Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Remind me to have an afternoon snack with lots of protein!! Came home hungry and started noshing on stuff around the house. It is fittin my macros so far. Good thing I stopped and logged it.

Go you! I wish I was that disciplined, to always log. It's my NY resolution to log every single item. I forgot one roses chocolate last night.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    Remind me to have an afternoon snack with lots of protein!! Came home hungry and started noshing on stuff around the house. It is fittin my macros so far. Good thing I stopped and logged it.

Go you! I wish I was that disciplined, to always log. It's my NY resolution to log every single item. I forgot one roses chocolate last night.

It's never too late!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Hope I am not wishful thinking, but I think my hubs got us a squat rack for the house!! I can get back to lifting again. Just got a welcome email from the company that we have been looking at getting one from.

Didn't you get some kind of rack a few years ago? Or am I mixing that up with someone else?

Nope that was me. Unfortunately a few months after I got it, our garage got water in it. This unit has electronic locks for the bar and it is attached to the machine. Water+electronics=no bueno. We tried to find another power box for the unit but they no longer make this. It was a great deal when we got it and I loved it, but now it is a 600+lb paperweight in my garage. :'(
  • crosbylee
    Options
    caddir wrote: »

I am still working on being that disciplined. It's taken me over a year to get my self used to doing it. I still have times, like the holidays, when I didn't log. I regret not doing that now. I might have helped slow or stop the gain I had. Keep doing it and it will become a habit. I am working on being more accurate now. Food scales and all.
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I drank a whole bottle of moscato with a few slices of pizza and i'm not guilty. It was totally worth it. Thinking of having a pizza and wine night now.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I drank a whole bottle of moscato with a few slices of pizza and i'm not guilty. It was totally worth it. Thinking of having a pizza and wine night now.

And that's how you keep doing this for a lifetime. Mostly on track, with a bit of indulgence.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Hope I am not wishful thinking, but I think my hubs got us a squat rack for the house!! I can get back to lifting again. Just got a welcome email from the company that we have been looking at getting one from.

Didn't you get some kind of rack a few years ago? Or am I mixing that up with someone else?

Nope that was me. Unfortunately a few months after I got it, our garage got water in it. This unit has electronic locks for the bar and it is attached to the machine. Water+electronics=no bueno. We tried to find another power box for the unit but they no longer make this. It was a great deal when we got it and I loved it, but now it is a 600+lb paperweight in my garage. :'(

Seriously?!? That sucks!
  • crosbylee
    Options

Seriously?!? That sucks!

Yeah, it does. That's why I hope he actually did that. If not, I plan to save up for one. It's a neat system that can install and fold up to the wall out of the way. Check out PRx performance if you are interested. It's a little pricey but I think all I need is their lowest priced unit. I have a bench already.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    icpaa6525g5z.jpeg
    I got new dead lift socks! Say hello to my rubber duckies haha

They are cute.
    What is special about weight lifting socks?
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Seriously?!? That sucks!

Yeah, it does. That's why I hope he actually did that. If not, I plan to save up for one. It's a neat system that can install and fold up to the wall out of the way. Check out PRx performance if you are interested. It's a little pricey but I think all I need is their lowest priced unit. I have a bench already.

I've seen those.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Also @Oberon21 I think you'll find this funny
    afbdb5jeh95q.jpg

I did!

Especially as a cat can't be vegan..

My boyfriend wants to transition the dog to vegan food.... we've been debating over it.

Don't cats and dogs need meat in their diet? What other protein source would they use?

That's my train of thought hence the debate. He wholeheartedly disagrees so we are at a stand still currently lol
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    icpaa6525g5z.jpeg
    I got new dead lift socks! Say hello to my rubber duckies haha

They are cute.
    What is special about weight lifting socks?

Dead lift socks are a bit thicker so you won't get crazy bruising and cuts on your legs. :)
    Either you wear socks or long pants, I prefer the socks.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    afbdb5jeh95q.jpg

I did!

Especially as a cat can't be vegan..

My boyfriend wants to transition the dog to vegan food.... we've been debating over it.

Don't cats and dogs need meat in their diet? What other protein source would they use?

That's my train of thought hence the debate. He wholeheartedly disagrees so we are at a stand still currently lol

Do they make any vegan alternatives for dogs that could still give them protein & not cost you an arm & a leg to buy?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I also confess that I hate Oprah's Weight Watchers commercial!

Every time she sing songy says "it workkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssss!," I want to smack her!

I'm pretty sure she had one last year that was annoying too.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Good job, Kelly!!! I hope you continue your streak!!
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    I haven't binged for three days now!

I think what has helped me is pushing my first meal back to 11:00 AM rather than eating right when I get up. I think often times I was slightly hungry, but more thirsty & that my body got used to eating that early. I've just had a protein bar & yogurt during my lunch & then ate a few meals/snacks when I get home from work.

I like that better since it lets me have more wiggle room to eat a larger dinner if I want or more snacking throughout the night if I want to graze.

Yesss! I am a grazer so I find snacks vs big meals stop me from bingeing (as much, it happens still but hey that's life!). So excited for you!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I haven't binged for three days now!

I think what has helped me is pushing my first meal back to 11:00 AM rather than eating right when I get up. I think often times I was slightly hungry, but more thirsty & that my body got used to eating that early. I've just had a protein bar & yogurt during my lunch & then ate a few meals/snacks when I get home from work.

I like that better since it lets me have more wiggle room to eat a larger dinner if I want or more snacking throughout the night if I want to graze.

Kelly this is great! It sounds like you are getting the best of everything. do you find that you also have more time to actually enjoy your food this way.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm loving that thread, Tami. I'm on page 9.. I don't feel so alone in some of my binges. It's giving me some tasty ideas though... :#

I went through it and to a few of the posts I was like, "Pff. Amateurs!" Apparently I'm pretty good at doing "fat" things. :D

Yeah me too :( I found myself saying "is that all?" at points or "Pff! I did that in 20 minutes".

On the other hand I had to remind myself that things are bigger in America, so their medium pizza is probably equivalent to our extra large

My mom says this about pizza in Oman. She says the large pizza that we get is the size of a medium pizza in the US. She complains that she's being shorted pizza. :D

I still say the dumbest thing I ever did when I first tried to lose weight was eating a whole box of Fiber One bars & then farting the whole way on the plane when I went to see my sister in Hawaii.

Ha! I remember that story!!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    afbdb5jeh95q.jpg

I want that kitty!