Looking for Ketogenic friends

Options

Replies

• msh0612
    msh0612 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am on day 6 back on and just started logging again today. I can see that I have been going over my goals I bet. I thought I knew what I was doing but needed this reality check of actually logging everything. :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    DH_FC wrote: »
    On it and love it. My skin looks and feels amazing , probably from the copious amounts of coconut oil I've been having now.. Only thing is I do have a carb up every Sunday (I can afford this, not trying to lose much more weight but rather reduce BF % and gain lean muscle) and I feel like shite that night and the day after. Worth it though :smile:

You may want to consider timing someone of your carbs around your training and have a good progressive overload lifting program.
  • andschaef
    andschaef Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not here for weightloss but for overall health! Nice to see a community here.
  • EmocyHUN
    EmocyHUN Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anyone wants to join in a serious keto challenge by stephanie Keto person on youtube ?
  • adamboydharris
    adamboydharris Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    EmocyHUN wrote: »
    Anyone wants to join in a serious keto challenge by stephanie Keto person on youtube ?

What's the challenge?
  • lolakeziah
    lolakeziah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Restarted Keto as of Jan 1. I'd love some other ketorific friends in here feel free to add me!
  • LaurenKeto
    LaurenKeto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Started Tuesday!
  • LBL1986
    LBL1986 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm brand spankin' new to keto. Just started last week and already kind of loving it!!
  • blwhitfield22101
    blwhitfield22101 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    On day two of keto. I'm loving how flavorful everything seems to taste now that butter and mayo are not the devil anymore. Im looking for people who are on a simular path to gain new ideas and keep eachother motivated.
  • CraftyCarla
    CraftyCarla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Carla. I haven't used MyFitnessPal in a long time and just got back on today and started keto. I'm also trying to learn a lot as I go. Let's keep each other motivated
  • Ddw1740
    Ddw1740 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been on LCHF since New Year, it's going well I think, love eating this way! Always need inspiration from others.
  • elizabethjwest
    elizabethjwest Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm three days in and loving it (and down 4 pounds too). Thirty years ago I did Atkins and was the only way I really had lost weight (except for Bernstein but that's another story)! Has anyone heard you can have one cheat day on Keto?
  • rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I had two milk choc. pretzel's last night and still lost 1 lb yesterday..
  • LonestarCupcake
    LonestarCupcake Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did LCHF, logging everything in MFP in 2012-2013 and lost 120 lbs. Was dating a chef and thought I could maintain without LC (I was wrong) and that combined with damaging my knees in 2015 (had knee surgery on both knees in 2016) and stopping being active, I gained almost 100 back.

I need to start treating carbs like an addiction, realizing that I can't eat them again without going back to the bad place. The lifestyle works, but for me, it needs to be forever.

I was released from PT the week before Christmas 2016, and so restarted Keto Dec 26. In week 3 now, over the flu hump, my knees feel great, no more afternoon fog/sleepiness, and sleeping through the night much better. Now trying to slowly add in exercise.

Goals are to get off BP meds (back in 2013 I was off them, and all of my other numbers have always been good), and participate in a 5k by September (I'm going from zero stamina or speed and with bad knees so this is going to be a slow trek, literally).

My diary is open, and so am I -- happy to have more friends and support. So say hey or friend me if you're inclined!
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    mmoore9242 wrote: »
    Doing pretty good today. Under 35 carbs!

Don't count dietary insoluble fiber against your total carbs. For example if a vege has 5 carbs with 3 of those carbs made up of 3 dietary fiber, that is only 2 net carbs. Shoot for 20g net carbs and you'll be shedding weight!

I REALLY wish there was a display option for NET carbs!!
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Week 2 of keto here so if anyone wants to add me as a friend, I'll happily accept :-)
  • lalalosciale
    lalalosciale Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keto for 8 months, lost 70lbs. Maintained for 4 months. Trying to get back on the downslide and having a lot of trouble. Looking for any help I can get!!
  • DPruneda17
    DPruneda17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    On day 12, and down 7 lbs... 20 more to go! I do love the flavors, with butter and herbs and SALT! I was so afraid of butter and salt before. Nice to sauté my veggies in it! And it's been fun being creative with my foods.
  • adamboydharris
    Options
    On day two of keto. I'm loving how flavorful everything seems to taste now that butter and mayo are not the devil anymore. Im looking for people who are on a simular path to gain new ideas and keep eachother motivated.

Haha! Feels weird slapping butter on a 10 Oz steak, eating an extra few pieces of bacon, and licking the avacado-mayo spoon after scooping a tablespoon out for my tuna salad. Enjoy it!
  • adamboydharris
    Options
    I'm three days in and loving it (and down 4 pounds too). Thirty years ago I did Atkins and was the only way I really had lost weight (except for Bernstein but that's another story)! Has anyone heard you can have one cheat day on Keto?

The Keto Flu is a real thing (i.e. Headaches, sluggish, etc) so I want to avoid carbs to stay in ketosis. If anything, my cheat meal will consist of the same diet but just more calories (bigger steak, an extra two scoops of almond, or more cheese). They sell Keto pee strips to test your ketones production level. It's a good method to confirm you are still in ketosis.

Smackfat Ketone Strips - Perfect for Ketogenic Diet and Diabetics - Precise Ketone Measurement and Supports Ketone Adaptation, 100 Strips https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SODYZQK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-mtFyb21MBRVJ