What is something way too high in calories but you cant resist and how often do you have it?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Bone in rib eye. I have it at least once a month.

Wife and I have a date night scheduled for Feb 11 at the Rancher's Club and that's exactly what I'm getting...
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I can resist any food to be honest. If I wanted to eat something, it would have to fit into my calorie goal.

Learn to let foods assist rather than resist.
  • dmwh142
    dmwh142 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great Bakery Cake with lots of great frosting with a side of Blue Bell Homemade vanilla Ice Cream. NEVER EVER Grocery Store cakes--those are disgusting. One thing I never eat anymore are Dairy Queen Blizzards. I loved those until I found out they have around 1000 Calories each. I can just have 2-3 bites of my husbands Blizzard.
  • alijtd
    alijtd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Beer.

I don't drink the sissy stuff...if I'm drinking, it's probably some high gravity Belgian or Stout. So one beer clocks in around 600 cals on average. I once drank a beer that no lie was 1200 cals. (It was a bomber, but still).

Alcohol in general loads my calories, so I'm trying to limit myself to one-two during the week, and then I can have a few on weekends.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I like Starbucks Frappuccino's, French toast, Donuts, Breakfast skillets, chips and dip. Etc. Etc.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    dmwh142 wrote: »
    Great Bakery Cake with lots of great frosting with a side of Blue Bell Homemade vanilla Ice Cream. NEVER EVER Grocery Store cakes--those are disgusting. One thing I never eat anymore are Dairy Queen Blizzards. I loved those until I found out they have around 1000 Calories each. I can just have 2-3 bites of my husbands Blizzard.

I miss blue bell so much. We used to get it all the time in Indiana, but after the whole recall, we stopped getting it. I haven't seen it around here since. :/ I keep hoping one day it will make it back up here.
  • burnsdesi
    burnsdesi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Coconut butter and avocado. I would add them to all the things if i could.
  • alijtd
    alijtd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Taco Bell. Any other place I work food into my goals, but there? Nope, I'm getting a number 4 (pizza and two Taco supremes) every time. But it's only about every 6-8 weeks that I stop there.

Yep, that's my order, too. With Dr. Pepper. Since I'm currently down to one soda a week (big win) that would be a maybe twice a year splurge!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Taco Bell. Any other place I work food into my goals, but there? Nope, I'm getting a number 4 (pizza and two Taco supremes) every time. But it's only about every 6-8 weeks that I stop there.

I had a taco bell craving last night and I'm going to have the boyfriend go out and get me a cravings box tonight. We do homemade Mexican pizzas about once a month.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    There are a few things for which I just cant do "moderation". Sure, I could have just 4 oreo and fit them in to my calories. Except I can't. If there are oreos, I'll eat a full row of them. Which is why we really can't keep oreos in the house.

Ditto a fresh, glazed donut. When they're still kind of warm? From the shop right down the street? Forget it. If my husband would bring home just one for me, that would be fine. But he doesn't. He brings home a dozen, plus donut holes and kolaches. Because of the kids. And the I'll eat 3 donuts.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    feeling like you have to punish yourself for having a splurge is a sign of potential disordered eating...

LOL. You missed the point entirely.

not missing the point...if you feel like you need to work out an extra 2hours to burn off the calories from your Dorito "splurge" (in your own words) - then your relationship with food should be addressed

how many dorito's did you eat that you felt that way? any entire bag or a single serving?

IMHO, anyone who has to adhere so strictly to an eating plan that you can even fit in some fun/splurge foods - then it should be addressed

Not at all. If I "splurge", it is MY intent to do so within a day's budget. YOU may not wish to handle your weight loss that way, However, THAT IS WHAT WORKS BEST FOR ME. Okie dokie? I have no issues with food that need to be addressed, other than to eat less than I have been the last couple of years and get back to my good weight. And that is what I am doing. :p

Good luck to your in YOUR weight loss goals.

It's almost criminal around here to not force yourself to shovel calorically-dense foods into your mouth. Going the "moderation" route is fine (not for me, however), but to imply there's something wrong with abstaining is ridiculous.

It didn't take long after this thread was started before the MFP Police proceeded to suck all the fun out of it.

It's unfortunate that individuals can't be confident enough about their own success, to allow themselves to take a breath occasionally.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    feeling like you have to punish yourself for having a splurge is a sign of potential disordered eating...

LOL. You missed the point entirely.

not missing the point...if you feel like you need to work out an extra 2hours to burn off the calories from your Dorito "splurge" (in your own words) - then your relationship with food should be addressed

how many dorito's did you eat that you felt that way? any entire bag or a single serving?

IMHO, anyone who has to adhere so strictly to an eating plan that you can even fit in some fun/splurge foods - then it should be addressed

Not at all. If I "splurge", it is MY intent to do so within a day's budget. YOU may not wish to handle your weight loss that way, However, THAT IS WHAT WORKS BEST FOR ME. Okie dokie? I have no issues with food that need to be addressed, other than to eat less than I have been the last couple of years and get back to my good weight. And that is what I am doing. :p

Good luck to your in YOUR weight loss goals.

It's almost criminal around here to not force yourself to shovel calorically-dense foods into your mouth. Going the "moderation" route is fine (not for me, however), but to imply there's something wrong with abstaining is ridiculous.

It didn't take long after this thread was started before the MFP Police proceeded to suck all the fun out of it.

It's unfortunate that individuals can't be confident enough about their own success, to allow themselves to take a breath occasionally.

Really? What is the point of that?
  • active562
    active562 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Exercising to burn off calories is not really a disorder BUT if you eat something and then feel guilty AND force yourself to exercise to remove your guilt , then you are just punishing yourself. Enjoy to freakin cheesecake and make up for it by reducing your calories by 200 for the next 2-3 days. Seriously , whats the big deal ? Why should you deprive yourself off delicious food for the rest of your life ? To me , thats just being cruel and too hard on yourself. I cant imagine me turning down my boyfriend/friends for a night out with snacks / junk food / drinks with my excuse being '' I cant fit those in my calorie goals , so I am gonna stay in tonight'' .
    It just doesnt make any sense. With that logic , every person who goes out to eat and drink , would be overweight.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Pizza is too high. I love it, but it does not love me. If I could restrict myself to half a slice, then I would be fine. But I don't have that kind of willpower. So I rarely (maybe once every 2 months) allow myself to have it.

This. There's a pizza place near me that makes the most wonderful meat lover's pizza I've ever had. It's thin crust, just the right amount of spicy sausage, tangy sauce, cheese, you name it. I can eat a large one by myself easily. Just guess-timating the calories a whole pizza is probably 2k in calories. I have to order it only once in a blue moon otherwise I'll get fat again lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    active562 wrote: »
    Exercising to burn off calories is not really a disorder BUT if you eat something and then feel guilty AND force yourself to exercise to remove your guilt , then you are just punishing yourself. Enjoy to freakin cheesecake and make up for it by reducing your calories by 200 for the next 2-3 days. Seriously , whats the big deal ? Why should you deprive yourself off delicious food for the rest of your life ? To me , thats just being cruel and too hard on yourself. I cant imagine me turning down my boyfriend/friends for a night out with snacks / junk food / drinks with my excuse being '' I cant fit those in my calorie goals , so I am gonna stay in tonight'' .
    It just doesnt make any sense. With that logic , every person who goes out to eat and drink , would be overweight.

But a lot are overweight, lol!

But for me, reducing my calories by 200 for a few days is more punishment than doing 30 extra minutes of exercise for a few days.
  • active562
    active562 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    active562 wrote: »

But a lot are overweight, lol!

But for me, reducing my calories by 200 for a few days is more punishment than doing 30 extra minutes of exercise for a few days.

So most of the people who go out and eat and have fun every weekend are overweight ?
  • devron0129
    devron0129 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    French fries. Once a week.