• mckinneymom70
    mckinneymom70 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
  • hooey78
    hooey78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Karbum wrote: »
    I will be leaving for Cuba on vacation for 5 days! Anybody have good tips to stay on track?

It's tricky traveling. I tend to stick with Westernized hotels and restaurants (i travel to Asia alot) so I can chose basic food options most of the time...chicken and veggies, salads, etc. Doing so allows me to indulge in local cuisine here and there without blowing my goals. Try to log as best you can!
  • hooey78
    hooey78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone! How'd the week go?

Just a reminder, if you haven't don't so...friend some of us! It is a much easier way to communicate and stay accountable when your can add a status to your page and see others+
  • syclops
    syclops Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great week... No weight loss but feeling it in my belt size regardless! Still a huge motivator!
  • dfabiano972
    dfabiano972 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Down 7.4# for the month so far. Haven't been exercising as much as I should be. I need to change that. I will get some yoga in tonight when I get home.
  • messhall
    messhall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nearly 4 weeks in. Cardio exercise 4+ times a week and tennis every Sunday. Low food intake and no booze. For these sins, I am down to 87.5 kg from 94. Hope to lose another 10 b4 the end of March. last week was the hardest because I was flying blind - I lost the charger to my Garmin. Just got the replacement, so I am more relaxed. Oprah challengers.
  • DoritoDavis
    DoritoDavis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join but have been on holiday. I am starting tomorrow.

Nutrition: 1200 (or more if exercise allows - measured by Garmin watch). Increase my protein and veg intake. Limit sugar/ carbs. No junk Jan. Also no alcohol when I'm just staying in.

Exercise: 3x a week. 150 intensity minutes a week (measured by my watch). This will mainly be spinning. I've been struggling with aching joints so avoiding running.

Stats: 11st, 5ft 4.

Goal: increase fitness and loose 2lb a week. 20lbs by end March.

I've got my 10th wedding anniversary and a wedding in March. Also a big birthday in November.

So I'm 3 lbs down and 3 work out done (all be it very short ones - 20 mins). Best of all I have resisted all junk.... so far and no alcohol. I have also logged everyday. So far this week (3 days in) I am up to 83 intensity minutes out of my 150 minute goal. Therefore I am on track

Totally chuffed. I'm 9lbs down. Can't believe it. I really have stuck to everything. Exercise done each week ( hard this week as I have worked every evening so hoping to get a good work out today). I need to carry on this self discipline to end of March to reach my goals. I'm also going to look at changing my spin workouts to ensure I am maximising my work outs
  • dfabiano972
    dfabiano972 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Week 4 done...9.7# loss for the month. Did get a good workout in on Saturday at the gym and started a 30 day plank and squat challenge yesterday. Food plan has been working out well and I've planned to allow for indulgences here and there. The continued plan is...more workouts per week (no excuses), keep to my @home challenges, 1 gal of water per day and keep meal planning and prepping.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,801 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    no weightloss this week, boo, but i had a semi bad week just in general, and im starting to get serious with my spartan race training, and i am so sore from yesterdays workout, so im sure theres some water weight there
  • lucky31charm
    lucky31charm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am down 5lbs for the month of January and I am proud of myself. It was a struggle because I love to eat and I had to force myself to cut back. I am looking forward to February weight loss journey!!!
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I weigh myself tomorrow. I was on vacation at an all inclusive,so I am pretty worried. Either way, I am home and back on track! :)
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    hooey78 wrote: »
    Karbum wrote: »
    I will be leaving for Cuba on vacation for 5 days! Anybody have good tips to stay on track?

It's tricky traveling. I tend to stick with Westernized hotels and restaurants (i travel to Asia alot) so I can chose basic food options most of the time...chicken and veggies, salads, etc. Doing so allows me to indulge in local cuisine here and there without blowing my goals. Try to log as best you can!

It was really hard because I was in Cuba. The food there is not very good. In order to avoid eating mystery meat I ate a ton of plane pastas and carbs :( It's okay tho! I am back! :)
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,801 Member
    Options
    I took the past 3 weeks off to deal with some family issues, but im back, and i got a new elliptical yesterday :)
  • DoritoDavis
    DoritoDavis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join but have been on holiday. I am starting tomorrow.

Nutrition: 1200 (or more if exercise allows - measured by Garmin watch). Increase my protein and veg intake. Limit sugar/ carbs. No junk Jan. Also no alcohol when I'm just staying in.

Exercise: 3x a week. 150 intensity minutes a week (measured by my watch). This will mainly be spinning. I've been struggling with aching joints so avoiding running.

Stats: 11st, 5ft 4.

Goal: increase fitness and loose 2lb a week. 20lbs by end March.

I've got my 10th wedding anniversary and a wedding in March. Also a big birthday in November.

So I'm 3 lbs down and 3 work out done (all be it very short ones - 20 mins). Best of all I have resisted all junk.... so far and no alcohol. I have also logged everyday. So far this week (3 days in) I am up to 83 intensity minutes out of my 150 minute goal. Therefore I am on track

Totally chuffed. I'm 9lbs down. Can't believe it. I really have stuck to everything. Exercise done each week ( hard this week as I have worked every evening so hoping to get a good work out today). I need to carry on this self discipline to end of March to reach my goals. I'm also going to look at changing my spin workouts to ensure I am maximising my work outs

I'm now 11lbs down so progress has slowed to a snails pace. However I am doing well with my exercise (last week I did over 300 intensity minutes - goal is 150 as measured by my garmin watch) and I have logged for 45 days in a row. So I just need to keep my head down and keep going. I need to rein in my snacking. My real success in Jan was 'no junk' whereas I am being more relaxed now..... so an extra 100 - 150 calories can easily appear in my day!!