Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    edited January 2017
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    {{ chocolate washing picture... acidentally quoted wrong one, cant get the right one back}}

bahahhahahah
    I am SO stealing that picture.
    This thread is fast becoming near and dear to my heart. Every time I see someone... omg *must*add*friend*... I realize... theyre already my friend hahahaha... go Sue! <3
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I am in love with this thread. Like so many have said, I tried to eliminate, reduce, etc. the "bad" foods numerous times and I have never been successful. As soon as I do it, I find that all I want is that thing I eliminated. After a lot of trial and error, I have found I am the type that needs to have the flexibility to still enjoy what I love, like pizza, burgers and cake! So, now I believe that no food is "good" or "bad". I tend to follow the 80/20 rule with food. 80% eating for nutrition and 20% eating whatever the hell sounds good at the time while still meeting my calorie goals.

This morning I had McDonald's for breakfast. Each night this week, I have had a full size hershey bar with almonds after dinner. I also still have my favorite homemade pizza every friday, with a coke. And I manage to fit it all into my calorie goals.

Life without delicious food is no fun.
  • ConnieT1030
    K3rB3ar89 wrote: »
    My names kerry and i like to lick windows! I wanna be included in your lil group tooo!!!!

lick windows? ok i take back what I just said in that friend request, there IS such a thing as unclean food...windows?? ewwwwwwwww O.o lol
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    i had chocolate chip cheesecake cupcake& hershey kisses yeserday ! ha im far from a healthy clean eater
  • ConnieT1030
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    My names kerry and i like to lick windows! I wanna be included in your lil group tooo!!!!
    eeewwwww

Uhh i thought we were talking about bad habits.. my bad..... to weird? :p.. i thought this was supposed too be a support group? Ok.. ill see myself out.. awkward..

I am laughing SO hard over here, my husband keeps craning his head around from his tv chair and saying "who ARE you talking to???" makes me laugh even harder.... omg i never had so much fun in these forums before
  • gyp5012
    gyp5012 Posts: 122 Member
    I drive myself crazy trying to eat clean. It always ends in a binge :-(
  • ConnieT1030
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed by this thread.
    I settled down with a plate of cheesecake to read some comments about how you're all going to die from sugar cancer unless you eat 100% clean and haven't seen a single one. Not even a mention of kale. Where's the broscience?
    Hmphhh.

I can't hear you over the sound of me eating a Twinkie.

:D

Cmon yall got to stop, i havent laughed this much in months! My husband thinks Ive completely lost it. he's gone to make me food, must think Im in some low sugar hallucinations hahahahah Its a good thing my computer chair has arms..... rofl :D
  • ConnieT1030
    zeldon919 wrote: »
    Those pea chip things are pretty good though.

I just discovered those! wowzers, they are actually really good and you can eat a bunch for not too much calories.

I could comment on all you said, but i think Im starting to spam this thread! Its just.so.good!

• ConnieT1030
    SueSueDio wrote: »

I haven't tried the pea chips yet, but someone else recommended them too so perhaps I'll give them a go!

As for popcorn - our tiny local cinema makes buttered popcorn so good that people will go there just to buy a bag of it, not to see a movie!

do it! doooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeet!! :D

Im glad we never go to movies, that would so be a weakness if I had the opportunity. omg I love butter. Have to work HARD to limit it.
  • TBird135
    TBird135 Posts: 43 Member
    This thread makes me feel lighter already. It's good to know there are others on here who live in my world. I hate to put my food in my diary sometimes, afraid of being judged!. Expect friend requests, people.
  • ConnieT1030
    edited January 2017
    TBird135 wrote: »
    This thread makes me feel lighter already. It's good to know there are others on here who live in my world. I hate to put my food in my diary sometimes, afraid of being judged!. Expect friend requests, people.

Relax, there is no bad food. :) There are foods it's better to have less of, if you want to have a balanced and workable diet- as in what you eat for life, not "dieting", but as long as it isn't spoiled or poisoned, it isn't bad or dirty. Eat what works for you, make sure to get enough protein in so you dont lose muscle (this is a difficult one for me) and definitely log everything- make your diary private if it's making you nervous to put anything in there. Then no one sees it but you.
    This thread made me laugh so much, I felt not just lighter, but *light-headed* lol
    I think we're going to get along fabulously :smiley:
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    We're doing a biggest loser type thing at work. Most of coworkers are like "I've cut out sugar" or "I'm just eating salads." Meanwhile, I'm noshing on a chocolate chunk scone our pastry chef just made and losing weight. Salads are gross (I DO get plenty of veggies and actually love them....I'm just not big on salads, particularly when the wind chill is -2).

I don't know why it took me so long to figure this out.

Time. Out.

You have a pastry chef? AT WORK!? Please tell me you work in a restaurant or bakery....because if you work in an office then I am filing a complaint with my HR dept. today about our lack of pastry chef. :D

Hahaha!!!!! Yes. I work in a fancy-schmancy inn and restaurant. Thank god we don't get a ton of free food as I'd be the size of a house. :wink:
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member

Connie, totally stealing your picture too! ;)
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Time. Out.

You have a pastry chef? AT WORK!? Please tell me you work in a restaurant or bakery....because if you work in an office then I am filing a complaint with my HR dept. today about our lack of pastry chef. :D

The office where I used to work had an in-house cook who made THE most delicious lunches for all of us, plus cookies once a week and whatever cake we wanted for our birthdays.

It was amazing.

I was fat when I started there, but I'm sure I put on a good few pounds extra during my time with them! I probably managed to lose a few in the few weeks between being laid off from there and joining MFP, just because I wasn't having two large hot meals a day any more!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Having taco pasta bake for dinner tonight. :wink:
  • IceFishie
    IceFishie Posts: 5 Member
    That be me lol.