What is something way too high in calories but you cant resist and how often do you have it?

Options

Replies

• Berkgal33
    Berkgal33 Posts: 71 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Pizza. Definitely. With fatty meats. I'm not a girl to replace all the meats with with vegetables. Add a few veggies but not instead of meats. So, maybe once a month I have 2 slices, thin crust though!
  • msfanglet
    msfanglet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    BROWNIES!!..specifically Ghiradelli Triple Fudge Brownies..sigh. We are in a serious debate on how many brownies are in a pan..They say 17, I say 6. How in the world do you get 17 brownies out of an 8x8 pan???
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of foods like this. Crisps (thank god they come in individual packs, because I can't stop myself with the big packs!) pork scratchings, battered chips (there's a chip shop around the corner from my house where a small portion is huuuuuuge) battered sausage, pizza, cheesecake, toast with real butter (I usually use a low calorie substitute) creme brulee, crispy seaweed (yes, I know it's lettuce), chicken tikka masala (luckily there are low cal versions) smoked salmon (I eat the 100g packets so not too bad on calories) garlic bread... I could go on. Some of these things I have most days in moderation, and some I have maybe once a month.
    I'm going to an all-you-can-eat tomorrow where most of these foods will be available :s I'm going to enjoy myself and cut my calories for the rest of the week!
  • MichelleHensley78
    Options
    Mine is hazelnut coffee cream by CoffeeMate & I have it every morning.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    EllaLeahB wrote: »
    Häagen-Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream :'(

I honestly almost never eat the good ice cream stuff anymore (you know, the 300+ calories a serving kind) because ice cream is something I absolutely don't enjoy as much in small quantities :(

I mostly like a little of the good stuff more than a lot of less good stuff (and I especially dislike the puffed up kind that only looks like fewer calories because it's more volume per gram). However, I've found I enjoy having two kinds of ice cream together, so what works well for me sometimes is a lot cal kind (Halo Top is okay, So Delicious has some low cal kinds I like, and the WF house gelatos are low cal -- hazelnut is something like 140 per serving) + a small amount of a higher cal kind with it (Jeni's being my go-to, but McConnells or B&J or Talenti which is more middle calorie) also work, and various other smaller brands too. I also enjoy picking flavors that work together. Sometimes I do half and half, but more often .75 of a serving or so of the lower cal (or a full serving if something like Halo Top) plus .25-.3 of the serving of a higher cal one. Varied based on calories available, though.

I also find that a small bowl makes a difference in how large the serving seems, and so does a small spoon and eating slowly. I know it's a trick, but it works anyway.
  • HMHolder001
    HMHolder001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream... So delicious. I would never measure, just fill my bowl till it was full and purposely get a big bowl. Now, I will measure out and be wise with myself. Pretty sure it was one of my main bumps in weight loss journey...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I eat everything in moderation, sometimes eat too much of what I love, but I have a problem baking cookies because I love the dough and freshly baked cookies. For this reason, I don't bake often, but when I do I plan in the dough and the cookies.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I eat everything in moderation, sometimes eat too much of what I love, but I have a problem baking cookies because I love the dough and freshly baked cookies. For this reason, I don't bake often, but when I do I plan in the dough and the cookies.

I found recipes for things like single serving microwave protein cookies and mug cakes help a lot with this problem. I make them a lot. A lot of them can be found online. I had a really yummy 100 calorie pumpkin protein cookie just yesterday.
  • Siglov
    Siglov Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    potato crisps (chips) and beer - both are so very more-ish, especially together! :#
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Definitely wine. And not alcohol in general, just wine. I don't have a problem saying no to foods I love (even pizza, which is my fav)..I can eat celery, spinach, and water all week and be fine. But then I go through at least 2 bottles of wine over the weekend. I have, however, been cutting back over the last month-cut out my Friday night drinking and replaced it with an extra hard workout (which actually does reduce any cravings I may have for wine) and on Sundays, I can get by with only one or two glasses. It is the entire bottle on Saturday nights that I need to get rid of :(
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Baby back ribs. I have them 2-3 times a year but I'd have them at least once a week if they weren't so darn high in calories.

Same for brats, but those tear through my gut like the Tasmanian Devil in a china shop, so it's a little easier to not eat those. But oooohhhhh man they taste good!
  • Mxley
    Mxley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My weakness is the Canadian delicacy: Beaver Tails. They're just so delicious, I can't help but buy one every time I go to the zoo...doesnt help that my favourite is the one doused in nutella and reeses pieces! (Though I may tone it down and get cinnamon sugar instead...better of two evils toward my diet, lol)
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I honestly almost never eat the good ice cream stuff anymore (you know, the 300+ calories a serving kind) because ice cream is something I absolutely don't enjoy as much in small quantities :(

This. I buy frozen greek yogurt (Yasso is a good brand) because I know there's no way in hell I'd be content eating a single serving of ice cream, especially the good kind. I used to eat 1-2 pints of ice cream a day. :cold_sweat:

Have you tried Halo Top ice cream? I've yet to, but I've heard really good things about it. Each pint has about 240-280 kcal and a lot of protein. It's about $7 a pint, though.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Ruffles sour cream and cheddar potato chips. I just love them. Luckily they sell them in small 180 calorie bags which usually works out perfect for me. They are one of those things that I can eat one bag and be ok - I just have to remember to get the small bag (because I would eat the big bag too if I had one). Normally I can do big bags and then portion out but I don't know these are just so good. And actually this made me want some, so I am going to go grab a bag now.
  • TimeToChange007
    TimeToChange007 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Literally anything sweet or anything dippable. I have one hell of a sweet tooth. Plus, I've always loved dips. Especially chip dips, no matter if it's basic onion dip or some fancy layered nacho dip. It's a sad guarantee that if I have something dippable, I'll eat wayyyyy more than anyone ever should
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

This. I buy frozen greek yogurt (Yasso is a good brand) because I know there's no way in hell I'd be content eating a single serving of ice cream, especially the good kind. I used to eat 1-2 pints of ice cream a day. :cold_sweat:

Have you tried Halo Top ice cream? I've yet to, but I've heard really good things about it. Each pint has about 240-280 kcal and a lot of protein. It's about $7 a pint, though.

Yeah I only buy Halo Top now.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Baby back ribs. I have them 2-3 times a year but I'd have them at least once a week if they weren't so darn high in calories.

Same for brats, but those tear through my gut like the Tasmanian Devil in a china shop, so it's a little easier to not eat those. But oooohhhhh man they taste good!

But ribs arent high in calories. The BBQ sauce they are usually drenched in is haha. Get zero cal or at least no sugar bbq sauce and you can now have these once a months ;)

Um yeah, baby back ribs are very high calories. About 1000-1200 per rack. It's very fatty meat.

I don't always put sauce on them, often we just do a dry rub, but if want sauce I want sauce. And if I have sauce it will definitely have sugar in it. Sugar is what makes the sauce caramelize.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Yeah I only buy Halo Top now.

have you tried Arctic Zero (I think its called) - i found it in the freezer section with Halo Top - have a vanilla maple syrup pint to try
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

But ribs arent high in calories. The BBQ sauce they are usually drenched in is haha. Get zero cal or at least no sugar bbq sauce and you can now have these once a months ;)

Um yeah, baby back ribs are very high calories. About 1000-1200 per rack. It's very fatty meat.

I don't always put sauce on them, often we just do a dry rub, but if want sauce I want sauce. And if I have sauce it will definitely have sugar in it. Sugar is what makes the sauce caramelize.

True, but not all BBQ sauces are created equal. Many have sugar as the #1 ingredient. To me thats not bbq sauce haha. Whats a 1000cal once a month ;) thats a 1h or 10K run :)

Then eat them once a month and I'll do what I like, which would never be running 10k. I make my own sauces.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options

I didn't even think of ribs when I originally replied. Myself, and my middle daughter can ravage a couple of racks in seconds :D and it's brutal - sauce and shreds of meat everywhere, ceiling, floor lol.

It ain't good unless it's messy :D