monkey bars, increase my bench press, starting running agan and get back to being able to finish 6 miles (with run/walk as neeeded with my knee).

The main goal is to finish the race proudly and to feel good about what I did. ALSO NO INJURIES!

DId I mention my 20 year reunion is the week before the race so that is totally a factor too!

6 day a week workouts are what is planned. Gonna really try to keep that up! and really work on the food... my worst enemy!

• syclops
    syclops Posts: 90 Member
    Ok...so I officially weighed in this morning! 192! Not proud of that number considering I was down to 183. But, that's what this is all about! YEAH BABY! GOING TO KILL IT TODAY! ARRRGGGGGG!!!!

So the good news...resting heart rate 52...blood pressure 98/62 and all of of sugars and cholesterol are FANTASTIC. Now come on body catch up!
  • aliem
    Went to the gym today. Treadmill and stationary bike. Might swim tomorrow. Food should be within limits today. Will hopefully remember pull out my scale tonight so I weigh in tomorrow. Probably TMI, but my weight has been fluxing way more than normal. Like a few days I will look pregnant from all the bloat, constipation and such and then a few days later I go right back down and look normal. Today (and yesterday) I look slightly pregnant, even though I am not supposed to show for another month or two. So I have no idea what I will weigh in at. I used to only flux a pound or two, but I know it's way more now. So annoying!

Becs - those are some awesome goals! I know you will rock your spartan race! I have never been able to do pull ups, but you are so strong!

humble64 - great job with your run!

syclops - nice goals! I know you will rock the challenge.
  • humble64
    So far so good. Today I did some strength training workout (upper body). I'm starting to feel better already.
  • aliem
    Another rough day....missed my workout. I might leave work early today...hoping to hit the gym tomorrow morning.
  • becs3578
    Aliem - Im sorry you are having a hard time... but you are growing an amazing baby in there so please make sure you are kind to YOU. You are amazing!!!!

Humble - That is great news... I love the way I feel when I am lifting weights.

syclops - I was a good bit lower than i am now about 14 months ago so I totally get it. But I am working until I get back there and this time gonna try to be even stronger and happier not just thinner! You got this!

Rinde99 - Havent hear from you in a bit... how is everything going.. and OMG 130.. you are amazing.

Scale and I are still struggling. Up down, UP down and so on. But my workouts have been good. I am actually gonna hit my goal of 6 days in the gym this week. Saturday and Sunday am before work I am doing cardio. Giving my wrist a break.. it was starting to bother me and I did get a wrist brace that I am starting to wear during workouts. I also order a compression sleeve for wrist and forearm that I hope to wear in the evenings to help with recovery. THURSDAY I had session with trainer (30 mins upper body) and then went for my first run/walk in a long long time. The knee wasnt perfect but it held out for 3 miles.. about 1 miles walking and 2 miles slow run. It is a start.

NExt week trying something new with food/fuel. BIggest meal of the day will be breakfast, lunch a little smaller and dinner the smallest meal of the day with 2 snacks. Going for about 1300 calories on average with HI protein! GOnna try this for a few weeks and see how I feel. Next weeks breakfast will be an egg/spinach/bacon and sweet potato frittata. I can make 1 big one and cut into 4 portion! EASY MEAL PREP!