Worst way to be woken up

Options

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    The teenager who lives in the house behind you is sitting poolside and practicing Hootie & The Blowfish songs on his acoustic guitar. :flushed:
  • ClubSilencio
    Options
    The voice of James Earl Jones coming from the ceiling lamp and saying "Wake up, my son... you took too much acid"
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Royal Marine training gave me a whole bunch of ways that would quite nicely add to this list.

Ultimately, waking up exhausted with the prospect of another exhausting day ahead after a few hours sleep is the general trend!
  • ClubSilencio
    Options
    The sound of platform heels clicking gracefully on the kitchen tile floor and you go out there and there's 2 prostitutes trying to figure out the Keurig.
  • ieroen
    ieroen Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hearing super cheesy 80's music outside, only to realize that John Cusack is serenading you again with a damn boombox.
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Options
    Whenever I wake up only to realize that I'm not actually locked in the locker room at Anfield with the Liverpool footy team it's a feckin drag :confounded:
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Options
    Getting poked in the *kitten* because hubby woke up first

The thread is worst ways to be woken up, right?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that a cattle prod wouldn't be too enjoyable....for most people.

For me? Being woken up by the M-Div LPO while I was on upper level watch.
  • Racouol
    Racouol Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    I'm guessing that a cattle prod wouldn't be too enjoyable....for most people.

For me? Being woken up by the M-Div LPO while I was on upper level watch.

My M-Div LPO would constantly wake me up to have me order parts
  • NeuronsNeuronsNeurons
    Options
    I once was woken up by my friend driving his car off the road and into the woods...screeching brakes, crunching metal, tree trunk, no fun
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    By a client in reception, asking for a bill which isn't in the system, and for me to move his car out, parked behind three others
  • Taylor076097
    Taylor076097 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Absolute worst: 5 AM phone call that dh's 19 year old sister had died in a car accident.
    Second worst- 6 AM phone call that mom died of cancer. Knew it was happening soon but still hard to wake up to that news. Third worst- Dd telling me something was wrong with our old dog and our dog dying in our arms a short time later
    Fourth worst- house across the street being gutted by fire (smoke, fire engines)
    Less bad: nightmare about people dying, dog peeing on the bed and on my leg, sound of my child vomitting/crying/raging, brown recluse spider in my bed biting me by my breast, the sound of men on the roof right outside my 2nd floor bedroom window, big tree's breaking and falling over during ice storm barely missing house

These, being woken up with any news about the death of a loved one goes down as the worst. The rest can be cleaned or handled. But with these calls, at least in my experiences all you can do is wait for hospice, authorities or other family to arivie and drink coffee by yourself
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    phone call from work. "we have you on the schedule for 7 AM, it's 715, where are you?" when you think you had the day off (schedule mess up).
  • Racouol
    Racouol Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    phone call from work. "we have you on the schedule for 7 AM, it's 715, where are you?" when you think you had the day off (schedule mess up).

Had a few of those. It is even worse when that happens when you are supposed to have the day off. Had sleep ruined because I was called with my boss yelling that I was late even though I am on vacation or day off that he approved.
  • ChrissyDomer
    ChrissyDomer Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Fire or co2 alarm, that'll give ya a jolt..
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    11105127.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    4 year old having night terrors and the blood curdling screams
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    The sound of my mother's voice in the morning when I was a teenager was like that of nails on a chalk board or a fog horn.