I like to eat and am looking for things I can eat a lot of!

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Sugar free pudding
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I will eat mass quantities of vegetables.
  • wndlady
    wndlady Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    veggies/dip or peanut butter. More veggies and less dip/peanut butter. Soups. Apples and oranges. Skinny girl popcorn. Shrimp or fish. Hershey kisses (well, if feels like a lot). Coffee with different flavor creamers. Cereal without lots of sweeteners.

But yes, moderation in everything.
  • kymberkaye
    kymberkaye Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    mattdhall wrote: »
    Taco Bell crunchy tacos. On a 1200 calorie diet, you could eat 7 a day and still be under your goal.

LOL I'm in the TB drive thru right now. Ordering crunchy tacos.
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    watermelon is my saving grace--lots of volume, little calories. also cherry tomatoes, peppers, carrots--I like them in slices more than baby carrots, cucumbers, oranges.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    mattdhall wrote: »
    Taco Bell crunchy tacos. On a 1200 calorie diet, you could eat 7 a day and still be under your goal.

My grandfather, who died five years ago, would be so happy to hear this. He LOVED Taco Bell, and it was a major treat to him when we all went there.

That said, 7 tacos a day seems like overkill, I could certainly meet adequate protein and fat macros.
  • mlsh1969
    mlsh1969 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Have u checked out the Volumetrics way of eating. Im not super familiar with it, but l heard it shows ways of eating lots of food.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    You love to eat, so eat foods you love. For the best compromise between taste and volume, if a dish you love is higher in calories, reduce the fat and/or bulk it with vegetables to reduce the calories per serving. Another alternative would be to pick a dish you love, have a smaller serving, and then add another dish that is low in calories for more volume. For example, light broth based soup (miso soup is a good choice for the calories ) before the main course plus a side dish of vegetables makes it easier for me to have a smaller serving of moussaka without leaving the table hungry.

This recipe for moussaka give a pretty decent serving size:
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10610/the-ultimate-makeover-moussaka

I used vegetarian beef substitute. Next time I make it, I might use lentils. It's very good.

The problem is with the beef. I don't believe I've seen any kind of beef here labeled by fat percentage so I always assume that all beef burger beef (20% fat). Lentils is a great idea, I'll have to try that because I love them. I will still want the real thing every now then though, that I know.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Part of the concept of weight loss is lifestyle change, rather than restriction and diet. All foods have a suggested serving size, and a good discipline would be to watch your serving sizes, rather than searching for foods to consume large amounts of.
    You love to eat, so eat foods you love. For the best compromise between taste and volume, if a dish you love is higher in calories, reduce the fat and/or bulk it with vegetables to reduce the calories per serving. Another alternative would be to pick a dish you love, have a smaller serving, and then add another dish that is low in calories for more volume. For example, light broth based soup (miso soup is a good choice for the calories ) before the main course plus a side dish of vegetables makes it easier for me to have a smaller serving of moussaka without leaving the table hungry.

2 ways of saying the same :D
  • Erotyka
    Erotyka Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Broccoli is great for this. Packed full of vitamins and exceptionally low-cal. Makes for a good extra towards any meal for making it a little bigger!

You'd have to eat about 3.5kg of the stuff in a day to meet 1200 calories - and I doubt most people could physically get that down in a day - considering the average head of broccoli is 200-400g.
  • gettingreallyfedupnow
    Options
    I like to roast an entire cauliflower and then melt a single cheese slice onto the top

Trays of roasted mixed veg with herbs sprinkled on

Berries eaten frozen takes ages and is low calorie

Huge bowls of veg soup with lentils or beans

Stir fry veg with soy sauce

Mmmmmmmm
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots with Laughing Cow cheese wedges.