Looking for Ketogenic friends

Options

Replies

• adamboydharris
    adamboydharris Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    LEAS86 wrote: »
    I've been low carb (under 40g total carbs) for around 6 months (with a few wobbles along the way), feel free to add me, my diary is open.

Do you count insoluble dietary fiber carbs against your total count?
  • NYGalHere
    NYGalHere Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just started doing LCHF / Keto. Still learning the difference of higher fat, less protein, etc.
  • Sieden76
    Sieden76 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Keto here too
  • sknoop76
    sknoop76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!! I'm back on the keto wagon. I lost 35 lbs last year but then gained 2/3 of it back due to stress eating and quitting smoking. But I'm back and ready to give it my all! Day 3 and I can tell it's kicking in
  • VRG423
    VRG423 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just started this journey 4 days ago. I have lots of questions but I like it so far!
  • DH_FC
    DH_FC Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    On it and love it. My skin looks and feels amazing , probably from the copious amounts of coconut oil I've been having now.. Only thing is I do have a carb up every Sunday (I can afford this, not trying to lose much more weight but rather reduce BF % and gain lean muscle) and I feel like shite that night and the day after. Worth it though :smile:
  • perezchar63
    perezchar63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on my 4th day.
  • adamboydharris
    Options
    NYGalHere wrote: »
    Just started doing LCHF / Keto. Still learning the difference of higher fat, less protein, etc.

Regarding protein on LCHF: too much protein will turn into glucose and kick you out of ketosis.

If you want to know your macros based on your height weight and fitness goals, go here: http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
  • adamboydharris
    Options
    VRG423 wrote: »
    Hi! Just started this journey 4 days ago. I have lots of questions but I like it so far!

This should answer all of your questions: https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto
  • mmoore9242
    mmoore9242 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Doing pretty good today. Under 35 carbs!
  • mmoore9242
    mmoore9242 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know this is probably not low enough but it's a work in progress. Hoping to be in 20s tomorrow
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thousands of us over at:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Recipes, answers to questions, friendly people, ketoers, low carbers, slow carbers, newbies and old timers. Lots of knowledge and lots of support.

Come on over!
  • adamboydharris
    Options
    mmoore9242 wrote: »
    Doing pretty good today. Under 35 carbs!

Don't count dietary insoluble fiber against your total carbs. For example if a vege has 5 carbs with 3 of those carbs made up of 3 dietary fiber, that is only 2 net carbs. Shoot for 20g net carbs and you'll be shedding weight!
  • timetochange52
    timetochange52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've been back to low carb for a month now, and am transitioning to keto.
  • tinamadd71
    tinamadd71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for keto friends, too! The more inspiration, the better!
  • Julene64
    Julene64 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been doing LCHF for a month now with great results. I'd be happy to get in your corner and cheer you on. Feel free to add me. :)
  • thuli27
    thuli27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So far so good, on day 5.
  • Miss_TeganMarie
    Miss_TeganMarie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto on Monday! Can't wait to see results :)
  • msh0612
    msh0612 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Me! Started back up again. I was doing it for about a year then fell off and gained a good portion back. :( Need to eat this way for life. Add me if you like.
  • adamboydharris
    Options
    msh0612 wrote: »
    Me! Started back up again. I was doing it for about a year then fell off and gained a good portion back. :( Need to eat this way for life. Add me if you like.

Welcome back! Let's get and stay on this train :)