I just don't get the hype....

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    GOLF

I love watching the masters. If you want to see what the spring looks like in the south, watch that. It's so relaxing.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    GOLF

I love watching the masters. If you want to see what the spring looks like in the south, watch that. It's so relaxing.

I think you and @jnichel are just trying to get me worked up

r7qmqs0gd6f9.gif
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Pumpernickel bread. Why make something that looks like delicious brownies, when it's not even chocolate. That's just cruel.

Also, wine tastes exactly like vinegar smells. Just admit it.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Pumpernickel bread. Why make something that looks like delicious brownies, when it's not even chocolate. That's just cruel.

Nope. Stop buying wine in the grocery stores and visit some vineyards. Wine is not as bad as the $10 bottles that most of us buy in a vain attempt to buy good wine. And good wine can cost $10, just not at a grocery store.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member

Nope. Stop buying wine in the grocery stores and visit some vineyards. Wine is not as bad as the $10 bottles that most of us buy in a vain attempt to buy good wine. And good wine can cost $10, just not at a grocery store.

What if some people like a $10 wine from the grocery store? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and taste buds actually vary quite a bit from person to person.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Cinniman rolls and the McRib..... Ive never liked either. Now cupcakes deserve all the hype in the world.
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member

Where I live, I'm surrounded by wineries. As a matter of fact, a few years back My wife and I were determined to find a wine we could enjoy, because that's all everyone is talking about around here. We went on a quest (and not to the grocery store).

Vinegar.

Coffee, wine, and beer. Does anyone else find it strange that the three most popular beverages on planet earth are all "acquired tastes?''
  • Graciemac70
    Graciemac70 Posts: 158 Member
    Cinniman rolls and the McRib..... Ive never liked either. Now cupcakes deserve all the hype in the world.

ooooh He said CUPCAKES!! <3<3
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member

Where I live, I'm surrounded by wineries. As a matter of fact, a few years back My wife and I were determined to find a wine we could enjoy, because that's all everyone is talking about around here. We went on a quest (and not to the grocery store).

Vinegar.

Coffee, wine, and beer. Does anyone else find it strange that the three most popular beverages on planet earth are all "acquired tastes?''
    I live in Livermore and it's about the wineries here.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

I've acquired them all.

• Graciemac70
    Graciemac70 Posts: 158 Member

I've acquired them all.

Guilty!!
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Reese's peanut butter cups
    I like peanut butter and I like some chocolate, but these two together just don't do it for me. It's like a chalky version of peanut butter. Bleh
    Now melt some peanut butter and put chocolate syrup over ice cream and I am all in

Nooo! Say it ain't so? I love Reese's.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    GOLF

My God, I hate golf.

Seeing it on television is beyond boring and it takes up airwaves that could be used to televise football.

The people here in town that play the game are self important, arrogant, entitled *kitten*.

And playing it? It's the worst!

Every single time that I putt, that damn windmill swings down and knocks my golf ball into the dinosaur.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Peanut butter.
    Game of Thrones
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    I think someone else said it
    Zombie stuff.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    Zombie stuff.

It's just been overplayed.

Zombie stuff can be great fun in measured doses.

A zombie apocalypse would be great.
    You get to kill people who are already dead & who aren't really people any more plus it's like you're doing them a favor with a double tap headshot.

Also, you don't have to kill anyone or anything if you don't want to. Instead, you can stay at home and drink wine because nobody is going to work or school during a zombie apocalypse.

Come to think of it, everyday is kinda like a zombie apocalypse for a lot of you, huh?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    Zombie stuff.

It's just been overplayed.

Zombie stuff can be great fun in measured doses.

A zombie apocalypse would be great.
    You get to kill people who are already dead & who aren't really people any more plus it's like you're doing them a favor with a double tap headshot.

Also, you don't have to kill anyone or anything if you don't want to. Instead, you can stay at home and drink wine because nobody is going to work or school during a zombie apocalypse.

Come to think of it, everyday is kinda like a zombie apocalypse for a lot of you, huh?

are you saying I stay home and do nothing all day? did I not realize you have my day to day schedule?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    GOLF

My God, I hate golf.

Seeing it on television is beyond boring and it takes up airwaves that could be used to televise football.

The people here in town that play the game are self important, arrogant, entitled *kitten*.

And playing it? It's the worst!

Every single time that I putt, that damn windmill swings down and knocks my golf ball into the dinosaur.

You just haven't had enough to drink while playing. Driving those golf carts can be fun once you've got a 12-pack in you.