Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Some people would gasp looking at my diary today. Caramilk bar for a snack after breakfast, hot dogs for lunch, homemade pizza on a tortilla for supper, nachos for a snack tonight. It all fit in my calories so it's all good! Mmmmm.

Ha, that's nothing-I had Taco Bell AND 5 Guys yesterday, plus a donut :D Pretty sure it didn't fit in my calories either and I don't even care lol. We were out all day furniture shopping and I'm sure I burned a few calories with all the walking we did though lol.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    I am in for whiskey and wine!, Drinkers add me!
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    I cant live without crisps (chips for the USA) and sometimes I eat 3 bags, and I put brown sugar on my porridge, and I bite cheese off the main chunk when things get tough - ahhh, feel much better now!!!

this thread was genius!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    A lot of what I eat would probably be accepted by the clean and healthy crew, but i just murdered a pastrami sandwich and a package of......OREOS!.

That's right. Best cookie ever invented. And I'm gonna do it again.

Come at me B)

Never..... Levain bakery cookies are the best cookie ever invented. :p
    Ok I may have to concede. I had to google those, but wow they look good....

My husband and I holidayed in NYC a couple of years ago and stayed about 2 minutes walk from the Harlem bakery.... We shared 4 cookies a day for the last 3 days of our stay... And took 2 days worth to our next stop... They were that good.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member

"Tartwork"... hah! :)
  • SueSueDio
    MomReborn wrote: »
    I figure if I'm not attempting to shame myself and hide reality, I'll be healthier than completely cutting off things I enjoy eating...

Absolutely!
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    A lot of what I eat would probably be accepted by the clean and healthy crew, but i just murdered a pastrami sandwich and a package of......OREOS!.

That's right. Best cookie ever invented. And I'm gonna do it again.

Come at me B)

Never..... Levain bakery cookies are the best cookie ever invented. :p
    Ok I may have to concede. I had to google those, but wow they look good....

My husband and I holidayed in NYC a couple of years ago and stayed about 2 minutes walk from the Harlem bakery.... We shared 4 cookies a day for the last 3 days of our stay... And took 2 days worth to our next stop... They were that good.

My sis lives about 20 minutes (I think) away. My wife and I might have to pay a visit. We're both really really weak when it comes to fresh baked chocolate chip cookies
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    This is 100% why you're on my friends list XD

I've just lost 40lbs thanks to eating less and moving more. I've eaten pizza, burgers, had waaaay too much booze and a whole lot of junk food... but if i tried to "eat clean" I would have given up by now. It's not realistic nor sustainable for me as I love my "Bad food" I've just learnt to eat it in moderation... unless it's a party which only happens once in a blue moon... in which case, I may go mental and have many cocktails ;D

I also have set my diary to private after 1 user was telling me off for having diet soda. I happen to prefer the taste of pepsi max over pepsi as i find they're waaay too sweet but apparently having diet soda stalls weight loss and can even promote "fat gain" XD Some people get very creative with their own beliefs. Still waiting for that weight to stall.

Hey 100%? That's all I have going for me? LOL. Also, I have read something like that about diet soda....It was more like there are studies that imply the fake sugar and stuff is a bit harder to break down than regular sugar or something like that. Even if it were true, it wouldn't be significant and from how you stated that I doubt the person was just trying to provide helpful information. People can be so critical and a lot of time it isn't even their business or problem.
  • Verity1111
    Spiderpug wrote: »
    I cant live without crisps (chips for the USA) and sometimes I eat 3 bags, and I put brown sugar on my porridge, and I bite cheese off the main chunk when things get tough - ahhh, feel much better now!!!

this thread was genius!

I am pretty genius, thanks. ^_^
  • SueSueDio
    I was nervous about having my diary open to friends at the start, but no one has ever commented negatively on anything I eat. I'm confident enough now that if someone tried to tell me I was eating "the wrong things", I'd happily tell them it was none of their business! :)
  • Verity1111
    edited January 2017
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    I was nervous about having my diary open to friends at the start, but no one has ever commented negatively on anything I eat. I'm confident enough now that if someone tried to tell me I was eating "the wrong things", I'd happily tell them it was none of their business! :)

I had someone on a diet program who eats 800 calories talk down to me about eating 1200 calories or less (1200 as my goal) while eating lean cuisine and salads....so its ok to undereat as long as its got more protein? I don't think that's true. lol.. Anyway I ironically am trying diet food programs anyway but I am doing it in order to eat more often on less calories because I find I am always hungry on some days and just want to eat every couple hrs.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »

At first, I told a few close friends that I was doing MFP and that I had budgeted for certain treats once a week. (Mostly because when I was doing WW some years back and had lost a significant amount of weight, there was ALWAYS some busybody who would come up to me in a restaurant or ice cream parlor with an "Have I just caught you CHEATING???" And I am really not that assertive IRL. Definitely not the kind who can respond with something along the lines 'How is that your business?' And during the initial few weeks of the MFP, I didn't fully trust CICO , so I was adopting a 'Let's see if I can REALLY eat what I want, so long as it's within my calories' and didn't want to feel myself automatically slip onto the defensive if anyone questioned what was on my plate.) Now, I don't bother mentioning it anymore. I've lost more than 10% of my starting weight and I feel comfortable enough now that I think I can just smile and reply, "A treat is not a cheat," and leave it at that.
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    Ink me in, honey. I had cookies this weekend. *patting my boodah belly*
  • singertwinsmom
    singertwinsmom Posts: 2 Member
    I think about what I eat Sunday evening through Friday lunch... the weekends are MINE! I still don't go overboard, but I totally understand what you're saying. Need to connect with people like you!
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    maybe1pe wrote: »
    I'm on the "I eat everything if it's within my calories" plan. There have seriously been days when all I have had to eat was like 16 oatmeal raisin cookies. No regrets.

I have cookies and brownies and cake and candy almost every single day. Pizza like once a week. Burgers, fries, chicken nuggets. I don't even care.

I've lost nearly 80 lbs
    so I feel okay about it. :smile:
    That's awesome :)