• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Jan 1-5.3 miles
    Jan 2- Rest day- P90X3 yoga
    Jan 3- 6 miles w/ 3 @ tempo
    Jan 4-5.1 miles (1 with crazy Stella)
    Jan 5-5 miles treadmill fartlek run
    Jan 6- 4 miles total -1 mile warm up outside with Stella then 3 miles of intervals on dreadmill
    Jan 7-7.7 miles
    Jan 8-14 miles
    Jan 9- Rest day
    Jan 10- 4.5 miles treadmill
    Jan 11-6 miles (slow and icy)
    Jan 12-5.7 miles
    Jan 13-4.3 miles 12X30 second hill sprints
    Jan 14-16.3 miles
    Jan 15-6.2 miles
    Jan 16-Rest day
    Jan 17-5.2 miles
    Jan 18-6.6 miles
    Jan 19-4.7 easy miles

I took it VERY easy this morning. I did 3.2 miles solo, then grabbed Stella for another 1.5. The solo course that I ran was the route I used to do every morning when I first moved into our house 12 years ago. I have been running those same streets, but I haven't done that exact route in quite a while because it's shorter than I normally go. Felt a little nostalgic. Stella also had a great mile and a half. She usually likes to lolly-gag on the uphill stretch, but this morning she was putting the pedal to the metal. She may have even pulled me a long a bit (but I am still counting it!).

The reason I took it slow and easy is that my hamstring and hip flexor are nagging again. I am going to do lots of stretching and foam rolling this evening. Tomorrow morning is either hill sprints or treadmill intervals. It's supposed to rain, so I am thinking it will be the treadmill. This is also a cut back week, so either way, I will take it easy. It's been an absolutely crazy week at work, so the timing is good for a down week too.

exercise.png
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    snowyne wrote: »
    @autumnblade75 - we have the same 90 mi goal, but you're ahead of me by 12. I gotta get on it!! Thanks for the motivation! :)

You are 100% welcome. I seem to be ahead of the game, though - I think I estimated low.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Did 4 miles on the treadmill yesterday. It was difficult, because I was having a lot of trouble keeping my anxiety under control. I kept feeling like I was going to have an anxiety attack in the middle of the run. The gym was crowded, and that didn't help because when I get anxious, being around a lot of people just makes it worse. Oh well, at least they have good showers there.

The anxiety and depression have started to take its toll on me physically. I've been having a lot of digestive issues in the past month, which I'm almost positive are being aggravated by the stress. I have had IBS since I was a teenager, and I had been doing pretty well with it last year, but now that the depression/anxiety symptoms are back, so are the IBS symptoms. So I was also dealing with some pain/discomfort while I was running, which only made the anxiety worse.

Whee! I'm such a big ball of fun, aren't I?

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow for the digestive issues, just in case. At the very least, I'm hoping the doctor can give me some ideas for how to treat those symptoms better. The appointment isn't until 10:00 a.m. so I'm hoping I can sneak in a short early run beforehand, since I won't be able to run tonight. Of course, that requires me to wake up early enough to do that. :smile:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good luck @RespectTheKitty ! I have IBS too. I have colestid and bentyl to take as needed. The cymbalta causes some tummy troubles, but so does corn, onions, lettuce, diet soda, tomatos, jalapenos, green peppers, NSAIDS, and too much fluid at once *sigh*..... :blush: and I have no gallbladder.

I always loop the porta John's :wink: Hope the appointment is productive!

ETA I also have some nerve damage... So I feel like I gotta pee all the time... Haha! And if I laugh too much or cough a lot, it causes bile-rrhea..
  • melaniefay82
    melaniefay82 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! Have you tried talking with a therapist? Psychotherapy is very powerful when combined with medication or even flying solo. The trick is finding the right one for you, just like with medication. :)
  • banana742581
    banana742581 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    7 more miles to add!
    21.5 out of 60 down.
    38.5 to go!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    1/1 - 4 miles
    1/2 - 1.5 miles
    1/3 - 0 miles
    1/4 - 3.5 miles
    1/5 - 3 miles
    1/6 - 4 miles
    1/7 - 2 miles with Skip and Macy
    1/8 - rest day
    1/9 - 0 miles
    1/10 - 4 miles
    1/11 - 2 miles
    1/12 - 3 miles
    1/13 - 0 miles
    1/14 - 5 miles some with Skip
    1/15 - 3 miles
    1/16 - 0 miles meet
    1/17 - 0 miles lazy
    1/18 - 0 miles early doc appt with Skip and I hate the cable man I waited for all day LOL
    1/19 - 4 mies

39 of 100 miles

exercise.png

I am really loving this nice weather here in Alabama. We are supposed to get up to the mid 70s this weekend. Thanks so much for your kinda thoughts and encouraging words for Skip she said to thank you all. She said Momma the MFP people care more about me than my friends :smile: She is a bit down about not running, but Doc told her to cycle (indoors or outside), she can continue to do strength work, anything but running. So she plans to go from PT today to the gym or stay for her T&F practice and just join in at core work time. We have seen this doctor so much he is going to give us a punch card for one free visit after every 5 ha ha. I love that he talks to her and not to me. He's very soft spoken and explains everything in detail to her and asks her a bunch of questions and patiently answers all her questions. He never seems to be in a hurry he's awesome.

Today's run was funny, I was feeling so good (actually should have gotten out the door to give me more time to run further). Anyway I was cruising along thinking I was setting a new land speed record. Got home looked at my pace 11:36 and that is only because the last 1 mile I realized I need to get home to use the bathroom and ran it in 11:10, my other miles were closed to 11:44 ha ha No wonder I felt so good hee hee

I haven't had time to reply to everyone's posts but I did lots of likes and awesomes!
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday gang! :smile:

exercise.png

1/1: Walked 15K+ steps
    2/1: Walked 15K+ steps
    3/1: 3.62 kms (Wk1 D1 C25K) + 30 mins yoga + 10 mins Squat Challenge + 5 mins Tabata HIIT
    4/1: 3.64 kms (Wk1 D2 C25K) + 30 mins yoga + 7 mins HIIT
    5/1: 3.64 kms (Wk1 D2 C25K – repeat) + 30 mins yoga + 14 mins HIIT
    6/1: 3.73 kms (Wk1 D3 C25K) + 30 mins yoga
    7/1: Walked 16K+ steps + 4 hours of cleaning (post paint job)
    8/1: Walked 15K+ steps
    9/1: Walked 16K+ steps + 2.5 hours of cleaning (post paint job) - Had to fast for a medical app't in the morning, so no usual workout
    10/1: 3.65 kms (Wk2 D1 C25K) + Strength Training (Day 1 of 30 Day Challenge) + 30 mins yoga
    11/1: 3.73 kms (Wk2 D2 C25K) + Strength Training (Day 2 of 30 Day Challenge) + 30 mins yoga
    12/1: 3.70 kms (Wk2 D2 C25K – repeat) + Strength Training (Day 3 of 30 Day Challenge) + 30 mins yoga
    13/1: 3.80 kms (Wk2 D3 C25K) + Fit Test via FitStar (Day 4 of 30 Day Challenge is Rest) + 30 mins yoga
    14/1: Walked 15K+ steps
    15/1: Walked 11K+ steps
    16/1: Walked 13K+ steps
    17/1: 3.74 kms (Wk3 D1 C25K) + Strength Training (Day 5 of 30 Day Challenge) + 30 mins yoga
    18/1: 3.73 kms (Wk3 D2 C25K) + Strength Training (Day 6 of 30 Day Challenge) + 30 mins yoga
    19/1: 3.75 kms (Wk3 D2 C25K – repeat) + Strength Training (Day 7 of 30 Day Challenge) + 30 mins yoga
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom, glad you got Skip all sorted out!
    @lissadecker sometimes the puddles are the best part of a run! You just need to be careful there's not a pothole or something hidden under the water.
    @_nikkiwolf_ hopefully that cold is well on its way out!
    @Virkati AWESOME!! I'm so happy for you!!!
    @Stoshew71 I'm still torn about my HM. I'm sure I could get a PR since my one and only HM was 15 months ago, but we may have ice on the course and, more importantly, it's not my A race so I don't think I'm willing to go all out. I'll play the middle...try to PR but not at the expense of having to need a week of recovery. Good luck on your race!
    @melaniefay82, OUCH! sorry to you bit it! I think sidewalks are evil and avoid them when at all possible. As far as your tights, during my ice skating session Sunday I tried to do some bushwacking and ended up getting my shin scratched up pretty good by thorny bushes, but it never damaged my tights.
    @lporter229 I was thinking after I posted about your paces that perhaps my advice didn't apply just for that reason, that you're aim is a comfortable finish. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out and kick some butt!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    8.2 miles last night, running in shorts for the first time this year! Shorts, sleeveless shirt, and a mid-weight long sleeve shirt.
    The temp was 38F at the start of the run (43F was the high) with a mild southern breeze. I wanted to get out when it was still in the 40's but I had to take my son to the concussion clinic. He cracked his head on the basketball court in late December and is just now getting back to non-contact activity in practice. Doc thinks he should be cleared to play again in two weeks. It was a very mild concussion, but nothing to take a chance on.

It was a great run around the hood, although it started freezing back up towards the end and the short distance I had on sidewalk was getting rather slipper so I fast walked that part. Tonight we're looking at the dame thing so I'm going to get out as soon as possible to avoid the refreeze.

37yrbe3119j6.jpeg

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @melaniefay82 - oh no! That's so annoying when we fall on basically nothing. I fell about a month and I was sore for quite a while. In fact, even still when I do exercises where I have to get on my knee that one knee hurts. yet no pain running or cycling. That's great on the compression pants. Come to think of it my pants didn't get cut open even though I had a major skinned knee.

@RespectTheKitty - anxiety attacks are very scary. But even as feeling as bad as you are you must still have your sense of humor and you made me laugh when you said: "Whee! I'm such a big ball of fun, aren't I?"

@skippygirlsmom - that's so cute that she said we care more about her than her friends. Poor thing. But high school kids are usually very self-centered and many have no empathy, especially if they haven't been through it.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! Have you tried talking with a therapist? Psychotherapy is very powerful when combined with medication or even flying solo. The trick is finding the right one for you, just like with medication. :)

I do indeed have a therapist. I just started seeing her like a month ago. So far, things are going pretty well with her. I have a terrible track record with therapists, but this one I might actually stick with.

• kellybea73
    kellybea73 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @stoshew71 This will be my 2nd year doing the Oak Barrel. I loved it. I did the Kentucky Derby Mini in 2015. Great course and good easy run. I also did the Run the Bluegrass in 2015. I am on the WeRunHuntsville FB page. Good luck on your full. Kentucky is my home state.

@ereck44 Here is the one my friend and I are following. We just added cross and strength 2 days week.
    http://www.dudleyladies.co.uk/sub_2hr_30_half_marathon_schedule.htm
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    January Running Challenge:

1/1: 19 miles
    1/2: 5 miles
    1/3: BodyPump and 30 minutes of stair stepper
    1/4: 5.8 miles of a 10 mile planned run. Cut short due to knee pain
    1/5 Unplanned rest day
    1/6 2.2 mile walk, 30 minutes elliptical, Strength: upper body and core
    1/7 8.2 miles
    1/8 20 miles
    1/9 45 minutes light strength and 45 minute walk
    1/10 15 minutes of stationary bike, 20 minutes of Elliptical, 45 minutes strength
    1/11 57 minutes of walking (3.5 miles), 52 minutes of strength
    1/12 48 minutes of stationary bike, 30 minutes of strength
    1/13 Planned rest day
    1/14 6 mile run, knee felt so much better
    1/15 12 mile run
    1/16 5 mile run
    1/17 40 minutes / 11 miles on stationary bike
    1/18 5 mile run

Goal: 86 of 170

Had a great run last night. Knee felt great so I of course had to test it out!! Lol I just did the last mile as a fast finish, and it felt great to run fast without any pain. 5 weeks and 3 days until the marathon and I'm feeling positive again. I just hope my body continues to hold out!!

My son's soccer team fell apart a few weeks ago with several boys leaving for another team. We were so bummed. This team won 1st place in the toughest division for their age group the last 2 seasons so we were happy with the coaching and players. So, we've been shopping around teams and it's tough finding a team with an open spot that has good coaching and strong players. We finally found one this week, but my son has to start on the development team again, but will get to play most of the games with the top team, and then if he does well, he'll earn a spot on the top team after the spring soccer season. The coach has coached at the high school level and now coaches at a local university so we feel great that the coaching will be on par with his last team.

With all the time spent going to all these practices and talking with coaches afterwards, I haven't had any time to weight train this week so I'm hoping to get back to that next week.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    1/4-2.48 miles
    1/5-2.39 miles & Pilates
    1/6-Pilates
    1/7-Rest day
    1/8-Pilates
    1/9-Pilates & 2.5 miles on the treadmill
    1/10-Pilates
    1/11-Pilates & 2.87 miles outside(no knee pain but it was a challenge. I burn so bad)
    1/12-Pilates
    1/13-unintended rest day
    1/14-Rest
    1/15-Rest
    1/16-2.6 miles outside
    1/17-2 Pilates workouts (what was I thinking...I hurt)
    1/18-2.7 miles on treadmill and 7.5 on the bike
    1/19-1.32 miles on treadmill and Pilates workout

exercise.png

Still working on my upcoming races...
  • melaniefay82
    melaniefay82 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 @ddmom0811 I am just in awe of tech gear and am now seriously wondering if it could stop a bullet! I also shudder to think what would've happened to my cotton yoga pants that I used to wear out when I first started running. Good gear really is worth the money. Ironically, that is the worst fall I've had as a runner. Ironic because the majority of my miles are done on technical trails, not a mostly flat sidewalk, LOL. I basically tripped on stupid.
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Aim: 100k

8/1: 5.7K
    12/1: 2.6k
    14/1: 10.4k
    15/1: 1.6k
    16/1: 5k
    18/1: 3.3k.
    19/1: 15k

43.6/100k

Treadmill run at gym today. Went pretty smooth
    Keep running!
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    04/01 3.11 miles
    07/01 3.07 miles
    10/01 3.14 miles
    17/01 3.14 miles
    18/01 3.13 miles
    19/01 3.12 miles

@melaniefay82 - gosh your fall sounds rough, hope you have no lasting injuries.

exercise.png

• snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    1/17 - 4.2
    1/18 - 4.2
    1/19 - Rest
    Jan total: 59.7/90

Hope everyone's having a great day!