Horror

Options
kaizaku
kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
Anyone into horror movies? If so, what was the last horror movie you watched? Also anyone waiting to watch the new Annabelle movie and chunky movie?

Replies

• mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Cemetery man is a good one its a horror comedy but it is still very thought provoking
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    About to watch Livid. French horror flick
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    The conjuring 2 I think is the last horror movie I watched, is split a horror movie? Saw that the other week.

Pretty much any movie with zombies are my favourite, I am not a zombie bigot, I like fast zombies, slow zombies, infected zombies.

Is Shaun of the dead considered horror? It has zombies and jump scares and people dying, if that counts, that's my vote for favourite horror movie, even though it's a comedy.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Autopsy of Jane Do

Was it any good?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I'm a chickenshit and hate horror movies because I hate being scared. There are so many great feelings to experience, fear, to me, is not one of those .
  • dantew04
    dantew04 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love horror films but lately I find 'horror' has just become gratuitous amounts of gore. Maybe as I've got older, I'm harder to scare (I watched my first horror films as a five year old... freaked me out emotionally like crazy until my early teens where something changed and I craved horror and now in my late twenties, I'm like BRING.IT.ON) or maybe as I've got older, films have become poorer in quality. I dunno. But the big mainstream 'horrors' I avoid, unless someone recommends. I like a lot of foreign films now. Whilst I sometimes look at a few and think "how can this be allowed?!" the dark places it takes me too after the credits have rolled is what I seek from a horror.

Someone said that you can have all the gore or jumps on a screen that you want BUT if it's not taking you to a messed up place in your mind, it ain't done the trick. Cos that's where the true horror lies.

I wish I could remember the last 'horror' that I watched but it clearly wasn't that memorable. Darn.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Old horror movies are the best, the new ones are not all scary. Once watched a movie called Jinn, 10 mine in I just switched it off.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    dantew04 wrote: »
    I love horror films but lately I find 'horror' has just become gratuitous amounts of gore.

Yeah a lot of horror is just gore and cheap jump scares.

Where is the atmosphere? The suspense? The sense of impending doom?

I was playing a game lately, at times I thought it was a horror game, felt like something was about to happen, someone was about to die, all because of atmosphere.

It was a game where you work as a park ranger type looking out for forest fires.
  • Momtafo
    Momtafo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Night mare on elm street. Freddy Krueger will always be terrifying to me....Unless Rob Zombie remakes it. lol.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    50 shades of grey was terrifying.......What happened 2 the movies now? The technology has gotten better,but the writing has become lame ....Look at classics like the "Exorcist" ...or my all time favorite & always will be is "Jaws" ....People are still screwed up from that movie & terrified 2 go in the water ....That movie was great cuz the entire time u didn't see Jaws ( until the end obviously) so u went off ur imagination what was in the water & when u heard the Jaws music u *kitten* ur pants cuz ya knew something was gonna happen ...."Ur gonna need a bigger boat"
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    E.T.[/b]

LOL this is your horror..... ET? He was creepy looking! with that finger and all.

• sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Train to Busan and Autopsy of Jane Doe. Both are worth watching.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »
    chunky movie?
    chunky? that sounds frightening.......I need to go run a few laps.

Hahahaha, sorry typo. Chucky. :)
  • kaizaku
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    Train to Busan and Autopsy of Jane Doe. Both are worth watching.

Yea, train to Busan is good
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    I thought pinhead was kinda sexy, my therapist told me to say 2 Hail Marys and 1 our father
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Lalaland. My wife wants to see it, but I am really scared of horror movies. They make me imagine things at night. Especially when I have to go alone somewhere at night and some white thing creeps up from behind me and...

Scared? Don't be. When the scary part comes just clos your eyes lol
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Horror, Sci-Fi and Psychological Thriller are my favourite movies types :)

I am well known as a 'bad movie' enthusiast by my friends and family...so be forewarned at my choices!
    (the horror genre I typically feel is kinda comedic, but one of my favourites since I was a little kid)

Horror(ish) - Tonight I watched "Autopsy of Jane Doe" - it was kinda creepy/spooky - liked it, but I typically find more realistic movies to be more "scary"

Sci-Fi - My favourite is "Pandorum"...I tell everyone I can to watch it (sadly they don't believe me due to my "bad" movie choices!)...it creeps me out more than typical horrors 'cause it seems possibly more realistic (to me)

Psych Thriller - "Ratter"...it had bad IMDB reviews, but that means nothing to me! I found it really creepy in a very realistic way...and I appreciated the ending for the totally creepy/scary factor

Other "horror"— I guess— movies that I watched recently and liked were two Eli Roth movies, The Green Inferno and Aftershock...creepy, cheesy and gory!