Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Kaavery120188: Great job on the soda!! Welcome to the group!!

Joy: Way to be optimistic… 2017 is the year!!! We can do this! Health is a great word!!! Love the sons sweater… yeah… not appropriate for gma’s! Can’t wait to go raffling with ya! Make a trip to Wisco soon!! Love your positivity, your posts always make me smile!

Bizgirl: Welcome!

Jen: So glad we could cheer you on your walk!! Sweet!! I always think, what will I report tomorrow if I sit on my *kitten* all day! =) Hope you got the car back up and running, what a pain…

Rachel: Way to go on the pole dancing… I don’t know if I have those muscles… LOL! Have fun at Derby… love your activities!!

Janetay: Those unplanned cocktails will get ya! ;) Always nice when you have cushion for them!

June: Way to stay under this week!! Awesome!! That’s so true.. the scale is just a number… we are building muscle and moving out the fat!! Sounds like you are ready for the new year!

Well, yesterday I did great!! Some unplanned fudge at the end of the night but overall good and the scale was down from the weekend, so that is what I was hoping for!!! Not where I want to be for the week but guess I will have to work extra hard next week to make up for my own lousy choices! Today has been a tough day… Work is slow so makes wanting to munch so much harder. I’ve stuck with the water and working on the steps… I did not get my workout in this morning due to a dentist apt… =( So hoping to squeeze one in tonight… Pondering the thought of Lexi joining the gym with me and going tonight… Only it will be a waste once soccer season starts as she will have practice every night but it will get her ready for the season as well. It’s a cheap gym so might be worth it! It’s been so damn cold here that once you get home you don’t want to go outside at all!! Yuck! Here’s hoping for a busy day tomorrow to keep the snacks away!
  • mi55black
    mi55black Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be part of the group please.

I was on here a long time ago and while I was away I lost all my friends on here.

3rd day back and so far have managed to stay under 1300 cal and been to the gym once. Back to the gym tonight for a Body Combat class
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    June - well done on the loss. I'm with you on the measurements - I'm planning to take mine in the morning and make Saturday both my weigh in and measurements day, that way I'm not reliant simply on the number on the scale.

@gemwolf110 - also, well done on the loss, almost back to pre-holiday weight is great. Hope the Zumba goes well :)

Shy - that's a good quote to remember, every step is an achievement and together they will add up to us meeting our goals.

@mi55black - welcome, post often - this is a great place to be!

Well, I am so glad it's Friday. This is only my 3rd day back at work but I'm over it already. There is no easing back in - it's stupidly busy and I just need to take the time to sort through everything and prioritise. On the plus side, on impulse I made apple crumble last night as my husband had been talking about one for a while (he tells me I make excellent crumble!!). I had enough calories left in my allocation for the crumble but the cream would have sent me over. Historically, I would have added the cream and been 100+ over - last night, I added two tablespoons of greek yoghurt to it and stayed within my allocation. And even better, greek yoghurt on apple crumble is really, really nice :) And I got my step count up to over 10,000 by the end of the day so feeling good about myself.

Anyway, have a good day all - let's keep up the good work.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @rachel0778 The car is fixed, and cost a pretty penny. I would love to be able to afford an almost new car one of these days. Sigh How was Derby last night, now that you are a derby girl?

@janetay01 Agreed a drink with friends is worth going over calories once in awhile. It is great to get back to routine. I am still waiting for kids to go back to school. With the crazy weather we have had this week, and the car breaking down, it was a good thing they were still on break.

@wishfuljune You are rocking it, and I love the idea of a spreadsheet to track everything.

@ShyCush6 You are doing great. A little fudge is alright now and again. Talk to your gym, and see if they can do a short term membership for Lexi. Might have to talk to the manager. My membership allows me to bring a guest for free. I haven't done it yet though.

@mi55black Jump on in. We are a friendly bunch who does our best to keep you motivated. 1300 calories would kill me especially right after the holidays. I just updated my weight, and calorie page. It dropped me down to 1500 and I wanted to cry. I have been able to stay under my calories, but only when adding in exercise calories. So great job, Hopefully, you were able to accomplish that as well today.

@gemwolf110 No sugar is awesome. Great job!

@janetay01 What a fantastic NSV! You are so right, there is no easing into work. It is full steam ahead. My work has been weird, I expected to be crazy busy with it being end of year, but it hasn't happened yet. I think it might hit next week, and with the freezing cold the guys have been slow. Which means not a lot of billing for me to do next week. (I do accounts receivable)

Yesterday was an okay day. I got my car back! It runs, and now I get a little heat. The heat is great it was 3f on my way to work this morning. Yesterday, I had planned on making Fajitas. The BF isn't super fond of them so he convinced me to order pizza. (Wasn't hard, I spent 2 hours driving home in the mucky cold and snow) 9 inches fell.
    I ended up eating 4 pieces of pizza, a muffin and a piece of banana bread. I should have stopped at 3. I was full then, but it was so yummy. I did manage to do my walk/jog at work, and realized we still have brownies in the house from last Friday. I normally eat those in 1-2 days. So go me!

Happy Friday! Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • kaavery120188
    kaavery120188 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @Jdelaroy - Thanks! It’s been especially hard in the afternoons when I need a pick me up. I’ve been trying just to chug water and get up and walk around. Seems to help.
    Good for you for getting a walk/jog in after that stressful morning! And good job on not stress eating. That’s definitely something I struggle with as well. Have you found anything that really works for you to help prevent it? I know a lot of people say go exercise, but sometimes I’m at work or in class so that’s not an option.
    I had Pizza last night as well. After a long stressful day it just sounded sooooo yummy. I didn’t overeat and over stuff myself though, so at least I have that small win

@Rachel0778 - Thanks! I’m still really trying to focus on making good decisions in the beginning. Yesterday was a bad day (pizza and wine!) but today will be better.
    I am SUPER jealous that you are taking a pole dancing class! I’ve always wanted to do it! Do you love it?

@janetay – I need to get my fitbit going again as well. I kept forgetting to charge it. Part of me likes my fitbit because obviously I see how active (or not) I was throughout the day. But sometimes it stresses me out if I’m not where I need to be.

@ShyCush6 – thanks! I totally feel you on it being so cold that you don’t want to leave the house. It was 1 degrees outside this morning when I got to work. Brrrr! I’m going to start work out videos INSIDE next week :smile:

Yesterday was NOT a good day. I had ribs and a salad at lunch. The ribs from our cafeteria are soooo good. Then I had a stressful afternoon so I had some wine and pizza when I got home. I didn't over eat, which was good, but not happy about it. Need to stop stress eating. But today is a new day. I've logged everything except my lunch and I'm on track. We are having stuffed peppers for dinner tonight (recipe from skinnytaste) and they are delicious!

Happy Friday everyone! Stay strong this weekend! I know weekends are tough for me so I'm hoping just to make some good choices! :p
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @ShyCush6 That sounds like fun to have Lexi as a gym buddy! Does the gym do an option for month to month?

@wishfuljune Great job already making it to pre-holiday weight!

@gemwolf110 You are a rockstar with already losing the holiday weight. It sounds like you've got some fun workouts coming up yourself!

@jdelaroy Derby was fun, but they hit much harder now! I went flying quite a few times lol. Sorry to hear about your car, hopefully it's able to limp along until you can get a newer one

@janetay01 Greek yogurt on apple crumble sounds amazing! Great job making the healthier choice

@mi55black Welcome!

@kaavery120188 Nothing wrong with a pizza and wine night every once and awhile ;) I love stuffed peppers, great dinner choice! I do really like the pole dancing classes. It ended up being a way better strength workout that I expected since it engages muscles that I never use! If it ever comes to your area I highly recommend it!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! I'm so excited for it to be the weekend! Derby was a lot of fun last night but it is way harder now that I am on the team. Everyone hits 20x harder and I can tell they're still going easy. I've got a nice wheel shaped bruise forming on my *kitten*

Also, I don't know about anyone else but I feel like January is a really expensive month! I swear I blew through my entire paycheck yesterday on miscellaneous expenses that just aren't normally there. Oh well, I guess February will be when I start my savings goals lol.
  • ShyCush6
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You know you do! Well at least after... that's me!! LMAO!
    e699jid7zf64.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Welcome mi55black! Check in often!!

Gem: Way to go with the no sugar in the coffee… the struggle is real! One of my favorite quotes!! But you are rocking it!!

Janetay: Way to go with the crumble!! That uis awesome… you were aware and you stuck with your goals! Nie job on the step count as well!!

Jdelaroy: Glad your car is fixed… Way to go with the brownies!! I find it so hard to stop eating pizza… one of my biggest downfalls! I trick myself and cut a normal 12” into 12 pieces instead of 8. Then I eat 3 and am satified… =)

Kaavery: Water definitely helps when you need a pick me up! Another cold weather girl… welcome to the club! Don’t fret about the pizza or wine… you didn’t over eat so call it a win! Stress eating is so easy to do! Stuffed peppers sounds delicious!

Rachel: Actually my gym does do month to month… which might work but the more I thought about it, she starts drivers ed next week and there goes 2 more nights she can’t use it so it might not be cost effective. Ouch… you are a tough one! Derby sounds to tough for me!

Love Meme Friday! =) Well yesterday I slacked in the exercise dept. I was just barely short of my 10k steps… =( Darn it! But I did eat ok so the scale was low this morning… getting back to pre-holiday weight. Kind of disappointed that on week 2, I am 1 lb. behind schedule on my Holiday weight chart.. but if I keep up the fight, and work hard this weekend, maybe I can turn that around next week! Ever goal I hit, I am changing the color of the boxes so that I can see lots of purple, knowing I kicked *kitten*… I have steps, water, calorie burn, extra weight lifting… It’s motivating to see it all at once in front of you at once! Heading to the gym after work tonight… then meeting some friends afterwards at the bar… I am determined to have one beer and call it quits tonight!! Happy Friday ya’ll!! Have a great weekend!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i'm feeling good about getting back to it now.
    I am taking baby steps however, and this week my main goals were to get back on here and start logging again, but not worry too much at this point about what i'm eating exactly, just to get back into the habit of logging each day, and my second goal was to get moving more again.
    Just to add to my worries last year I got made redundant a few months after my Mum died, I did manage to get another job fairly quickly (thankfully!), however, unlike my old job this one offers very little in the way of opportunities to exercise. I used to have a 10 min walk to and from the car park and my office, now the parking is directly outside the building, plus I used to work in a town centre and would go out every day at lunch for a walk about, now i'm working in the middle of nowhere, so it's a bit more difficult as my company is on a very long main road in between two towns. But i've made a pact with myself that every day it's not raining I will go out and walk, even if it's just 20 mins in one direction, turn around and walk back again, at least i'll be moving.
    As for my running @jdelaroy, no I haven't kept it up, my last run was in September, BUT my best friend has just signed us up for a 5k Muddy Mayhem run on the 18th March, so i've got 10 weeks to get back to it!
    Next weeks goals are to focus more on my food choices and start back on the C25K programme to ease myself back into running again. Not sure how i'm going to do that though as it's currently freezing and dark in the mornings, and by the time I finish work at night, so I'm going to go and research local gyms now, and see if there's anywhere nearby, that doesn't cost the earth, where I can go and use the running machines.
    I hope everyone has a great weekend, keep up the good work. :smile:
  • brown_eyes74
    brown_eyes74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi there just rejoined a few days ago and I can use all tbe help I can get! please add me for support too! also you can add me to fitbit cstod74@aol.com
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @brown_eyes74 - welcome!

Cari - sounds like you've got the right idea to ease back into it gently. I remember you saying you were made redundant - really pleased that you got something else quickly. Good luck with the running again - nothing like being signed up for something for getting you going again!

Shy - well done for having the rare quiet day, you don't sound like you have many of them and I'm sure that the rogue extra lb will disappear this week!

Rachel - hope your games night on Friday went ok. Agree with you, January is a cruel month financially, it's the 9th and I'm already having to keep a close eye on my expenses :(

@kaavery120188 - hope the weekend was good to you and that you made some good choices. Weekends have always been my downfall although I find the busier I get with my little boy, the less I struggle with it. I think keeping active is very key for me - I eat when I'm bored.

Jen - yay for getting your car back with some heating. That's a lot of snow! We haven't seen a single flake this winter although a few people here are saying it might snow later this week - we shall see!

So, it's been a good weekend here - swimming and lots of stuff around the house on Saturday and I took Alistair to a playdate with friends yesterday afternoon. The three of them spent all afternoon rambling round the garden and he was very happy and wet and covered in mud by the time I took him home! Food wise I've done ok and I'm getting my steps in each day so feeling good at the moment. I've joined a group on here that starts next Monday so not weighing in till then - thinking that this will give me plenty of time to get over all the Christmas excess and get back into good habits. We put all the Christmas stuff back in the loft yesterday so the floor is clear again in the spare bedroom - so I can get my exercise DVD's out again this week. Have a good day all :)
  • kaavery120188
    Options
    @janetay01 Thank you! I actually did pretty well this weekend. Not perfect, but I'm happy with it since I was down 1 lb this morning! I'm hoping to start my exercise DVD's next week. I really liked The Biggest Loser Boot Camp the last time I did it, so I think I'll try that again.

I wasn't perfect this weekend, but I did pretty well so I'm happy! And happy to be down a pound this morning. I did a TON of meal prep yesterday. I go to school at night 3 nights a week (M-W) to get my masters, so I made healthy dinners for those three nights and lunches for the whole week. I was exhausted! But so worth it this morning when I could just grab my meals and go. I hope the lunches turn out good. I made chicken breast, sweet potato, zucchini and quinoa. Hopefully setting myself up for success this week.

Happy Monday all! Saw this quote this weekend and really liked it..... "You don't have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step."
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @kaavery120188 Stress eating, when I am at work, I don't normally have a lot of snack foods around so that helps. At home I try and distract myself with the kids, laundry, cleaning, walking. You will also find on here, that most people will tell you there is no bad thing to eat. It is about balance and staying within calories. So ribs, and pizza under calories means you are golden! Dinner sounds delicious.

@Rachel0778 It seems like every month is really expensive to me. LOL, but I am a mom with three kids. How did game night go?

@ShyCush6 you are doing so great. Sometimes our bodies just don't do what we want them to do. All your hard work will catch up soon enough. Did you manage to stick to 1 beer?

@CariTJR You did have a rough year. I am so proud of you for continuing on with your goal to become a healthier person. I also have a very stationary job. I make myself get up every hour and walk around. Even if it to just go look outside. Occasionally I even pace in the bathroom to get the stiffness out. Muddy 5k sounds like a blast.

@janetay01 Sounds like fun, and you are doing great. Yeah for Exercise DVD's. What group did you joining?

Well I have managed to make my steps all weekend long. I did a challenge with my family, and my lil sis was kicking my butt. I refuse to lose to her. So Saturday night I walked for 80 minutes in my living room, just so I could stay ahead of her.

Finally made it back to the gym yesterday after missing 2 weeks. There was probably twice as many people there last night as normal. Was okay though, plenty of machines and I didn't see anyone waiting for equipment. The gym has a pool area with a shower to rinse off before/after use. There was this guy making use of the shower, but he grossed me out. He had his hands in his shorts, holding his cheeks apart to get the shower water in, Then he did his front side. They have showers in the locker room for this.

I feel like I am getting my exercising back on track, but still munching too much. I will get there though. Just have to keep at it.

Happy Monday, and lets start a great new week.

My week goals:
    12500 steps everyday
    Eat under calories, minimize the snacking.
    Make the gym 4 days (1 down)
    Try to do an exercise video this week. (This will be hard as my internet sucks)

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Friday night went amazingly well! We didn't even touch the board games until 10pm we were having so much fun getting to know each other! I snacked and drank waaaay too much though. I eat when I'm nervous so it was definitely a set up for failure! My SO made a good point though that we don't have anything major coming up on the calendar and the holidays are over so I've got some time to truly get back into my good habit mindset.

I started it off with meal prepping for the week yesterday and getting up early to get my workout in this morning since we've got Derby Photos tonight. I hate that the photos were scheduled right after the holidays because I feel like an absolute whale and not at all sexy :( Part of that is PCOS too. I went back on BC to regulate my hormones, but it caused my body to freak out a bit so it's been rough.

@jdelaroy Great job getting back on track! I'm glad your gym wasn't too overrun (although that is really gross that that guy was doing that by the pool!)

@kaavery120188 Great job meal prepping for the week! I'm with you, my week always goes so much smoother when my meals are already prepared and pre-portioned

@janetay01 It sounds like you've got a great plan to get into the swing of things. I've been avoiding the scale too to see if I can mitigate the damage a bit. What are your favorite workout DVDs?

@brown_eyes74 Welcome!

@CariTJR It sounds like you've got a great plan to get back into things! You'll have to keep us posted on how getting back into running goes. I'm so glad you were able to find a job so quickly!

@ShyCush6 Drivers Ed?! Are you nervous? Glad the scale showed a drop for you!

• 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I hate to say I'm back at "again" but I am.
    Goals this week:
    Weights and stationary bike 3x
    Stay within calories for 5 days minimum, weekends eat back exercise calories for the week.
    Drink more water
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    First week back at ww-down 1.5lbs. Delighted!!
    Hadn't the best week but I logged everyday and cooked all my own meals so it's a start!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday fit and fab ladies! OMG I was sick this weekend, so things went to hell in a handbasket. I was giving myself the first week of January to kind of ease back into things - like giving time for all the holiday food and drinks to be consumed... well, being at home for 3 days straight was just like Christmas again! eating whenever I felt like it, lying around - basically getting fat(ter)!! LOL!

SO! Today was D Day... started the "health" program. (not calling it a diet, because my word is health!) I'm not yet sure exactly what that is, but first things first - just bloody well logging everything into MFP! Why does that seem like a monumental task? And why the heck am I so hungry alllll the time?! HA! I have to dig out my fitbit again and get my steps up too, will find that tonight.

Sounds like everyone is on track and had a good week/weekend!

My goals this week are:
    ~Log everything, even if I'm over
    ~Try not to go over! :)
    ~No sweets (except Friday night - we are going out to celebrate our anniversary late)
    ~Gym 3x
    ~Drink lots of water to curb the appetite
    ~Plan 3 meals this week - obviously healthy ones!

Notice I didn't put no alcohol - remember last year I had no booze January? What a nightmare that was! My hubs and I were talking about that, we definitely won't be doing that again any time soon! LOL!
  • kaavery120188
    Options
    Hi @bluepoppies777 Good luck on your goals this week! I agree, sometimes just logging seems monumental. I try and do it ahead of time as much as possible just to be done with it! I also need to dig out my fitbit. Not even sure where it is. Oops. I also tried to go a month with no booze once. It was terrible! :blush: I think I'll just stick to it in moderation.

A quote I read today that really struck home and I'm going to try and remind myself of every day: "Progress, not perfection".