Sisterhood HCP Week 2

Options

Replies

• thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    OK question for EVERYONE! How did you pick your goal weight? I have been heavy for a long time, about 10 years. I have times when I am lighter but never super skinny or anything. I hade lost 60lbs before getting prego and at that point I was at 190. The goal I set was to be 175. I think I was in 9th grade the last time I weighed that. For my body structure, broad shoulders and what not I think that is a healthy weight. Well when I put it in to see what my BMI would be it still says overweight. That was depressing. I think that would be great. So then I looked to see what I would have to weigh to be at a healthy weight and it says 150. I think that would be to skinny. So I am just wandering what your thoughts are. I have mini goals. Like my first mini goal is to be below 200, I only have 7lbs to get there.
  • FoxyLoxy
    FoxyLoxy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    OK question for EVERYONE! How did you pick your goal weight? I have been heavy for a long time, about 10 years. I have times when I am lighter but never super skinny or anything. I hade lost 60lbs before getting prego and at that point I was at 190. The goal I set was to be 175. I think I was in 9th grade the last time I weighed that. For my body structure, broad shoulders and what not I think that is a healthy weight. Well when I put it in to see what my BMI would be it still says overweight. That was depressing. I think that would be great. So then I looked to see what I would have to weigh to be at a healthy weight and it says 150. I think that would be to skinny. So I am just wandering what your thoughts are. I have mini goals. Like my first mini goal is to be below 200, I only have 7lbs to get there.

I just picked a weight that I could live with (145). Its not the one I would really, really like (130) but I see it as do-able. Now if I make it to that weight, will I keep going? Of course! But any more than that right now just seems a little overwhelming.
  • tidwelljw
    tidwelljw Posts: 146
    Options
    Okay, so I was really afraid to step on the scale today since I'm expecting a visit from "Aunt Flo" ANYTIME NOW! I feel so bloated and disgusting, I was sure I had gained a lot! BUT...

officially I've only gained one pound and I haven't gained anything in inches except for half an inch on my boobs and I'll take that!laugh I really thought with how bloated I feel I would have gone up a couple of inches in my belly but I haven't. Now I'm extra excited for next week's results! Whodda thought I'd be happy to gain/stay the same?

Poor Mister Sister... He must really feel out of the loop right now. smile I am a little nervous about my upcoming visit from that unwanted "Aunt", but even more than that I'm nervous about my husband coming home from training. He's been gone for a couple of weeks, and has a couple more to go. I'm so scared that when he gets back my old habits will resurface!!! HE doesn't need to worry about losing any weight, so having him home can make meals a little more difficult. I miss HIM, though!!!

You gals just keep right on. None of that stuff bothers me. I grew up with a sister that thought it was funny to try and embarrass me with that stuff, plus at work there are only 3 guys and 13 girls.....I'm so used to be out numbered and hearing conversations like that. Honestly I don't know what would happen if I wasn't hearing things like that! Congrats on the successes this week!
  • tidwelljw
    tidwelljw Posts: 146
    Options
    Okay, so I was really afraid to step on the scale today since I'm expecting a visit from "Aunt Flo" ANYTIME NOW! I feel so bloated and disgusting, I was sure I had gained a lot! BUT...

officially I've only gained one pound and I haven't gained anything in inches except for half an inch on my boobs and I'll take that!laugh I really thought with how bloated I feel I would have gone up a couple of inches in my belly but I haven't. Now I'm extra excited for next week's results! Whodda thought I'd be happy to gain/stay the same?
    Poor Mister Sister... He must really feel out of the loop right now. smile I am a little nervous about my upcoming visit from that unwanted "Aunt", but even more than that I'm nervous about my husband coming home from training. He's been gone for a couple of weeks, and has a couple more to go. I'm so scared that when he gets back my old habits will resurface!!! HE doesn't need to worry about losing any weight, so having him home can make meals a little more difficult. I miss HIM, though!!!

You gals just keep right on. None of that stuff bothers me. I grew up with a sister that thought it was funny to try and embarrass me with that stuff, plus at work there are only 3 guys and 13 girls.....I'm so used to be out numbered and hearing conversations like that. Honestly I don't know what would happen if I wasn't hearing things like that! Congrats on the successes this week!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Oh I'm so proud of everybody on our first week!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

MrsCallas -- good job on going a little longer, it doesn't seem like much, but it will add up. It feels great to double that work-out time doesn't it? I about crapped my pants the first time I did. I was walking on clouds the rest of the day.:happy:

Pepamint -- that's great you got your momma on here too! I conned my sister into it too, even though she lives far away.:wink:

Rosabella -- a "same" is better than a "gain":wink: It's great that you're feeling the effects of eating healthy, keep it up!

iwant2stayhealthy -- thanks for sharing your story, it's great to have you here!!:bigsmile:

Thompsons -- I'm with you on not wanting to spend a bunch of $$ for new dvds and such. Livi_Loves_Pink says she finds new ones at the Library and rotates them for new challenges. I DVR mine off the Angel2 network, it's called Faith and Fitness. They aren't very long so either I'll do the work out twice or add in some extra moves. There's a new one every Monday and it will run all week. There's everything from super cardio to yoga depending on the week. There's always ebay they have cheap videos etc. You could also check Pawn shops and/or thrift shops for older ones, but hey they are cheap!!

tidwelljw -- thanks for being a devoted Mister and stickin with us...:laugh:
  • dsangel
    dsangel Posts: 27
    Options
    Ok, I guess this is where I post my stuff. My starting weight was 205, well actually it was 240 3 1/2 months ago when I had my baby. But I'm starting with the 205 number because the other weight just came off naturally. It's not time to weigh myself yet, thats on Friday I think, it maybe tomorrow, I'll have to check.

I do at least 20 minutes a day on the gazelle edge and watch my calories. I can't limit them too much because I'm breastfeeding so that makes it REALLY hard. But I can feel my body getting tighter so I guess thats a start!

I'm so glad to be here and YAY to everyone for doing so well!!
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    Oh I'm so proud of everybody on our first week!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

MrsCallas -- good job on going a little longer, it doesn't seem like much, but it will add up. It feels great to double that work-out time doesn't it? I about crapped my pants the first time I did. I was walking on clouds the rest of the day.:happy:

Pepamint -- that's great you got your momma on here too! I conned my sister into it too, even though she lives far away.:wink:

Rosabella -- a "same" is better than a "gain":wink: It's great that you're feeling the effects of eating healthy, keep it up!

iwant2stayhealthy -- thanks for sharing your story, it's great to have you here!!:bigsmile:

Thompsons -- I'm with you on not wanting to spend a bunch of $$ for new dvds and such. Livi_Loves_Pink says she finds new ones at the Library and rotates them for new challenges. I DVR mine off the Angel2 network, it's called Faith and Fitness. They aren't very long so either I'll do the work out twice or add in some extra moves. There's a new one every Monday and it will run all week. There's everything from super cardio to yoga depending on the week. There's always ebay they have cheap videos etc. You could also check Pawn shops and/or thrift shops for older ones, but hey they are cheap!!

tidwelljw -- thanks for being a devoted Mister and stickin with us...:laugh:

Yeah I was looking at the p90x and the turbo jam and they are like $60. I know they some with a bunch of workouts but I want to try them before I buy them for that much money. My husband is Army and we are stationed in Germany and our library on post does not have any exercise dvd's or even vhs tapes:( I also am stuck with AFN which is only like 13 channels and they all play old tv seriers like last year or last season. I so miss the states and dvr and Walmart where I can get a dvd for like $15. I ordered a couple new dvd's but I am still waiting for them to ship.
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    Ok, I guess this is where I post my stuff. My starting weight was 205, well actually it was 240 3 1/2 months ago when I had my baby. But I'm starting with the 205 number because the other weight just came off naturally. It's not time to weigh myself yet, thats on Friday I think, it maybe tomorrow, I'll have to check.

I do at least 20 minutes a day on the gazelle edge and watch my calories. I can't limit them too much because I'm breastfeeding so that makes it REALLY hard. But I can feel my body getting tighter so I guess thats a start!

Welcome! I had to stop breastfeeding but I would talk with your doctor and lactation consultant or LLL. I got a lot of mixed views on limiting calories and adding calories. I was initially adding 500 calories cause that is what the LLL consultant told me to do. Well I was gaining weight. Then I went to my ob and she said only to add about 300 calories. Well I finnaly went to my regular doctor and he told me that I should not add any. He said that my baby would get all the nutrition and calories that she needed. If I ate my regular 1800 calories she would take what she needed and that would help me to lose weight. I had also heard mixed things about working out while breastfeeding and although everyones body is different, I think you should be fine. I know some women it affects there supply. Well good luck!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options

Thanks for posting your info! I just stopped breastfeeding a couple months ago. I wasn't able to keep up with her needs, so I started supplimenting and then wasn't producing enough to even bother with. :ohwell: Oh well. My doc said not to change anything, just eat healthy and cut out any junk food. My baby weight came off good the first few months and she was getting all she needed. Then later down the road, I kept eating the same (with out her nursing) and became too much of a couch potatoe. Thus the reason why I'm here. I'd do some research if you can't get a hold of your doc. From what I remember any extra calories they tell you to add on, it's assumed to a balanced diet. So like thompsons said 1800 or so. Do some checking for sure, if it were me, I'd take in whatever calories needed to keep up with baby and just try to stay active. Make it a point to get in lots of exercise too. Besides, it will make you feel better, inside and out:happy:
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    thompsons -- $60 wow that's expensive, for me anyway. I've heard a bunch of ladies on here talk about the 30 day shred by Jillian Micheals, they all say it's a butt-kicker and really awesome. I've thought about getting it, saw it on ebay anywhere from $5-$20. A bunch of them were free shipping too (if that would apply to Germany? maybe have someone in states be the middle man for you?) Hope that helps a little?:ohwell:
  • dsangel
    dsangel Posts: 27
    Options

Welcome! I had to stop breastfeeding but I would talk with your doctor and lactation consultant or LLL. I got a lot of mixed views on limiting calories and adding calories. I was initially adding 500 calories cause that is what the LLL consultant told me to do. Well I was gaining weight. Then I went to my ob and she said only to add about 300 calories. Well I finnaly went to my regular doctor and he told me that I should not add any. He said that my baby would get all the nutrition and calories that she needed. If I ate my regular 1800 calories she would take what she needed and that would help me to lose weight. I had also heard mixed things about working out while breastfeeding and although everyones body is different, I think you should be fine. I know some women it affects there supply. Well good luck!

Thompsons and PunkinHead - I'm trying to do it on 1200-1400 calories, guess thats not enough huh? I'll bump it up to 1800 and see that happens. I did wait until my son started eating cereal before starting to try and lose weight. I seem to still be producing milk fine though. I hope that doesn't change, I breastfed my first son for 18 months and would like to do this one the same amount of time.

Thanks for the info!!
  • thompsons81702
    Options

Thompsons and PunkinHead - I'm trying to do it on 1200-1400 calories, guess thats not enough huh? I'll bump it up to 1800 and see that happens. I did wait until my son started eating cereal before starting to try and lose weight. I seem to still be producing milk fine though. I hope that doesn't change, I breastfed my first son for 18 months and would like to do this one the same amount of time.

Thanks for the info!!
    I would check with your doctor. I am sure the baby is fine. It is just finding the right amount of calories for you and especially for you to lose weight. How did losing weight with your first go while BF?
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    thompsons -- $60 wow that's expensive, for me anyway. I've heard a bunch of ladies on here talk about the 30 day shred by Jillian Micheals, they all say it's a butt-kicker and really awesome. I've thought about getting it, saw it on ebay anywhere from $5-$20. A bunch of them were free shipping too (if that would apply to Germany? maybe have someone in states be the middle man for you?) Hope that helps a little?:ohwell:
    Yeah that is what I thought also! I couldn't see spending that much on a video I had not seen before or tried out. I know a lot of people like them but I am a try it out first kinda girl. I found the 30 day shred on Target for like $8. I might have to try it. We can get stuff shipped here most of the time cause it is just like shipping to NY. We have an APO address.
  • thompsons81702
    Options

officially I've only gained one pound and I haven't gained anything in inches except for half an inch on my boobs and I'll take that!:laugh: I really thought with how bloated I feel I would have gone up a couple of inches in my belly but I haven't. Now I'm extra excited for next week's results! Whodda thought I'd be happy to gain/stay the same?

Poor Mister Sister... He must really feel out of the loop right now. :smile: I am a little nervous about my upcoming visit from that unwanted "Aunt", but even more than that I'm nervous about my husband coming home from training. He's been gone for a couple of weeks, and has a couple more to go. I'm so scared that when he gets back my old habits will resurface!!! HE doesn't need to worry about losing any weight, so having him home can make meals a little more difficult. I miss HIM, though!!!
    I know what you mean about eating different when your hubby is home. My husband is a big late night snacker and I find it hard when he is sitting next to me with a bag of chips not to have a few or a lot. WE also eat out a lot more when my hubby is home. It is much easier to keep the junk food out of the house when he is not home. I always gain a few pounds back when my hubby first gets home then I can lose it again. I just have to make sure and keep my workouts going. Good luck!
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    The summer time makes up for the horrible winter here. We literally get around 23 hours of "sunlight" during the summer, so we make up for being cooped up as much as we can. :smile:
    So our you stationed in Alaska? Also what workout DVD's do you do? I have been looking for some new ones but I hate spending so much money on them in case I hate them.

My husband was active duty Army for over nine years and got out as an E-6, but my parents (also started off Army) lived in Alaska, so we wanted to move back here. Alaska is actually where we met. My husband got out of the Army around 2 years ago and got a good state job, but then turned around and joined the reserves to finish out his military retirement. He's gone for training in Guam right now, but will be back in a couple of weeks. I can't imagine being over in Germany... Hawaii seemed so far away from family-I can't imagine how hard it must be for you.

As for the workout DVD's you use... Do you have access to Netflix overseas? I know that they have this new feature that downloads direct to your computer, and you can do new some workouts like that. Also, I like to have different DVD's mailed to me so I can try something different every month. If I really like it, then I'll buy it.
  • bigbird0930
    Options
    I have found Exercise TV On Demand with Comcast. Since it is On Demand I can just start it and stop it whenever but don't have to purchase anything. I do a different workout every day with my regular cable. There is Jillian, Bob, Biggest Loser and a bunch of people I had never heard of. Doesn't help you out in Germany but others in the states might not know like I didn't.
  • abullock
    abullock Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    dsangel - I also am breastfeeding my 4.5 month old son and trying to lose weight. Right now he is solely breastfeeding and I try to keep my calories around 1600. This might be too low for some but I have never been a big eater and find it difficult to even get the 1600 (unless I give into the Burger King diet :tongue:). My doc said that once my son's diet is supplemented by solids I can probably drop my calories to around 1500. The main concern my doc had was if my calories were too restricted then my milk supply would likely dry up. I also plan to nurse until he is 18-24 months. It is slow going but I am trying to change my focus from the number on the scale to exercise stamina, how my close fit, the number of workouts I have completed, and most importantly just staying committed to being healthy without getting discouraged and giving up. This of course is all easier said than done as the number on the scale is so alluring. The scale has been a lifelong friend/enemy so breaking the attachment is tough. Hopefully we can both find the support to stay committed, at whatever rate, to nourish both our children and ourselves!
  • MissResa
    Options
    That sounds like it's very similar to my Netflix... If I have to stop a video, the next time that I open it up it goes right back to where I was the last time. I think it saves me a bunch of money in the long run because I'm not buying DVD's that I wouldn't like simply because I couldn't try them out first.
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    The summer time makes up for the horrible winter here. We literally get around 23 hours of "sunlight" during the summer, so we make up for being cooped up as much as we can. :smile:
    So our you stationed in Alaska? Also what workout DVD's do you do? I have been looking for some new ones but I hate spending so much money on them in case I hate them.

My husband was active duty Army for over nine years and got out as an E-6, but my parents (also started off Army) lived in Alaska, so we wanted to move back here. Alaska is actually where we met. My husband got out of the Army around 2 years ago and got a good state job, but then turned around and joined the reserves to finish out his military retirement. He's gone for training in Guam right now, but will be back in a couple of weeks. I can't imagine being over in Germany... Hawaii seemed so far away from family-I can't imagine how hard it must be for you.

As for the workout DVD's you use... Do you have access to Netflix overseas? I know that they have this new feature that downloads direct to your computer, and you can do new some workouts like that. Also, I like to have different DVD's mailed to me so I can try something different every month. If I really like it, then I'll buy it.

It is nice to talk to someone else familiar with the Army. So was Hawaii your last duty station? I would never want to go to Hawaii and I have heard terrible things about the schools there. You oldest is 8 right? My oldest is 7. I remember seeing in one of your posts about the dance workout video. My daughter loves working out with me. She thinks it is so much fun. Yeah Germany was very exciteing but I hate it and can not wait for our tour to be over. We have been here for a year so at least 2 to go. We might get stop loss and stuck here longer. I think it is a scam. My hubby is in Iraq right now and wont be back till October. So I want to look hot when he gets home. However last time he was deployed I lost 60 lbs and gained like 10 back right away and then got prego like 2 months later.

We can get netflix. I know a bunch of people that get them, I always wanted to know if they had workout videos. I will have to look into that cause I really like to try things out first. I mean who would buy a car before test driving it? Not me, so if I could try the videos that would be nice.
  • MissResa
    Options
    We've been through 2 deployments, and during his second one I got in really great shape... I think that it was because I was so stressed out that I burned extra calories emotionally.:laugh: I got pregnant with our 2nd daughter ONE MONTH after he came home!!!:sad: I felt blessed and so happy to have another girl, I was just sad to say goodbye to all my new, skinny clothes:sad: :sad: :sad:
    Hawaii was our last duty station. I was lucky, because my daughter only went to school there for a year... We moved here in time for her to start the 1st grade and she goes to a wonderful school now. She is 8, and I have another little girl who is 4. My husband was stop lossed when we lived in Georgia-he ended up re-enlisting because of it. I understood WHY my husband decided to join the reserves, and know that it will help us in the long run, but am worried about him going on another deployment later this year. They have been hurting for some good NCO's, and my husband is probably getting promoted to E-7 later on this year. He switched over to the "dark side"... He's now Air Force:laugh: . I always give him a hard time for changing over, but I think that the experience he gained from the Army is really great... It has been making him stand out a bit from the people who don't have the extra time. I'm very proud of him... Just like I'm sure you're proud of your hubby!!!:happy: