I like to eat and am looking for things I can eat a lot of!

123457»

Replies

• dazaliah
    dazaliah Posts: 37 Member
    From what I understand, 3 cups of air-popped popcorn is 93 calories. It's the butter I put on that jacks it up.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I like to do things in grams...but 100g of unpopped kernels (which is a buttload) is like 375 calories so if you did half that and popped it, it would produce a lot of popcorn.

http://calorielab.com/foods/popcorn/snacks-popcorn-unpopped-kernels/117/25002/0
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Thank you!! gonna try that!
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    I've been known to binge on broccoli.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    Thank you!! gonna try that!

Yes weigh the unpopped, or even the popped, don't try to measure it out in spoonfuls. It's mostly air - if I took a cup of frozen corn out of the refrigerator and ate it, how can it be that different from popping a cup of dry corn? Corn should have the same calories as corn - 133 calories in a cup of corn, I don't think I have a pot big enough to pop a whole cup of popcorn.

I eat popcorn in volume, and watermelon. Those are my volume foods. The watermelon, that's a lot of sugar but oh so good and only around part of the year.
  • nowNOTthenmylife
    nowNOTthenmylife Posts: 47 Member
    Honesty I would do a lot of low calories vegetables that you like, and lots of lower calories fruits as well. Protein would keep me full as well but I would opt for Avocado, hummus , Greek yogurt , eggs, ( boiled or in the form of a crustless quiche). Eat steamed plantains, potatoes, yams but in moderation. You can even eat fish, shrimp or canned fish like sardines. So many options