40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• elizabeppes
    elizabeppes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Worried about the scale tomorrow I wasn't able to run or work out yesterday and today I'm in airport flying home. Just hope my business travel didn't set me too far back.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    @caramelgyrlk Such a sad thing to happen at 37! So young! All the more important to make the most of everyday.
    I've been sticking to my weights and getting ready to step it up again. Loving the results! I'm needing a little more challenge though, so time to add more weight and maybe a couple exercises.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Morning kids, enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday. I read a few articles that suggest people eat way more than they should on SB Sunday. I am going to switch things up today and go for a hike. Have a great day kids.

CBS This Morning reported that Americans eat about 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving. I'm sure Superbowl Sunday is that & more! Yikes, but so much fun!
  • sherylski2015
    sherylski2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 48....almost 49...eating healthier and doing portion control....exercising 4 times a week now doing cardio and not adding weights
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,963 Member
    Options
    SuperBowl!

Rest Day!

I am drinking lots of water, today, in an attempt to keep the "full" feeling so that I don't eat anything that is NOT in my plan.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    50 and still lifting heavy *kitten* and wearing super hero shirts.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    SDERESKI, I think you have officially picked up where Larro left off. I really miss him. He brought so much sunshine to the group as well as his Ranchero Larro pictures. TRX completed. I am still sore from the 5 mile hike. For some reason, I am a sucker for torturous things. Have a great day kids.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,963 Member
    Options
    I love the photos, so keep em coming. I lifted, today!

Also, given my uber-slow weightloss, I really am "the tortoise":
    hog53aii7deg.jpg
  • elizabeppes
    elizabeppes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Beeps I'm with you ! Thanks for the post
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @sdereski - You have my vote for official photographer of the Cool Kids Club! Beautiful as always.
    @ Beeps - Nailed It! If you're not moving forward, you're sliding back. (BTW: that turtle looks like he's sprinting, lol!)

Power based cycling class today. Sweaty fun!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Finally got to the gym today after weeks of missing. Did my normal circuit of weights, though I went a bit light on the reps. I'm sure I'll still be feeling it tomorrow. Hoping for some paddling tomorrow. Supposed to be in the 80'sF here (though the water is still in the 60'sF, which is motivating to not fall in).
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Glad everyone is still keeping busy. My weight loss seems to have stalled, I've gone from 148 to 142, but I'm still aiming for another 4-5lbs. Took a break this weekend. Nothing crazy but not as regimented, I had honey garlic chicken wings! They were so good.

Trying to find an affordable yoga class to do once or twice a week. Keep telling myself I'll do a YouTube yoga workout in the morning and yet I don't. My bed is warm and cozy and not conducive to getting up early!

Working on increasing my weights when we do resistance training in kickboxing and last night was focus pad class, partnered with my husband. Thought will be kettlebell and kickboxing.

@sdereski awesome pics!

@Beeps2011 keep moving forward and lifting heavy!

@caramelgyrlk sounds like a great hike. I love hiking, but not so much in winter.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Legs"=Done!