Can't seem to lose the last 10-15 = Team up for success

Options

Replies

• sweettandb
    sweettandb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I successfully drank at least 8 glasses of water (64 oz) daily or slightly more on some days. I will admit it was a bit of a struggle at times but I am glad I did it. I currently weigh 174.2 lbs, which is down 1.2 lbs from 175.4 last week. Yay for water!! Congrats to all the losses this week and keep pushing forward to all others. Can't wait for the next challenge!!!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I successfully drank at least 8 glasses of water (64 oz) daily or slightly more on some days. I will admit it was a bit of a struggle at times but I am glad I did it. I currently weigh 174.2 lbs, which is down 1.2 lbs from 175.4 last week. Yay for water!! Congrats to all the losses this week and keep pushing forward to all others. Can't wait for the next challenge!!!

WAY to GO!!! I find drinking water does help a lot with weight loss, more so because I don't feel hungry as often. I heard on Dr. Oz that a lot of the time when we feel hungry we are actually dehydrated and can drink some water instead (now obviously that is not a meal replacement haha but it works when at odd times I am hungry).

Remember to add the image to your signature *found on page 4 of the feed*
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Cool - thanks for letting come in late!

CW - 167
    GW - 147

I am experimenting with eating more cals, so we will see. I workout a lot and I think I was short changing my body.
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    :heart: NEW CHALLENGE :heart:

Because a lot of what we do here is building healthy active lifesytles I am making the new challenge in line with that goal. This week it is all about what we put in our bodies!

Last week we focused on hydration, on providing ourselves with enough H2O to get us through the day happy, healthy and hydrated. I think we had a lot of success as individuals and a team in drinking what may have easily amounted to a small pond! Way to go team! Drinking the right amount of water has been linked to many health benefits and is a great way to avoid putting junk in your mouth. It can also help to build arm muscles if you have a large water bottle and drink frequently LoL :laugh:

This week we will focus on food! Let's look at eating a balanced diet. This week let's eat more fruits and vegetables and get rid of the high sugar, processed foods. Focus on preparing your own lunches and dinners this week for at least 3/5 work days and 5/7 evenings. Be accountable for what you put in your mouth and share your favourite recipes :smile:

Successful "losers" this week's fit food challenge can add the following to their signature

Cherry.jpg
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    Two time successes will look like this:

TwotimeLosers.jpg
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    down 0.2 pounds! just ending TOM today which meant about 3 pounds gained so I'll take a 0.2 loss any day!

9037245.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    down 0.2 pounds! just ending TOM today which meant about 3 pounds gained so I'll take a 0.2 loss any day!

:flowerforyou: Thats a great loss for the end of TOM! Way to go - you never know, maybe next week will be a tremendous success :bigsmile:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    11-14 pounds to lose, depending on the week. i've been stuck since november of last year, losing and gaining the same 3 pound over and over again. i'd love to have a group to whine to and be challenged by. :)
    dawn
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    11-14 pounds to lose, depending on the week. i've been stuck since november of last year, losing and gaining the same 3 pound over and over again. i'd love to have a group to whine to and be challenged by. :)
    dawn

Awesome - welcome to the group for sure! I assumed your starting weight from your GW in your signature - we post weigh in results on Tuesdays and that's when the new challenges etc. are posted as well :)
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of it ! I want to lose 16 pounds by my November 25th Birthday! Have lost 27 so far and have been stuck the last couple of months!

I'm a November 25th birthday too! I was born on Thanksgiving day. :smile: I like your goal! I've lost 32 so far & have another 10-15 to go! We can do this...by our birthday! :happy:
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I started at 163 & lost 32 to put me at 131. My ultimate goal is 115 so I've got about 16 pounds to go. Thanks!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    I would like to join! I started at 163 & lost 32 to put me at 131. My ultimate goal is 115 so I've got about 16 pounds to go. Thanks!

Awesome - welcome!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options

Awesome - welcome!
  • simplystephy
    Options
    I am totally in, I really want to lose these last 10-15 lbs before the fall!
    Cheers **raises water glass :)
  • bgaribay9
    bgaribay9 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started using myfitnesspal for the first time yesterday, and I would love to join this group! What I've gathered from reading previous posts are that tuesdays are weigh in and new challenges. Well I have been doing pretty good with the water challenge but def need more help with the good food intake. I currently weigh 130 and want to get down to 118. I was curious to see what type of workouts are you guys doing that you think really helps and dont get bored with easily??
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yup I definitely over indulged on the weekend...salty yummy goodness. Up from 137.5 to 139 and I'm not sorry! Managed to get in more than 8 cups of water everyday though. Great job everyone!
  • bethy0316
    bethy0316 Posts: 75
    Options
    I just started using myfitnesspal for the first time yesterday, and I would love to join this group! What I've gathered from reading previous posts are that tuesdays are weigh in and new challenges. Well I have been doing pretty good with the water challenge but def need more help with the good food intake. I currently weigh 130 and want to get down to 118. I was curious to see what type of workouts are you guys doing that you think really helps and dont get bored with easily??

hey there ...
    I do random things...but Zumba is by far the most fun workout I have ever had. It feels like you're just having fun, not like exercise at all.

Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • ultimatecutie
    ultimatecutie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I have been drinking water like crazy! My body seriously craves it now! I've been drinking about 5 - 32oz bottles per day ;) Hope everyone is doing great! Last week I decided to change things up a bit since I was feeling frustrated.... I changed my loss per week goal to .5 lb which gave me about 1440 calories to consume per day (yes this scared the heck outta me!). I also started c25k on friday and feel crazy to say it but im loving it- it really makes me want to push myself further which is very empowering ;) I took a break from Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30- after completing 30 day shred...I just felt like I needed a break from her! Hopefully ill restart week 2 with her today (no promises there just yet lol). Sorry for the long post ;)

Kick *kitten* today everyone ;)

Brandi

How did you find the Jilian Michaels 30 day Shred? Were you happy with the results? I'm considering starting a 30 day challenge for myself using her video. Currently i have her Shred it With Weights video, but havent started it yet.
    Thanks!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Yayyy!! Weigh in for this tuesday 157.6!!!

My weight loss ticker is finally correct again!!
  • SalPal03
    SalPal03 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Packed my lunch 4 outta 5 days this week, ate lots of strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and raspberries :) YUM!
    Also down about 1.1lbs this week = :D Happy!