What is something way too high in calories but you cant resist and how often do you have it?

Options

Replies

• kelisueray
    kelisueray Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    I can't honestly think of a food I just can't resist. But if I had to choose one, it would be Krispy Kreme donuts, followed by other assorted brands of donuts.

Those + half a gallon of milk - I'd hurt myself if left unrestricted.

Have you had Krispy Kreme brownie batter donuts?? AMAZING
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    active562 wrote: »
    Mine is : Crepe with white chocolate , oreos and biscuits! And I actually have it 3-4 times a week ! Its too good!
    Second choice is Cheesy crust pizza which I have 2 times a week
    Whats yours ?

LARABARS!!!! THEY ARE MY WEAKNESS
  • active562
    active562 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That's why you should look at your weekly goal not just daily.

And it does at least 2 sittings!

Yeah that does not work for me. I have to be very strict, so daily is what I have to do.

Can I ask why it doesn't work for you? Medical reasons?

It doesn't work for me because if I go over one day, then the next day has to be that much less. Either that or I have to go do an extra 2 or 3 hours of cardio! So on my calorie budget, it's just too hard for me to restrict myself that much. Like I said, I expect that my calorie budget is far less than yours. If you are allowed 2000 calories a day ( or more), it's far easier to treat yourself and stay on a weekly target.

I'm on 1550 cals per day

Yeah more than me, but even if I had that much I'd never go for a slab of cheesecake or whatever, that was anywhere near 1000 calories. It's fine if others want to do that, and can manage it. But that does not work for me.

obviously you don't want people to help you as you're not answering any questions?

True this.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Yeah that does not work for me. I have to be very strict, so daily is what I have to do.

It doesn't work for me because if I go over one day, then the next day has to be that much less. Either that or I have to go do an extra 2 or 3 hours of cardio! So on my calorie budget, it's just too hard for me to restrict myself that much. Like I said, I expect that my calorie budget is far less than yours. If you are allowed 2000 calories a day ( or more), it's far easier to treat yourself and stay on a weekly target.

My calories are 1200 for a 1lb a week loss. If I want to eat out I move more.

I move every day for 5 miles or so that I can eat 1600/1700 calories.

Most days I save 100/200 of these so that I can eat take away, restaurant meal etc one day a week.

You can make things fit if you try rather than just saying you can't.

EDIT- Forgot to say my diary is open, feel free to look.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    kelisueray wrote: »
    I can't honestly think of a food I just can't resist. But if I had to choose one, it would be Krispy Kreme donuts, followed by other assorted brands of donuts.

Have you had Krispy Kreme brownie batter donuts?? AMAZING

No I haven't, but I have a feeling I'm going to :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I'm on 1550 cals per day

Yeah more than me, but even if I had that much I'd never go for a slab of cheesecake or whatever, that was anywhere near 1000 calories. It's fine if others want to do that, and can manage it. But that does not work for me.

Lol it doesn't work for me either if I want to keep a deficit. So I only do that rarely.

Honestly though the reason I'm so active is so that I can eat more anyway. I have a big sweet tooth. Unfortunately it means that I'm also hungrier as a result and I still can't get away with eating a 1000 calorie dessert and stay under my calories for the day. I usually try to make up for it the rest of the week but you got to ask yourself if blowing 1000 calories on something that is eaten in 2 minutes is REALLY worth the 3 hours of exercise it takes to burn it off.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake.. and never! I've had 1 this entire past year.. that's one slice. If I allowed that in my home, I'd have WAY more to lose than I do now.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Pizza for sure but I usually eat some good Tombstone on the weekend. (I love cardboard frozen pizza!)
    Also BEER. Kind of a beer snob so can't give it up 100%...have a few throughout the week
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Cookies! Warm, still soft in the middle...I cannot buy (or make them) as I will eat them all. If I do get them, it's once every few months, and by getting one at panera (or two at Subway).

Also deep dish pizza. I get it maybe only a couple times a year, and even with light sauce and cheese it ends up being the only thing I eat all day.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Homemade bread with butter. Probably splurge twice a year.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lol it doesn't work for me either if I want to keep a deficit. So I only do that rarely.

Honestly though the reason I'm so active is so that I can eat more anyway. I have a big sweet tooth. Unfortunately it means that I'm also hungrier as a result and I still can't get away with eating a 1000 calorie dessert and stay under my calories for the day. I usually try to make up for it the rest of the week but you got to ask yourself if blowing 1000 calories on something that is eaten in 2 minutes is REALLY worth the 3 hours of exercise it takes to burn it off.

Yep. I rode 25 miles on the stationary bike at the gym the other night, at a pretty good clip. I had splurged on some Doritos (damnit!) at work, and I just had to work that off. But I don't have enough time in my days to go spend 2 hours on cardio, PLUS my normal workouts, every day. And even if I did, it just is not worth it to me. So I really have to try and be darn careful because it is just too damn hard to "make it up" later in the week. I mean, that sounds good, but for me, it isn't a workable method. I have to do what works for me. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell. Any other place I work food into my goals, but there? Nope, I'm getting a number 4 (pizza and two Taco supremes) every time. But it's only about every 6-8 weeks that I stop there.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    feeling like you have to punish yourself for having a splurge is a sign of potential disordered eating...

LOL. You missed the point entirely.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Bone in rib eye. I have it at least once a month.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

When me and my sister in law were pregnant we would get a half gallon each of chocolate milk and go to krispy kreme, they would always make us fresh donuts. It was fun to watch people stop and turn around when the hot sign came on lol.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Gotta eat all the pizza; can't stop at a slice. I'll make my own (on occasion) in portion so I can eat the whole thing. Otherwise I don't bother.

My family has started making tortilla pizza. Tortilla, sauce, cheese, topping and so good.