Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts
  • leashalbany24
    leashalbany24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat anything and that is most likely why the weight gain, but I don't like liver patte. Texture is big with me in fact I actually like liver when deep fried.
  • dietcepheus
    dietcepheus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fussy eater but I can't stomach most offal (organ meat), although I do like liver pate. I can't think of a single fruit or vegetable I dislike.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Asparagus, blue cheese, kidney, olives, lychees

Add liver and I could live solely on that list for ever. My favorites!
    But I hate milk. Just looking at a glass of milk makes me want to hurl. It's basically cow pus.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    Blue cheese
    olives (but will eat it)
    swai fish (why does it have the texture of eggs?)
    cinnamon as in candies/fireball/big red gum (but I love cinnamon in baked goods)
    cottage cheese (texture is gross but will eat it in a dessert)
    goat cheese

How can you hate blue cheese and goat cheese!! And cottage cheese?!!!

Blue cheese is horrible, I've only had goat cheese once and it tasted like aspirin. Cottage cheese is a texture thing. Oh, I also hate Swiss cheese! BUT I'm a lover of cheese just not those.
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    shellbubz wrote: »
    Walnuts suck.

I don't get the big deal about walnuts either. They are fine added to breads or oatmeal or ice cream, I guess, but on their own they are flavorless and weirdly textured.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese
    olives (but will eat it)
    swai fish (why does it have the texture of eggs?)
    cinnamon as in candies/fireball/big red gum (but I love cinnamon in baked goods)
    cottage cheese (texture is gross but will eat it in a dessert)
    goat cheese

How can you hate blue cheese and goat cheese!! And cottage cheese?!!!

Blue cheese is horrible, I've only had goat cheese once and it tasted like aspirin. Cottage cheese is a texture thing. Oh, I also hate Swiss cheese! BUT I'm a lover of cheese just not those.

Blue cheese is awful. I think its a ploy. One day instead of throwing out a food that has gone bad, a moody cheesemaker labelled it as having a "distinguished flavor."...yeah okay.
    "You don't like this because it takes distinguished taste buds.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    Brussel sprouts

I love brussel sprouts, that horseradish cabbage taste.

It could be the fact that when I was little my mom told me they were little cabbages and I felt like a giant with those and little trees (broccoli)

• fr3smyl
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    I pretty much like everything! But I really can't stand aubergine, and that's the only thing I really don't like.

lol. I eat it once a week.

I eat the roasted pulp plain with a spoon. Yum!

ETA: By plain, I mean I don't add any tahina (It's traditionally eaten as moutabel here in the middle east). I have it with salt, lemon, and a bit of garlic. :)

Yum! I will eat it however I get, but I do love it with tomatoes!
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and lobster (I know, sacrilege ...)
    Mushrooms
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    Cabbage and cabbage-like plants. UGH. UGH. My coworker heated up some Brussels Sprouts and I asked why the office smelled like a garbage dump. Because it did.

Thats what my husband says when I cook mine. I eat them often, it would be moreso if my husband didn't hatethe smell. He makes me air out the kitchen.
  • 1kiloatatime
    1kiloatatime Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fish. I won't go near my boyfriend if he's eaten it that day, I just can't stand it at all. The thought of it makes me sick. Haven't eaten it since I was 4 years old! Im almost terrified of it
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Creamed corn, the large rubbery artery in chicken tenderloins...We call them tendonloins, black licorice, the smell of pork rinds.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Asparagus, blue cheese, kidney, olives, lychees

Add liver and I could live solely on that list for ever. My favorites!
    But I hate milk. Just looking at a glass of milk makes me want to hurl. It's basically cow pus.

Cow pus? OK.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Can't eat, watch others eat, see it in the supermarket (will look away) - wet clumpy things:

Yogurt, cottage cheese, rice pudding. (Shivers!!!)
    Also anything that looks or resembles it was made with evaporated milk! I think it was youth trama - "PET" milk? From pets?! So no carnation milk, flan, caramel...

Weird, I know...
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I have a list...but will just say...hamburger meat! This (I'm pretty sure) drove me straight to becoming a veggie!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Courgettes! Cannot stand them. Especially when they're cooking - even the smell makes me want to vom!

I had never seen that word for my most hated vegetable: zucchini. I suppose it CAN be eaten, but WHY put yourself through THAT?
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes and bananas. I refuse to touch them - I have never had a liking to them, and I don't think I ever will. Both taste awful to me!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    so nice to see other people who have a rational attitude towards bananas. i seem to live in a world where people almost enjoy their own super-obtuseness on the topic. it makes me stabby.

them: but it's a banana!
    me: i'm not stupid, i know what it is. and i do not like them.
    them: i love bananas.
    me: good for you, sunshine. i don't.
    them: they're so good for you!
    me: honestly, this is non-conversation to me.
    them: you should eat them. like me. cuz i love them.
    me: suck it.
  • tb221
    tb221 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Avocados, cherries, cauliflower, and things that are too spicy.