Irritation at the Gym.....

Options
1235»

Replies

• catrinamclaugh
    Options
    That is funny, I had that very same thing happen to me at the gym. This Guy was making nosies as if he was having sex, had to turn the Ipod up really loud to block that one!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I should have explained myself, there is this guy at my gum that gets on the elliptical and on level 5, he goes as fast as the darn thing will let him and he pants loudly and grunts so loud lol!! It's not even in hill mode! Haha!
    Irritation at the Gym.....

For the men when you are on the bench it is not cool to grunt scream or make crazy noises when your benching 100 pounds, 400 okay I can see that please keep that stuff to yourself.

Also hoarding machines is not cool if you want to use three machines to do your work you need to let other people work in especially if you are moving like you have all the time in the world.

If you sweat a lot please wipe down the machines nobody wants to jump in the pool after you clean that stuff up.

I understand that some people are just starting at the gym brand new please don’t try to act like you are doing something curling 5 pounds and breathing heavy once again your looking like a fool.

Please don’t come in the gym with your work clothes on and dropping mud all over the machines and the floor.

One last thing if you decide to your kids to the gym please don’t have them playing on the machines then get mad when somebody ask to work out on that machine. An when they get hurt don’t look for sympathy this goes for the females also.

Now to the Ladies

Ladies wearing spandex to the gym is awesome If it fits. Please buy clothes that fit if your spandex is riding up your stomach then it is too small this goes for the men also.

Please don’t not sit on a machine and then proceed to call somebody and stay on that machine. Then get mad when somebody ask you to get the get off the equipment.

Another thing if you decide to wear a Victoria Secret Bombshell bra and boy shorts and nothing else to the gym please don’t get made when I and the other guys stare at you. If you coming in looking like that then you’re going to have people stare. Also since you’re in that outfit and you decide to get on the hip abductor machine and have all your junk hanging out and I mean hanging out please don’t huff and puff when we point and stare and then tell others to come and look.

Also please don’t wear pounds and pounds of makeup and come to the gym and think you’re not going to sweat. if you don’t like sweat then working out may not be you’re thing running around like this is your country club is not cute.

All this has happen in the last two weeks. I know I am not perfect but I have to vent somewhere…rant done back to my happy go lucky self……

/Agreed!

Also, people making so much noise on the elliptical machines! Really? you need to grunt on the elliptical machine?

Also, I am tired of look at women walking around naked in the locker room. Really lady, I don't want to see your f^cking boobs or intimates, cover the hell up!

When you're doing hill intervals, sometimes grunting is required.
  • manenuff21
    manenuff21 Posts: 63
    Options
    LMAO man what gym do you go to? My only problem is Old People, by all means get ya workout on and I'm so glad they are fit or still interested in being fit at 60+, but older people treat the gym like the senior night club, sitting around talking and reading newspapers early in the damn morning. I wanna get in, get my burn in and be out in an hour but I gotta wait to hear about your grandkids until you get off the machines!
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I'm oblivious, but unless I'm waiting for a machine, I don't really pay attention to the people at the gym. I'm there to focus on me :-)
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You should of vented @ your gym.

^ yes, this
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    On the odd occasion I have had someone on the machine next to me peer over to see what level I'm working out on, then they feel like they have to outdo me! It's quite annoying having some stranger looking at your machine every minute. I would like to be left alone to concentrate on what I'm doing and not feel like someone is wanting to compete throughout my workout!

lol totally why I try to take the farthest treadmill or one where theres atleast an empty one on either side whenever I can

I do the same thing. What really irritates me is when there are five or six in a row open, and someone gets on the one right next to mine. I really like my personal space and see no need for you to get that close.
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hilarious....and sooo true!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Is guys that have these HUGE upper bodies and then these Scrawney little tooth picks for legs... I mean COME ON! lets go for some balance, lifes about balance, so build some leg muscles before a strong gust of wind blows and you fall over like a trees.

lol. See this all the time.

Ooooh can I add something to the rant? lol. I hate it when you get people on the elliptical that go a billion mph, and they're on level 1. First of all, you're not benefiting hardly at all from what you're doing. INCREASE THE LEVEL PLEASE. You aren't impressing anybody.

Omg it's not just me! I do the interval training program on the elliptical, and I'm sweating buckets, and there's someone that's just got it on the lowest setting, flying by, and not even trying.

Oh and the only thing I'd disagree with on OP's list is the struggling with lower weights. I don't have much upper body strength, and benching 100 lbs would be a big deal for me.

I'd also like to add about Planet Fitness: some loud alarm is more distracting then some guy dropping a weight because he was going to failure. Stop being judgmental in the "No Judgement Zone".
    ohhh the irony above...:ohwell:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I'm oblivious, but unless I'm waiting for a machine, I don't really pay attention to the people at the gym. I'm there to focus on me :-)
    :wink: :flowerforyou: This! ^^
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I would tolerate ALL of that if the women would just STOP parading around the locker room naked. I do NOT want to see that. Sure, it may be hard to stay 100% covered up but at least try! Especially the older women. Just strolling back from the shower to the locker, in no particular hurry, buck nekkid. Gross!!!

This is why I don't go to the gym. yuck.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be grateful right now that I've seen so few of these problems at my gym!
    One thing is weird though. Sometimes people look over at the elliptical to see my read out. Nosy Lurkers! What do they care what level I work at?
    Otherwise they are a pretty well behaved bunch and just friendly enough, with an occasional nod of recognition or "Hey".