Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Why we taking EC stacks while bulking? Do not understand.

Because I look for any reason to shove more food into myself when bulking. The same reason I walk ten miles most days with a weight vest on. ;)

Word. I bulked on 2000 calories. I have an appetite for 2500. Basically my life is crap so I hear ya.

Yeah, my last bulk, I got fat as hell (gained 2.5 lbs./week) on 2800. This time, I'm averaging between 3100-3500, and only gaining 0.75-1 lbs./week so far, and all of the walking with a wight vest is doing wonders for my legs, shoulders, obliques and abs. Even at my current rate of gain, I keep finding new veins weekly.

Screw an "only lift and eat" bulk. The more I move, the more I love moving. Just gotta feed the machine to compensate.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Bored at work today... thusly eating all the things. #bulkingsuccess.

My butt is looking mighty fine- not going to lie- the thighs and the things- looking ahem- fleshy- but my booty- on.point.

I'm the exact opposite. All the "flesh" I've gained has gone right to the booty. Ho hum.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Why we taking EC stacks while bulking? Do not understand.

Because I look for any reason to shove more food into myself when bulking. The same reason I walk ten miles most days with a weight vest on. ;)

Word. I bulked on 2000 calories. I have an appetite for 2500. Basically my life is crap so I hear ya.

Yeah, my last bulk, I got fat as hell (gained 2.5 lbs./week) on 2800. This time, I'm averaging between 3100-3500, and only gaining 0.75-1 lbs./week so far, and all of the walking with a wight vest is doing wonders for my legs, shoulders, obliques and abs. Even at my current rate of gain, I keep finding new veins weekly.

Screw an "only lift and eat" bulk. The more I move, the more I love moving. Just gotta feed the machine to compensate.

I'm jealous.

I need to get more active. I'm so freaking out of shape. Just a big fatty, though hitting PRs pretty consistently.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I feel like the only weight I gained was belly fat. I try to push the hip thrusts and deadlifts in the gym, lots of bodyweight squats when not in gym, but booty stays the same...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

My butt is looking mighty fine- not going to lie- the thighs and the things- looking ahem- fleshy- but my booty- on.point.

I'm the exact opposite. All the "flesh" I've gained has gone right to the booty. Ho hum.

All weight- is all lower body- so my a**is gotten fatter too- I just like how fat it looks. #vainandIdontcare.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I feel like the only weight I gained was belly fat. I try to push the hip thrusts and deadlifts in the gym, lots of bodyweight squats when not in gym, but booty stays the same...

What are you hip thrusting? Are you increasing weekly? Do you do it once or twice per week? What about cable pull throughs, kick backs, good mornings, lateral work?

I've seen ridiculous results but I've been hip thrusting twice per week. One time is heavy in the 5 rep range, another time 8-12. All weight is between 225-300. And the cable pull throughs are golden as well.
  • bbell1985
    Options

Yeah but, how's the shape? Any better/different?
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

What are you hip thrusting? Are you increasing weekly? Do you do it once or twice per week? What about cable pull throughs, kick backs, good mornings, lateral work?

I've seen ridiculous results but I've been hip thrusting twice per week. One time is heavy in the 5 rep range, another time 8-12. All weight is between 225-300. And the cable pull throughs are golden as well.

Apparently I need to figure out a better hip thrust set up because 135 makes me want to cry. I bruised badly from like 3x12 with a bar pad. Maybe I'm just a weenie though lol
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Apparently I need to figure out a better hip thrust set up because 135 makes me want to cry. I bruised badly from like 3x12 with a bar pad. Maybe I'm just a weenie though lol

I use a Squat Sponge or Hampton Bar Pad I've heard is good too. I also put extra padding sometimes to prevent friction when I go above 200lbs.
  • JoRocka
    edited December 2016
    Options

It usually just gets plumper- I've always had a pretty decent *kitten*- but it just looks like a bigger version of the usual bubble butted self.

I use a yoga pad and folded it up about 3-4 times- I still bruise but I can push 200 pounds with it reasonably. edit- the sissy pad isn't wide enough for me- I need it to be wide wide wide- distributes the weight better over a significantly larger surface area rather than just padding the bar. That to me makes a HUGE difference.
  • not_a_runner
    Options

It usually just gets plumper- I've always had a pretty decent *kitten*- but it just looks like a bigger version of the usual bubble butted self.

I use a yoga pad and folded it up about 3-4 times- I still bruise but I can push 200 pounds with it reasonably. edit- the sissy pad isn't wide enough for me- I need it to be wide wide wide- distributes the weight better over a significantly larger surface area rather than just padding the bar. That to me makes a HUGE difference.

I never thought about the weight distribution like that. Good idea! Might need to order something so I can keep working on them.
    I've noticed some decent booty progress the last couple months using mostly good mornings and cable/band pull throughs. I would really like to get some work in with heavy weight though, and my back doesn't agree very well with heavy good mornings.
  • leajas1
    Options

Hmmm...I really don't know. I can tell, for sure, that my thighs have more muscle on them based on how they feel to the touch and measurements. But, in all honesty, it's like all the fat I've gained has gone only to my buttt, so it's just padded and jiggly. I have to assume that the "after" shape will be different than the "before," but only time will tell. I'll report back in about three months.
  • leajas1
    Options

Get your own Squat Sponge and it'll help with about 90% of the pain. I'm up to 205 lbs on hip thrusts and there is a tiny pit of pain and redness using the Squat Sponge, but nothing I can't deal with.
  • JoRocka
    Options

I never thought about the weight distribution like that. Good idea! Might need to order something so I can keep working on them.
    I've noticed some decent booty progress the last couple months using mostly good mornings and cable/band pull throughs. I would really like to get some work in with heavy weight though, and my back doesn't agree very well with heavy good mornings.

have you tried seated good mornings? I find them a little "safer" for me than standing- I just feel more stable. But- I don't go crazy heavy- it's an accessory lift and I treat it as such- I rarely go over like 135- IMHO- doing the movement with reasonable weight is acceptable and useful. I have a friend who can GM like 3 plus plates- it's weird- and I don't understand the drive to keep pushing it as heavy as it can be. It is my believe that accessory work is just that- and doesn't need to be driven to the bitter edge of heavy weight. I've managed to build a damn good booty with sprints, squats and DL and moderate accessory work so I"m okay with it.
  • leajas1
    Options

Hmmm...I really don't know. I can tell, for sure, that my thighs have more muscle on them based on how they feel to the touch and measurements. But, in all honesty, it's like all the fat I've gained has gone only to my buttt, so it's just padded and jiggly. I have to assume that the "after" shape will be different than the "before," but only time will tell. I'll report back in about three months.
    to your "padded and jiggly" comment...
    I say accept it. keep building and working- but if it jiggles- own that jiggle.

Going to repost my post from this morning:
    "Society is crazy about seeing a woman's body, but as soon as she shows it, we some how become sluts" @chakabars #sheisme we are each others keeper- with our words we can raise each other up to new heights- to new found glory. We are not our competition and our bodies are beautiful- own it- love it- accept it- embrace it for all its' wrinkles and flaws and over laps and under laps and dimples. You are beautiful the way you are. You are strong and courageous for facing the day riddled with adversity and negativity. Love yourselves my sisters and brothers. For you are beautiful and perfect as you are."

That's a wonderful post!! I actually don't feel that bad about it in the same way I have in the past, which is a relatively new experience for me. I know exactly why it's different this time though, and it's because there is a purpose behind this weight gain. It's not a side effect of emotions, or lack of knowledge, or being out of control, or stress, etc. It's weight gain out of excitement, determination, experimentation, and out of love for my body and seeing all the great things it can do. This bulk has probably been the most eye opening and amazing experience for me. Not only learning about myself but meeting all the smart and strong ladies here with varying goals.
  • leajas1
    Options

How about trying Romanian Dead Lifts? I do those instead of Good mornings. You still need to keep your core/back tight, but you can go higher in weights and they're awesome for the hammies.
  • not_a_runner
    Options

have you tried seated good mornings? I find them a little "safer" for me than standing- I just feel more stable. But- I don't go crazy heavy- it's an accessory lift and I treat it as such- I rarely go over like 135- IMHO- doing the movement with reasonable weight is acceptable and useful. I have a friend who can GM like 3 plus plates- it's weird- and I don't understand the drive to keep pushing it as heavy as it can be. It is my believe that accessory work is just that- and doesn't need to be driven to the bitter edge of heavy weight. I've managed to build a damn good booty with sprints, squats and DL and moderate accessory work so I"m okay with it.

Haven't tried them seated, I'm not sure if that would bother it or not. The most I've done for reps with GMs is like 95 lbs, so keeping it pretty light.
    @leajas1 I try to do some RDLs about once a week too but I have to keep them pretty light also. I usually do DB's, but I'd probably only be able to do like 95 on a bar for those too.
    It's kind of a weird injury, once my lower back starts to tighten too much the "spot" above will start hurting. I've had an MRI a few years ago which showed nothing, but I think it's something muscular.
    Heavy squats and deads are all good, but I struggle sometimes once I get to accessories after. (Yesterday I did upper back/delt work with no deads and I had to pull the plug on DB rows because it was starting to hurt.) Which sucks because most of the things I have to be careful with are what I really want to be hammering right now!
    Anyway.. I'm trying to look into it now that it's been bothering me so much recently, and do what I can to not irritate it too much for now.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options

I have been hip thrusting 160 5x6 twice a week. My squat was 145 5x5 and deads were at 165 5x3. I haven't increased the weight because I feel that I can barely do the last set with good form. No cables in the gym. I can add good mornings, but thought they mostly worked low back and ham strings. I could also add kick backs with a band, lateral work with ankle weights? I won't be back in the weight room until at least Jan. 6th. Might need to scale back a bit at first, after being off two weeks. I can do some band/ankle weight donkey kicks and lateral raises at home until then (in addition to my circuit and kickboxing dvds).
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I use a pad similar to a pool noodle for hip thrusts. My hubby just cut a slit in it and I pry/wedge the bar into it. It can be cut as wide as you like to fit your hips. I was using a thick piece of foam that broke off a leg curl machine, but it is too narrow. Weight distribution across the hips is key, more important than a thicker pad.