LEAN BY LABOR DAY - NEW CHALLENGE - *size limited* (starts w

Options

Replies

• meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Weigh in this morning has me at 171.4 pounds. It's actually a .7 gain for me, but I started 30 Day Shred 3 days ago so expected a little gain because of water retention and all that.

As far as intro... My name is Melissa, I'm 31 years old, 5'5" tall, and a Mom to 2 wonderful boys and a stay-at-home Mom. In the past 10 years, I have gone from 135 up to 200 pounds, down to 154 pounds, up to 180 pounds, and then down to 145 pounds before ending up where I started at in May, at 184 pounds. I have endometriosis and chronic fatigue syndrome, which caused this last gain because a) I was 6-months post baby #2 when I had major surgery to remove an orange-sized endometrioma and then spent 6 months on depo lupron to try to kill the remaining cells they weren't able to remove in the surgery. That turned out to be unsuccessful, and once a year for the past 3 years, I have had to take a round of depo lupron. I wouldn't lose the weight gained from the last round before the next round started, so it kept crawling up. Then I had another surgery about a year and a half ago to remove another growth they thought was an endometrioma (but turned out to be scar tissue) and another round of lupron. I have been determined stage 0 now, which is awesome! My life has been slowly returning back to normal with that, and I decided it was time to work on this lupron weight.

In the past, I have been a runner (that's how I got down to 145 pounds) and it is one of my favorite activities. I just started JM's 30 Day Shred to try to tone up all of my problem areas so that when the fat does come off, I don't look skinny-fat. lol.

So that's my life story. :)
  • littlemount
    littlemount Posts: 223
    Options
    I would love to join your group . I am mom to 2 teenager daughters love to read health and fitness books.Always trying to find cure /preventing many illness.So are there 28 points per day.Will post everyday.

Starting weight 7/18-187.4 lbs
  • HokieDor
    HokieDor Posts: 6
    Options
    I would love to join your group as well! I hope I'm not too late. I am going to a big family reunion over Labor Day weekend, and I want to look as fit as I was during my wedding 2 years ago.

I am 26 and my SW today is 138 (I have lost 2 pounds since starting to watch what I eat and exercise). I am a teacher, and I am dedicating this summer to a new, leaner me! I was always the "skinny girl" growing up, and I could eat whatever I wanted. Even in college, I didn't gain the usual "freshman 15." It was only after I graduated that I put on the pounds. Now I want to get back down to 125, which is a very healthy weight for me.
  • rpearce519
    rpearce519 Posts: 72
    Options
    Count me in Please:) funny thing is I just decided yesterday to really make a change and become more healthy!

My name is Robin, I'm 36 and live in Michigan about 30 minutes from Detroit. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 14 years and we have 2 kids, my son is almost 13 and my daughter 10. I weigh in at 131 as of yesterday, but when I first started on this web-site a few months ago I was 135....just wasn't exercising regularly and I need to change that now! my goal is really to just lose 5-10 pounds and really tone up!
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If there's still room, I would love to join. I really need some motivation.
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I am new to MFP and am looking for some additional motivation!
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Can I join..is there still room?
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Here's the updated list - 2 spots remain as of this post....

Lean by Labor Day Challenge Group so far:

1. AmyByExample (Amy)
    2. km323
    3. Topsking2010 (Top)
    4. jenrod1118
    5. Pam3
    6. indigoangel86
    7. Simply_Christine
    8. k191073
    9. melissa_w
    10. becca0211 (Rebecca)
    11. asheleymarieC89 (Ashley)
    12. sheBB
    13. dawnrgrayson
    14. cklbrown
    15. a_fresh_start
    16. RubyRed1999
    17. Kell888 (Kelly)
    18. littlemount
    19. HokieDor
    20. rpearce519 (Robin)
    21. 1girl4boys
    22. brittanywineland
    23. grover0ca
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Count me in Please:) funny thing is I just decided yesterday to really make a change and become more healthy!

My name is Robin, I'm 36 and live in Michigan about 30 minutes from Detroit. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 14 years and we have 2 kids, my son is almost 13 and my daughter 10. I weigh in at 131 as of yesterday, but when I first started on this web-site a few months ago I was 135....just wasn't exercising regularly and I need to change that now! my goal is really to just lose 5-10 pounds and really tone up!

Hi Robin! I live in Michigan, too. About 2.5 hours west of Detroit in Kalamazoo! :)
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too!!
  • rpearce519
    Options
    yaaaah, another michigander:)!!!!
  • rpearce519
    Options

Hi Robin! I live in Michigan, too. About 2.5 hours west of Detroit in Kalamazoo! :)
  • km323
    km323 Posts: 124
    Options
    Hi everyone! I guess I was the first one to sign up for this challenge. My name is Katy and I'm 23 and from Massachusetts. I am a full time grad student and I work a couple of different part time jobs. My exercise of choice lately has been running, mostly since it's free. I rarely have a problem keeping up with an exercise regime, but I do struggle with making healthy food choices to the point where my eating often negates the exercise that I do. My highest weight on MFP was 215, and my current weight is 208.6.
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If there's room for more, I would really love to join! I just joined MFP earlier this month and I could use the support!

Thanks!:smile:
  • lannr02
    lannr02 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello,

I would like to join your challenge lean by labor. It will help me stay on track and lose some weight. Its hard doing it by myself and staying motivated, I just joined this website and this will be a great way to start.

Thanks,

Laura
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I didn't have time to do an intro last night when I saw this.

My name is Rebecca, I'm 34 years old and live in Southern NJ. I'm a single mom, working full time and trying to be healthy. I've struggled with my weight for the last 10 years and hope that this is the last time I do this :smile: I love working out, but once I get out of the routine it is very hard for me to get back on track. This has been a great tool for me to be accountable for my choices. Looking forward to the challenge, suport and motiviation!
  • AmyByExample
    Options
    Lean by Labor Day Challenge Group is FULL (25 members, plus 1 for good luck giving us 26 ready to get fit & fab!!!)

1. AmyByExample (Amy)
    2. km323
    3. Topsking2010 (Top)
    4. jenrod1118
    5. Pam3
    6. indigoangel86
    7. Simply_Christine
    8. k191073
    9. melissa_w
    10. becca0211 (Rebecca)
    11. asheleymarieC89 (Ashley)
    12. sheBB
    13. dawnrgrayson
    14. cklbrown
    15. a_fresh_start
    16. RubyRed1999
    17. Kell888 (Kelly)
    18. littlemount
    19. HokieDor
    20. rpearce519 (Robin)
    21. 1girl4boys
    22. brittanywineland
    23. grover0ca
    24. babydbones
    25. PhiliciousCurves
    26. lannr02 (Laura)
  • HokieDor
    HokieDor Posts: 6
    Options
    I am very excited about this group! Thanks, Amy, for starting it! My real name is Dory, just so we can be on a first-name basis.

Right after signing up for this, I made a chart on Numbers (I'm a MAC girl) to record my hours slept, cups of water, cardio time, food log check, and weight each day. I printed this out, and I want to hang it up in the living room, so it is there for all to see. I feel like this will help me make my goal a reality.

After doing that, I pulled out my Zumba Fitness for the Wii and did a workout for today.
  • AmyByExample
    Options
    I am very excited about this group! Thanks, Amy, for starting it! My real name is Dory, just so we can be on a first-name basis.

Right after signing up for this, I made a chart on Numbers (I'm a MAC girl) to record my hours slept, cups of water, cardio time, food log check, and weight each day. I printed this out, and I want to hang it up in the living room, so it is there for all to see. I feel like this will help me make my goal a reality.

After doing that, I pulled out my Zumba Fitness for the Wii and did a workout for today.

Great work Dory!! You are setting a platform for success! :)
  • gettingbacktome37
    Options
    Hi Amy,
    I had to write because after reading your profile I couldn't believe how much we had in common.I am 37 years old, and I have three kids ages 3, 7 and 9.However, I am a single parent. I injured my low back and neck during a work-related injury,and over the past 4 years since I've been out on comp., I have gained 70 lbs. I believe a majority of the weight gain came from stress,depression,and denial. I currently weigh approx. 263 and I want so badly to return to 180,my weight before the injury.My downfall is I'm a stress eater and my life lately has been filled with stress.I would love to join your fitness challenge,but I am afraid I don't have it in me.I need boat loads of encouragement,boat loads of cheerleading. I would love to have a partner in this journey.