Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread!

name- Stephanie
    time in maint- roughly 30 years, give or take, excluding pregnancy
    GR: 115-120

My goal was to thoroughly enjoy the heck out of the holidays while maintaining. Looks like I achieved at least one goal! I think I put on a pound or two. I haven't been weighing daily so it might take a couple days to see through the water fluctuations and get an average CW.

Last week my scale weight dropped 3.5lb in 3 days, appreciably greater fluctuation than normal for me. 7-day average was 115.4 but low weight was 114.0. I'm still not sure what starting weight to ascribe (to calculate TDEE ongoing). I tend to put more stock on 10-day low weight, since dehydration isn't a normal risk for me. Lots of factors can contribute to water retention and inflate the scale number, but there isn't anything analogous that artificially depresses the scale number. How do you all establish an accurate starting weight for the year?
    @ahoy_m8 - I didn't worry about it being accurate. I stepped on the scale as soon as I got up (and after I went to the bathroom) on the 4th, and that was my starting weight. Since it was a Wednesday, the next Wednesday I got up, went to the bathroom and took another weight reading. So long as the scale is doing what I want it to do (moving in the right direction OR staying about where I want it to) I don't worry about the actual number too terribly much. That's why I have such a wide maintenance range. :) I figure if my clothes fit, I'm doing fine.

Thanks for the reply. Very logical. I'm kind of a data geek and track my TDEE. Body weight is the least accurate part of that equation.
  • marshal616
    marshal616 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Weight 11/12/17 = 194#

No issues this week. 'Batching it while the boss lady is out of town. Plan on doing an In Body scan next week to check on my progress. Can't wait!
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Week of...
    30th December (for ref): 144lbs
    6th January: 143.2lbs
    13th January: 140.0lbs
    20th January:
    27th January:

Success/struggles of the week: Really pleased that the water weight from the hols seems to have finally dropped (TOM explains why it was so disappointingly slow last week). Back within my maintenance range now, so confident that I'll be able to make the lower end of it in the next few weeks. Getting back into the normal workout routine this week was harder than I thought it would be though - it doesn't take long to get 'un-used' (if that's a word!) to it, does it?! ☺
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Week 2 update: 119lb

So far I've lost about 23 pounds. I've been in maintenance since just before Christmas. My range is 118-122. I stopped trying to lose at 120, but lost another pound this week. I'm still working on finding the right number of calories to properly maintain. I think I'll increase another hundred and see if that helps.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Maintenance Check-in.
    January 6: 136
    January 14: 134

I am actually trying to lose as I had gained a good 4 lbs since reaching my goal. I would like to be 128-132, but have found it difficult to maintain there. I struggled when I started adding back, so I'm hoping I can do better this time.
    Successes: changed my breakfast two days due to rushing out the door and actually felt more satisfied all day. Working my calories up from a large deficit slowly and still losing. Gave in and got the rest I needed after two nights of working until midnight.
    Struggle: didn't get as many steps in as I would have liked. Need to drink more water..

• Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Maintenance Check in:

2nd January: 130.8
    9th January: 130.6
    16th January: 129.8
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/Struggle: Successfully navigated a brunch on Saturday. Back to regular gym schedule. Struggling with busy upcoming week and gym.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Name: Tina
    Total Weight lost: 60ish
    Time it took to lose: ~8 months
    How long in maintenance: ~1 year
    Maintenance weight range: 108-114 lbs

Week of...
    2nd January: 109.14 average
    9th January: 108.6 average
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week: I'm not struggling with food and exercise, but I do need to work on being more productive during the day so that I can get to sleep on time.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Name: Lori
    Total Weight lost: 148
    Time it took to lose: 2 1/2 years
    How long in maintenance: 9/20/16 first day of weight within maint range
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155

1/1/17 154.6#
    1/9/17 155#
    1/15/17 153# (A little Whoosh! so I'm reporting today, LOL!) Next week will be a disaster because I will be travelling & attending an event in an arena, so I expect huge water fluctuation and won't be able to weigh in until Tuesday.
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    Name: Tina
    Total Weight lost: 60ish
    Time it took to lose: ~8 months
    How long in maintenance: ~1 year
    Maintenance weight range: 108-114 lbs

Week of...
    2nd January: 109.14 average
    9th January: 108.6 average
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week: I'm not struggling with food and exercise, but I do need to work on being more productive during the day so that I can get to sleep on time.

This was actually my only New Year's resolution this year - to get more sleep! I figured that it could go without saying that I would keep on top of everything else, like the exercise, healthy eating, weight maintenance (nothing like a bit of positive thinking, eh?!) - but I definitely need to get to bed earlier!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Name: Shelley

Starting weight: 296.5 pounds
    Total weight lost: 147 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 999 days
    How long in maintenance: 35 days
    Maintenance range: 149-154

1/2/17 150.6
    1/9/17 151
    1/16/17 151.9

Yup, it trended up! However, I know it's temporary. Thursday I had my kids' over for soup night. Sodium PACKED plus a crazy number of carbs = water retention. Saturday morning I stepped on the scale and it was 154.1 pounds! Sure don't like seeing the number climb north, lol. Anyway, the number is going down and hope to have it back to 150 by next Monday. The late night snacking I struggled with the previous week is under control. I ensured I had sufficient calories left for a healthy bedtime snack.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathryn
    SW:195
    CW:128
    GW: was 135
    Total Weight lost: 67 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 10 months to original goal + lost for about 5 months after reaching that goal.
    How long in maintenance: 5 months ?
    Maintenance weight range: 126 - 130

Week of...
    2nd January: 128.4
    9th January: 127.6
    16th January: 128.8
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/Struggle for the week: I was sick over the weekend so I didn't have much CI or CO. I didn't let it get to me and knew I would be able to get back at it when I felt better. It actually worked ok since the weather was terrible all weekend and I wouldn't have been able to get out anyway. I did get some yoga on Sunday and then I am back to it today and feeling much better. My weight is up today even though it was way down on Sunday morning. I am still in my range though and not letting the little ups and downs bother me.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hope it's not too late to join this group!

Name: Kim
    Total Weight lost: 16lbs
    Time it took to lose: all of last year
    How long in maintenance: 3 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 123-125 (although would like to be 120-122)

Week of...
    2nd January: 124.7
    9th January: 124
    16th January: 126.4
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week: Mindless overeating way too much this weekend! On sunday I weighed in at 123.4 and jumped to 126.4 in one day! I'm predicting i'll be back to 123.5-124 by thursday hopefully!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Name:Fidan
    Total Weight lost: 48kg
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 8 months
    Maintenance weight range: 73.3kg and below

Week of...
    2nd January: 72.3kg
    9th January: 72.3kg
    16th January: 72.4kg
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week:
    I'm not 100% proud of this result. Yh it's good but it feels like a fluke. I was literally stuffing myself with chocolate at night times all through the week. I need to focus more on being active. I can't be bothered these days.