Options

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    I am going to run a 2-3 week minicut with PSMF/RFL to clean up some of the post holiday & birthday weight gain. Afterwards, I'll move back to lean bulk land.

Think I might do as I have over indulged during the Christmas. Will go down to maintenance for 2-3 weeks & head back to bulk land once I lose a small bit of the fluff I gained over the Christmas.

Am I the only one who lost weight after the holidays? Geez I suck at bulking. :p:D

Nope. I am having the same issue, despite steadily increasing calories. The more I eat, the more my body wants to move. I used to maintain on 1800 per day. Now, I'm at 3450 and only gaining 0.4 per week.

I am having issues with sleep and a surplus! (Or it is a new fun getting older thing). I can not seem to get more than 5-6 hours of sleep. I am used to sleeping 7-8 hours.

The only thing that I found that really screwed with my sleep was low carb. I thought it was the deficit, but I couldn't sleep more than four hours per night even when I was bulking on keto. Won't be doing that again.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    So- I have a big performance January 21st- work shop I'm teaching on Friday- then performance on Saturday. I would RATHER not be a big fluffy mess- do you think a 7-10 cut would help tighten me up a little?

I'm so on the fence- I don't want to stop now- month 3 is the difficult month- but I wouldn't mind a few day cut to tighten down just so I didn't look like a complete fat *kitten* on the stage. herm. decisions decisions.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    So- I have a big performance January 21st- work shop I'm teaching on Friday- then performance on Saturday. I would RATHER not be a big fluffy mess- do you think a 7-10 cut would help tighten me up a little?

I'm so on the fence- I don't want to stop now- month 3 is the difficult month- but I wouldn't mind a few day cut to tighten down just so I didn't look like a complete fat *kitten* on the stage. herm. decisions decisions.

Maybe just do a few days to drop some water weight right before ? You will feel better about how you look for the event.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options

You could also go low carb high protein for a few weeks and then carb up right before the event.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I'll probably drop a little food the week of- focus low carb/high proteins and try to feel less dougey that night- the idea of being as fluffy as I am trying to teach a strength dancing workshop- and then perform just feels really bleck to me.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I'm thinking I'll probably drop a little food the week of- focus low carb/high proteins and try to feel less dougey that night- the idea of being as fluffy as I am trying to teach a strength dancing workshop- and then perform just feels really bleck to me.

Good luck.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am up to 219.8 today! I was stuck around 216 for weeks, even with all the holiday treats. Bumping up my calories to 4,500 per day got the scale moving again. It shouldn't be hard to hit 221 for my competition in 9 days.
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am up to 219.8 today! I was stuck around 216 for weeks, even with all the holiday treats. Bumping up my calories to 4,500 per day got the scale moving again. It shouldn't be hard to hit 221 for my competition in 9 days.

Good luck!
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options
    letsgain01 wrote: »

Good luck!

Thanks! I'm getting nervous since it's my first time competing.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Best of luck to you!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a gifted bag of reese's pieces for the last 3 days. I blame it on bulking. Sorry not even CLOSE to sorry.

It took you 3 days? That's one night.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

Good luck!

Best of luck to you!

Thank you! I just emailed the meet director my openers so I can't back out now!
  • psuLemon
    edited January 2017
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    WOOHOO @psuLemon just saw the name change for this section.. awesome! :)

Maybe it was a mistake. Holy Kitten did this forum all of a suddenly blow up, it's like

shocked-what-gif.gif
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Best of luck to you!

What federation? I've only competed in USAPL and you let them know the morning of the meet.
  • bioklutz
    Options
    Ack! Monthly bloat has me feeling very very fat! It is noticeable to me with clothes on. Just trying to avoid mirrors for the next few days! :wink:
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Good luck!

Best of luck to you!

What federation? I've only competed in USAPL and you let them know the morning of the meet.

It's RPS. I can change my openers at the meet, but they asked for them in advance so the flights could be set.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Ugg...I feel so fluffy. I'm having anxiety about fitting into my pants when I have to go back to work next week!
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    I am going to run a 2-3 week minicut with PSMF/RFL to clean up some of the post holiday & birthday weight gain. Afterwards, I'll move back to lean bulk land.

Think I might do as I have over indulged during the Christmas. Will go down to maintenance for 2-3 weeks & head back to bulk land once I lose a small bit of the fluff I gained over the Christmas.

The 1kg/2.2lbs gain that was recorded this day last week as a result of eating whatever I wanted over the christmas has gone. The Christmas bloat has gone. Back to slow bulking for me:)
  • bioklutz
    Options
    I think I am hitting that 3 month wall that @JoRocka has been talking about. I am starting to think wtf am I doing to myself. I feel fat. I know logically I am not fat. I know logically that a few more pounds and 7 more weeks won't make me enormous. Emotional I have been a little bit of a wreck. I keep arguing with myself to keep going. I set a goal and I should stick with it. Then I start thinking maybe I am just being stubborn and maybe it really is time to quit bulking - I might regret it if I don't stop.

How long does it take you to get through this @JoRocka? This is my first bulk.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Oy. I don't know how I missed what I was replying to. Read it too fast, I guess.

Carry on. Nothing to see here.