• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK o:)
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    pitegny wrote: »

Marnie - the angry yoga clip is hilarious.

- Leigh in France

"Hugs!" Thanks
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I am OK here. Yesterday I had a good breakfast of an omelet coffee and toast. Abdomen just sore. Had soup and toast for dinner. Probably only 700+ calories for the day, but just didn't have the energy. Went to befd at 8pm after taking Bayer back & body meds.
    Today there was snow! It's 10am now and all melted. We are at sea level so this isn't a normal thing especially in February! This Wed we are supposed to take our Navy bound son to DEP meeting but we're thinking it might be cancelled. Also my husband has his dermatology surgery Fri we are hoping we can delay that too if there's snow still! Spring needs to get here!
    I'm typing in bed...so lazy of me!
    Becca
    Aka Miss Lazy Pants of the Coastal Plains
    In Oregon.....
    (The drip from the fan in the bathroom makes me haveta pee now)!!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    469367makfzcur9b.gif

:)Leigh, I am a non competitive person. I learned many sports in high school as part of required physical education classes. I found that dancing and walking are the things I like to do most to be active. Later we added a recumbent exercise bike to the middle of our living room so I can ride and knit and either watch tv or listen to an audio book. When I started eating healthier, I found that I had more energy so now I am active more than sedentary.

:)Sharon, we had a great experience with an RV for several years and traveled in the central and western US and in BC. We were both retired and had the time. Our pets traveled with us and I was able to cook our regular food so we lost rather than gained weight.

:)Heather, I hate filling out paperwork. I can find so many excuses to delay doing it.

:)Rita, thanks for the info on the squat challenge.

:)Mavis, you may be able to see your numbers go where you want them if you consistently eat right and get more exercise. Keep at it.

:) Cheri, I am happy to hear that you have found the local Project Linus Chapter. The group here is so friendly. I am currently knitting a blanket for them.

:) About the Super Bowl. My team isn't playing but I've chosen a team to cheer for. I've already seen two of the commercials and they were awesome. I have a friend who is planning to record the game, just so she can watch the commercials. I plan to eat no snacks. Jake has his snacks all planned.

2191610q208gshr57.gif Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    :D
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Just spent 2 hours clearing out and cleaning every drawer and cupboard in my kitchen, then scrubbed cabinets and the floor--feels like I got a lot of my anger out. Nothing like a good scrubbing to get rid of suppressed emotions!

Also made a lovely chicken with white bean chili and a delicious faro and chicken sausage dish with onions and apples yum! Made enough for my friends and have food prepped for the week. Hooray!!

Thank you wonderful women for your good counsel and kind support. I do feel like my DD is at a turning point, I just have to let her grow up, can't do it for her. NYKAREN
  • loseweightbb
    loseweightbb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just finished logging in my lunch & thought I'd ck out the messages quickly. Did a full hour on the treadmill today & more intensity than yesterday. Remembered to use my inhaler before started today, so that helped. Still not 100% after the bronchitis in Dec & relapse last wk with another cold, but felt so good to get in the exercise again & feeling motivated. After done, took time to make a nice healthy toss salad for lunch with some chicken strips, avocado, almonds, & tiny bit of olive oil. As I logged the meal, I found that it really wasn't much in calories, so might have some yogurt, too for a snack in a bit. Not really hungry any more so it can wait.

While on the treadmill, I like to listen to music on Pandora station on my Kindle while also reading ebooks on it. It really makes the time go by since I'm engrossed in the book. Sometimes I end up going longer than planned just to keep reading. Today, I kept reading while stretched out & then took care of some laundry I'd started before exercising. I looked for some more free ebooks earlier today on weight loss & nutrition, sleep, etc.

Found & read a great one called 4 Mindsets for Effective Weight Loss (Prepare Your Mind to Lose Belly Fat) by Mark Diaz. Makes some great points. The 1st of the key mindsets it discusses is Control - basically having an attitude that you are in control of your choices & need to hold yourself accountable for the choices you make (good or bad). The more you acknowledge that YOU made the choice to eat something or not exercise, etc (& sometimes that's ok - it was your choice) the more you'll make better choices. Talks about an Internal Locus of Control instead of blaming External things. Seems like sound advice and empowering. The book talks about other mindsets too (there are 4 key ones) but I won't go into them. Check out the book if you can. I thought it was great. Gonna read it again & again & work on implementing the strategies starting TODAY!

Have a great week!

-- Becky (upstate NY)
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    DJ: Congrats on the 3lbs! Ya hoo!!

I've got a pork roast in the Instant Pot. I started looking at the instruction book for how to use it and realized that it is very intimidating! Took my courage to the internet and searched for setup and beginners instructions - 3 hours later I have a frozen pork shoulder browned in the pot with olive oil. I deglazed the pot with 1 cup of chicken stock figured out how to turn it to high pressure and there it sits. Not sure of how long to cook it (since it's frozen). I'll start with an hour and see what happens. Fingers crossed!

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

Carey - Northern Alberta
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    lazy day.. fed DFIL went to Sams took a nap made dinner and now watching Chasing Classic Cars..
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Leigh ... thank you for the recipe link ... I have all the ingredients on hand and will try it probably tomorrow!

Super Bowl Snacks ... my husband wanted queso for corn chips. I had a jar of pre-made stuff in my hand and just couldn't... Margaret... buy it with all the unpronounceable ingredients and the MSG. Shudder. So, because I was rushed, I bought Ro-tel tomatoes and Velveeta ... which is only a marginal improvement. I have not purchased anything like this in years. We just tried some and neither my husband nor I can eat it ... so, so salty! Amazing how your tastes can change. I will be making my own in the future where I can control the ingredients. Blech!

NYKaren ... I do a lot of pot banging when I'm angry! It's hard letting our children grow up, especially when it means letting them make their own mistakes. You've raised your daughter right up to this point, she will eventually remember and fall back on all that you've instilled. Hopefully sooner rather than later. <3

We're not having company, so we'll have a normal dinner and watch the game. Drinking lots of water though!

Beth near Buffalo

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    O
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Oh PIP! You sweet nut! No losing your balance! (Hugs)
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Go Patriots all the way!!!
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    First day back at work after a week off and the door handle on br goes, luckily while it was open. So I'm waiting on the locksmith and will have to call in late. At least I took advantage of the extra time and got my body weight workout done. Scale has finally moved down even if only by 0.1k

Pam in Adelaide
  • lacruiser2016
    lacruiser2016 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pip, glad you got back on the horse that threw you! And glad you're not hurt :D. Reminds me of seeing this video of this really serious gym rat guy running on a treadmill when a VERY sexy woman walks by...he can't keep his eyes off her and gets thrown right off onto the floor, much to the amusement of his guy buds next to him.

All this talk about the instant pot...never heard of it, so guess will look it up. I love to cook. We grew up using pressure cookers, but they mostly turned things to mush. (Although my college boyfriend's German-born mother blew one up once--that was exciting!)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Becca ~ You are doing great with your calories in! Sorry you felt ill.

Pip ~ Sorry about your scrapes and congrats on keeping on.

lacruiser2016 ~ I don't have an instant pot, but, do have a Nesco electric pressure cooker that I love. Right now I'm making boiled eggs in it. They peel like a dream. Last week I made ribs that fell off the bone and finished in the oven with sauce, and I am constantly cooking the Pom's chicken/pork. Even my DH (who has never really cooked) loves what it can do.

Sharon ~ Your birthday party for the grandchild sounds like so much fun.

Heather ~ I looked at the post with the letters but never saw you and your DH. Will have to go back and look again.

Kelly ~ As always, you are one busy lady.

I was hoping to make ribs for dinner, but, DH ate so much for lunch that it is being changed to a large salad. No ball game watching for us. But, we are rooting for our home team (Falcons) of course.

Caarol in GA