I can only eat bread and juice

Options

Replies

• AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I thought that sounded like a baby! Congrats!
  • SunkissedBrownSugga
    Options
    Hey guys, I thought I had food poisoning but now it looks like a parasite. I'm throwing up several times a day and the o lay thing I seem to be able to keep down is plain bread and juice. I haven't gained weight or lost it (yet) but this has been since dec 24th that I've been off plan. Does anyone know any easy to digest foods? Thank you!!!

I was constantly vomiting everything I ate and really worried I wouldn't make it. I went from 330 to 180 in 3 months. Turned out I had both Chron's and IBS. Bad combination. Most people only have one or the other and not both. Please go get checked because it could be something serious. I had to have most of my intestine removed as a result. I am one cut away from needing a bag. Don't let that be you. Get checked out and well wishes for recovery.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I thought I had food poisoning but now it looks like a parasite. I'm throwing up several times a day and the o lay thing I seem to be able to keep down is plain bread and juice. I haven't gained weight or lost it (yet) but this has been since dec 24th that I've been off plan. Does anyone know any easy to digest foods? Thank you!!!

I was constantly vomiting everything I ate and really worried I wouldn't make it. I went from 330 to 180 in 3 months. Turned out I had both Chron's and IBS. Bad combination. Most people only have one or the other and not both. Please go get checked because it could be something serious. I had to have most of my intestine removed as a result. I am one cut away from needing a bag. Don't let that be you. Get checked out and well wishes for recovery.

1. Read the whole thing
    2. Many many people with crohn's have ibs as well. IBS isn't dangerous and doesn't damage your system. crohn's on the the other hand is nasty.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    No, diagnosed by naturpath

They are clueless. Go to a real doctor.

They are not clueless. But just like any practitioner, there are good ones and bad ones. I've had good medical doctors and horrible medical doctors. I've had good ND's and not so good ND's. Six medical doctors didn't have a clue what was wrong with my child for seven years. One good ND had him tested and diagnosed in days and on the road to recovery shortly after that. So they are not clueless but a lot of doctors are....

OP parasites can be easily tested for using a stool test. The biggest problem I found was doctors would only test for a specific parasite (must give them the name of what you want tested) vs testing for a wide range of them on the assumption the person doesn't know what they could have (duh. If they knew they wouldn't need testing!).

I would suggest a broad range of testing that can be easily done to start ruling things out. Basics like a CBC, CMP, A1C, and basic female hormone panel. An ANA test wouldn't hurt at this point. These are all done via a couple of vials of blood that you can tell your doctor to run. One, any, or all of them can either help point in a direction to be further looked at or eliminate some possibilities all together.

If those all come back normal (by this point most doctors think you're crazy), find a GOOD naturopath to run a stool test by Genova diagnostics. That stool test will cover A LOT of ground. Parasites, amino acid deficiencies, some digestive issues, bad gut bacteria overruns, levels of digestive enzymes, etc.

These are all easy tests to get run but can give you good insight into what's going on with your body. I have other thoughts but it's always best to start with the basics and go from there. Your medical doctor will know what those blood tests are. They are all standard ones.

Hope you get to feeling better and start getting some answers.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

They are not clueless. But just like any practitioner, there are good ones and bad ones. I've had good medical doctors and horrible medical doctors. I've had good ND's and not so good ND's. Six medical doctors didn't have a clue what was wrong with my child for seven years. One good ND had him tested and diagnosed in days and on the road to recovery shortly after that. So they are not clueless but a lot of doctors are....

OP parasites can be easily tested for using a stool test. The biggest problem I found was doctors would only test for a specific parasite (must give them the name of what you want tested) vs testing for a wide range of them on the assumption the person doesn't know what they could have (duh. If they knew they wouldn't need testing!).

I would suggest a broad range of testing that can be easily done to start ruling things out. Basics like a CBC, CMP, A1C, and basic female hormone panel. An ANA test wouldn't hurt at this point. These are all done via a couple of vials of blood that you can tell your doctor to run. One, any, or all of them can either help point in a direction to be further looked at or eliminate some possibilities all together.

If those all come back normal (by this point most doctors think you're crazy), find a GOOD naturopath to run a stool test by Genova diagnostics. That stool test will cover A LOT of ground. Parasites, amino acid deficiencies, some digestive issues, bad gut bacteria overruns, levels of digestive enzymes, etc.

These are all easy tests to get run but can give you good insight into what's going on with your body. I have other thoughts but it's always best to start with the basics and go from there. Your medical doctor will know what those blood tests are. They are all standard ones.

I see you didn't read the whole thread ;)

Yep ... another one who didn't read the thread. :D

On longer threads, it really helps to read at least the first page and last page before responding. The first one to get a sense of how it all began ... the last one to get an idea of where it has ended up.

I always take the time to read the whole thread before I reply to see if what I was going to say/suggest has already been covered. Many times I find that it has been - a dozen times or more. ;)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

I see you didn't read the whole thread ;)

Yep ... another one who didn't read the thread. :D

On longer threads, it really helps to read at least the first page and last page before responding. The first one to get a sense of how it all began ... the last one to get an idea of where it has ended up.

I always take the time to read the whole thread before I reply to see if what I was going to say/suggest has already been covered. Many times I find that it has been - a dozen times or more. ;)

I usually try to skim it, but I will at least read the first and last. Sometimes you read the first page and think of a great long, detailed answer you'd like to give ... then you get to the last page and discover the whole thread had derailed and headed off in a different direction, or people are posting cat gifs or something, and your lovely answer is really not applicable anymore. :grin:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Positive pregnancy test. Thank you all so much. Now I've got to make " the decision." Concerned that no trained professionals would ink of that but whatever. Thank you everybody

Glad you took the pregnancy test and know.
    I was very ill at the beginning of my pregnancy and did not know I was pregnant. I had strep throat diagnosed and I definitely had that. That went away but was still nauseated and vomitting for some time. Took I couple of pregnancy tests and sure enough I was pregnant.
    Get checked out by a doctor ASAP and good luck whatever you decide.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Positive pregnancy test. Thank you all so much. Now I've got to make " the decision." Concerned that no trained professionals would ink of that but whatever. Thank you everybody

No one ran a pregnancy test!? Jeez, that's a *kitten* hospital. When I worked at our local hospital (clerk) every woman's urine was run for pregnancy barring those who had hysterectomies. I had lab call down once asking why we weren't running a pregnancy test on this woman, and it's like "she's an 89 year old nun......" literally, we have a convent nearby.
    If you decide you don't want to keep it, and I am not judging you either way!!! it's YOUR choice, but keep in mind there are many loving parents who want to adopt babies and will help defray any medical costs.
    Best of luck either way!!
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the antibiotics that were initially prescribed could have interfered with her contraceptive pill and caused the, ahem, parasite?
  • Eleniala
    Eleniala Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Relser wrote: »

No one ran a pregnancy test!? Jeez, that's a *kitten* hospital. When I worked at our local hospital (clerk) every woman's urine was run for pregnancy barring those who had hysterectomies.

So true. When my daughter was 11 (and not sexually active) she was hospitalized for two weeks. Not only did they do a pregnancy test when she was first admitted...they tested her EVERY DAY for the full two weeks she was there. My husband threw a fit when he saw that on the bill. He asked them which of their doctors or staff rapes their patients, or how else would she get pregnant while hospitalized? Their explanation was that she could have become pregnant before she was admitted but her hormone levels would not have been high enough yet to show up in tests. Point is, most hospitals DO take necessary precautions.

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    ^^wow. That would make me really mad, too. My experience with relatives in the US is if you have insurance, the hospital is going to run whatever tests they want, even ones that put the patient at risk, with or without consent so long as they think someone will pay for it. I'm surprised insurance would pay for your daughter's daily tests, though. That's a shocker.

All the best to you, OP, whichever way to decide to go.
  • siraphine
    siraphine Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You've been unable to eat and vomiting for almost a month and you still haven't gone to an actual doctor? Do you have a death wish?
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @ronjsteele1 are any of those tests you listed pregnancy tests? Because that's pretty much one of the most basic tests that should have been ordered..... and if they didn't then they are most definitely clueless....
This discussion has been closed.