True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• slivesey77
    slivesey77 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    slivesey77 wrote: »
    Back in the ER again with My Mom. I'm mentally exhausted.

I did it for my mom too every day for about 10 months. It wears you down. I was lucky to have help from my sister and others. I don't know any details of your situation, but it's the one thing I'll always be proud of; that when my mom needed me, I was able to take care of her. Take pride in being able to say the same thing. No one loves you like mom.

Well god dammit if my panties didn't just melt off of my body reading this.

PS ... ^^^^ That's awesome
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

I did it for my mom too every day for about 10 months. It wears you down. I was lucky to have help from my sister and others. I don't know any details of your situation, but it's the one thing I'll always be proud of; that when my mom needed me, I was able to take care of her. Take pride in being able to say the same thing. No one loves you like mom.

You are awesome ...
  • slivesey77
    Options

You are awesome ...

e49jqgn7oix2.gif
  • Ryan7119
    Ryan7119 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I play angry birds on the crapper!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    It annoys me when my husband falls asleep on the couch and then complains the next day about his neck hurting.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I confess that I sometimes read too much into things and drive myself nuts. I need to stay out of my own head.

Easier said than done. Sometimes my mind is my own personal prison cell.

Yes! Totally.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    I confess that I sometimes read too much into things and drive myself nuts. I need to stay out of my own head.

I so understand this.... I cause myself more unnecessary anxiety than the outside world does

I also suffer from horrible anxiety and now I'm starting to believe I bring it on to myself.
  • slivesey77
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »

I so understand this.... I cause myself more unnecessary anxiety than the outside world does

I also suffer from horrible anxiety and now I'm starting to believe I bring it on to myself.

I've had anxiety most of my life on and off and probably no one would know if I didn't tell them. In some of the worst moments you start thinking it's your fault or that you deserve it or wonder what others will think of you if they knew, and therefore isolate yourself from them. And sometimes that becomes more debilitating than the anxiety. That can be the hardest part to get over.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've had anxiety most of my life on and off and probably no one would know if I didn't tell them. In some of the worst moments you start thinking it's your fault or that you deserve it or wonder what others will think of you if they knew, and therefore isolate yourself from them. And sometimes that becomes more debilitating than the anxiety. That can be the hardest part to get over.

Anxiety and mental disorders are never your fault and that's something I've also struggled to accept. We tend to be so much harsher with ourselves than we would with anyone else. If that was your friend or sibling we wouldn't say that to them and you don't deserve to be in pain. Real friends will accept you the way you are- and show you that they're there for you regardless of how unsteady you might be. They will love you the way you are. Have you tried therapy?
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I had to google "bad and boujee" because an inmate at work kept saying it. He had a good idea I didn't know what it was and he was right and I still don't really.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a dream about being pregnant. I'll spend the rest of the day nervously wondering if I am or not then go buy a test after work.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Confession: Four days ago, I took a knife to my face and arms. I never cut seriously enough to cause any real bleeding, and I wasn't doing it as a suicide attempt...I just wanted to hurt myself as punishment for the things I can't change about myself. Punishment for what I can't be.

Please get the help you really need, you don't have to struggle alone. The best line I've heard is that it doesn't get easier just less harder. Take a hot shower, get into bed do things that make you feel better. Have you been to the doctor? Are you on medication?
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

<3
    I have another friend currently being there for his mom during tough times. So refreshing to see men step up and be able to admit how important their moms are to them. Hope my little man feels that way someday

I'm sure he will, he's got a great one (and those are rare in my experience). I know for me, no one in my life has done so much, put up with so much, or given up so much on my behalf as my mom. No one else is even in the same ballpark of investment in my life. I hope to be for my kids someday what my mom was for me growing up.

Great moms are rare, though I've seen some amazing ones on here, too.