Beautiful Behaviors - January 2017

Replies

• aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    I love puzzles. I'm happiest when I am working on the puzzle of life. I like to win, too! But, I really like the puzzle.

I can walk up and down the snack aisle at the grocery store and never pick up a thing. I will only spend my money on nutrient dense calories. But you let a candy bar get into my cupboard and I will spend my calories on it immediately.

Why does this happen? That's a rhetorical question, actually, or maybe a question with an answer so fluid that the truth changes each time I ask it.

@Squidgeypaws007, hello! I agree with Jess! You did a great job of staying on track.

Libby, I'm so proud for you!

@lulalacroix, good for you! Welcome.

What aspect of my food intake would I want to tweak? Oh sugar! The last time I gave up sugar, it threw me into a depressive episode. But this week, I was able to cut down sugar by only a little and maintain.

Have a wonderful day!

Lea
  • aleahurst
    woznube7 wrote: »
    As much as I am unhappy where I am currently, I want to make sure I will not be screwing myself over. This is where my anxiety/worry comes into play.

Get calm. Pray over it. Decide. Act on the decision you made while at peace. Once the future becomes today, you can be sure that you made the best choice you could with the information you had on that day.
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    i just had a delicious peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch, and i'm ready to take a faux shower, get dressed in clean clothes and go food shopping. it's getting colder again, yuk!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    I went for my comfort food... for lunch. (Mac & Cheese) My stomach has been in knots since I have had second thoughts/trying to get everything figured out. I ended up e-mailing back a counter offer... so I am now patiently waiting that response. Whatever happens, will be for the best. I'll continue to work and be patient!

Drinking my water now and just doing the best I can do with what I have!

Jess - drive safe!!
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    i bought frozen cooked shrimp, oranges, pineapple, spinach, bananas and yogurt, among the household stuff i needed. these should help me eat well for the next few days.

Libby, whatever you feel is right for you IS right for you. be confident and calm. <3

Lea, just having gone food shopping, i know exactly what you mean! i can avoid all the crap while i'm shopping. but after hours, the demons start whispering to go to the convenience store and buy ice cream. it's been 3 weeks without! we haven't made a convenience store run for anything since we moved here except real food (subs, etc).

happy friday the 13th! plus a full moon tonight... all the whackos will be totally whacked tonight (me included lol!) stay safe,
    jess
  • TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    jessiquoi wrote: »
    0dbhz3n0bqfx.png

This! I wish I could get this through some of my students.
  • TeachingT
    The guilt of going over calories always hits me hard. But you got this!
  • aleahurst
    Good morning, all!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Happy Saturday everyone.

Today was day 3 of my personal 30 Day Yoga Challenge. Although this is very hard for me, I'm already seeing a difference in being able to control my breathing. It's cool.

Being dealing with almost daily headaches lately. Should go to doc but so tired of being charged so much for every test even with good insurance. Thinking about trying a chiropractor or acupuncture.
  • gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    Love this group. Would love to join. Nicely positive.
  • Hello all, lurker here. I'm Cassie. I'm currently in maintenance, but my weight has been fluctuating a lot more than I'd like. I have also been struggling with anxiety, lack of motivation to work out, and a bit of depression. I could use some more positivity in my life right now. This thread seems like a great place to get it. :)
  • @woznube7...congrats and be happy with the choice you made. Do not second guess your choice. It may turn out great, better even or it could be not what you are happy with however it turns out....it will be a learning experience and a step outside your comfort zone. Embrace it.

Congrats to all the other beautiful ladies who have stayed with in their goals and other things they have been working on.

@lulalacroix congrats on day 3 of your yoga challenge. I cannot imagine a day with out yoga. I use a site on facebook called DoYouYoga and its really awesome. They do challenges and you could even with a free membership to their site with all its videos etc. Its been very helpful in my practice. I had a 30 day challenge started but only did two days because I love just doing what I want to do on my mat lol. Hopefully you will get your headaches under control. Namaste!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    @BeautifulDestruction67 Thanks. I'm loving it and am thinking of doing a second class today. I've read that it's addictive. If that's true, then it's probably one of the best addictions to have. I will definitely check out the group. Namaste!

@gatamadriz and @theamazingcassiebunny Welcome!
  • paigern82
    paigern82 Posts: 30 Member
    it has been a while, kids! Sorry about that. It was a busy week back at full kilter. :/

I gained 2 lbs this week and am trying not to be disappointed. :s I stayed within my calorie count every day (maybe a bit too low); eating healthy; and started working out this weekend. So I am trying to focus on the positive, but I can't help but be frustrated. My body is so stubborn sometimes. I am going to give it a month and if I am still dragging along, I am making an appointment with a doctor....sigh. (As a nurse practitioner, it is very hard for me to find a doc who I like and trust, but I think I have found a DO who will work with me)

welcome @mcgothinm and @TeachingT, @lulalacroix, @gatamadriz, and Cassie. You all have joined a fabulous group!

Libby - CONGRATULATIONS! I know you will be great! Sometimes, in life, you have to JUMP - make a leap of faith. Good luck!

Caught up on reading everyone's posts - missed you guys!

SMART goals this week: 1. Increase calorie intake to at east 1500 daily to as not to put my body in starvation mode.

2. Shop for a prep food for easy cooking and packing lunches this week.

3. Check in with my peeps on Beautiful Behaviors at least once per day for the support and encouragement that keeps me going!

I start teaching this week and found out this week that I have another part time teaching gig for the summer which will probably turn into a full time faculty position in the near future - on my way back!

Have a great Sunday!
    Paige
  • TeachingT
    @paigern82 Don't be disappointed, 2 pounds could simply be water weight. Thank you for the warm welcome. Hope this week goes better.
  • gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    Good morning from NYC!

Beautiful sunny day here, temps will hit 40 degrees, so I will be out doing my "rotten hills" walk. My nabe is very hilly and the streets are sometimes on a 45 degree angle. So, my heavy cardio days are, walk up 2 blocks, down three, then over one and up three.
    My fitness watch records this as stair climbing, LOL.
    Lurve my latte in the morning, but milk has too many carbs. Since I'm doing carb cycling, been looking for low carb stuff for my low carb days. Found an unsweetened almond milk that is devine in lattes! Califa brand. Really tasts like cream. So I am one happy camper. Will also use it in my protein shake today.

Paige, don't get discouraged. Your body may simply be doing a bit of reorganizing, if you started working out. If you have access, get on a body analysis scale which measures water, fat, muscle and bone weight. Technically I've only lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks, but in reality I have swapped out fat for muscle and am in to one size smaller. So don't despair. Good luck with the new DO.

To all the others, have a wonderful day. Do something fun!

• aleahurst
    ohmygoodness! We are growing in number

It was an "off" day for me. I still journaled my foods (yay). However I grazed all day. I had been sick for a few days and when I got up, I was hungry! SOOOO my future goals will include keeping easy to prepare foods that are low calorie and nutrient dense for those days when I cannot tolerate the 5-20 minutes taken to prepare most of my meals. I'm going for carrots - rinse and eat, bananas - peel and eat and compost the peel, salad greens - open and eat and recycle the plastic bowl, garbanzo beans - open can, eat from the can, recycle the can. I'm not making dirty dishes while I'm sick! Help me come up with some others! Please!

There is a cat walking on my head....

@jessiquoi are you okay, gal? I'm concerned.

@dlm4mom , eating the big salad before you go somewhere is one of my habits as well. It seems to work okay. Did you do well?

@TeachingT, yay! Being a teacher is a tough enough job. Getting a point about personal worth successfully conveyed to your students is the added extra that will make you a memorable teacher.

Bat has flown in. He seems to think he's a family member. I'll have to go carry him back outdoors where wildlife belongs.

May all who come here find peace and success!

Lea
  • Don't be disappointed in yourself. Especially if you just started working out, that happens. Try to focus on the positives that you accomplished.
  • aleahurst
    @gatamadriz, nice to have you here! Say, do you know if the unsweetened almond milk very high in calories? It sounds like a good alternative for coffee cream.

@theamazingcassiebunny, Hello Cassie! I deal with similar issues. I push myself to be gentle and positive on this thread because since gentle and positive is what I know I need, I'm figuring that it is what others may need as well. We all need to believe in ourselves until we include others in the same manner that we include ourselves.

@BeautifulDestruction67, Namaste! I love that word because it reminds me of a very beautiful hearted lady who would say "Namaste. The spirit of God in me recognizes and honors the spirit of God in you." How beautiful it is to acknowledge the person's heart and not just their name.

Hi Paige! Yes, weight goes up and down when we least expect it. My waistline expanded after three days of illness no appetite. I cannot explain that, but it happened. Stay calm and stick to your plan!

Lea - stay calm and stick to your plan!

My goals for the coming day:
    1. Refill the bat's water on the back step. He's obviously thirsty.
    2. Start the day with a 5 minute deep breathing exercise and visualizing myself at a huge banquet where everyone eats what they want in reasonable quantities.
    3. Find a time to check on a neighbor.
    4. Stay within 500 calories of my diet
    5. Walk 4 blocks or the equivalent.

Peace and joy to all. Have a wonderful evening.

Lea