Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    morning all~ just checking in!!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! DH and I had a wonderdul meal out, our first in 6 weeks! I think it was more special because it is such a rare thing for us to spend the $$ on restaurants. Only problem was heartburn that kept me up all night :# I have to stop eating by 7:00pm or I pay the price!

Lots of things to sort out this weekend including our DD who is enjoying herself a little too much at college. So....a conference call is coming her way reminding her of the requirements of her scholarship (the scholarship from the bank of mom and dad) :s Wish us luck.
    NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
    Caught up on posts and been to the gym

SHERRY - glad you are happy and safe

MARNI - so sad about the moose

HEATHER - its so nice to be home isn't it. I love my holidays but like to get home. I like to unpack right away and get the washing machine going

Talking of hubbies, mine is my best friend and we've been married for 52 years in June. He hasn't always been perfect (still isn't actually) but he's always encouraged me to do my own thing. I cook and he does dishes, he also vacuums and mops floors. He does any jobs around the house that need doing, installed a downstairs washroom and built the units in our fitted kitchen.

Kate UK
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies:
    Heather welcome home
    RE Let's go with tungry, that's a good one! And no, eeewwww I don't eat my DH's end of week specials. And enjoy your DH's puffiness tonight!
    DJ hope you beat the cold
    BWCETC I hate when that happens lol
    Marni That is so terrible about the moose :'(
    NYKaren Nice that you got out with DH and good luck with your call. I have 2 DD's in university so I get it!

I am going to our Nation's capital today, Ottawa. My DD's go to University there. Will stay overnight with a friend, take my girls for lunch and bring one home. My friend who can eat whatever she likes is a terrible influence on me. We will have a healthy dinner but she will snack on unhealthy foods right up until she goes to bed. I don't eat after 7:00. I need to stay strong but I am so tired lately and to quote RE I am tungry. I am craving carbs more as a result of reducing them. I know this is just a short phase but I don't want to blow it tonight. Cross your fingers for me.

Did a nice standing ab workout this morning and leaving soon for work. Have a great day everyone.

<3 Sarah, Ontario, Canada
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • KBR1957
    KBR1957 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join this group! I'm 59 and have been trying to lose 20 pounds for a couple of months. my weight went to 185 this past summer after a lot of fun and indiscrimanent eating. This is the heaviest I've ever been and I'm nervous about not being able to lose it. I know that MFP is a powerful tool to help me but I think being in a group will help too.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all...

Ah, we both survived the first whole day after the DH broke his wrist, and survived it together except when I went and got my hair cut. So nice to be back to a 30-second hair routine, and MUCH easier to deal with when I'm exercising. Which I won't be until Saturday, because I'm actually working today. Also working Monday through Thursday of next week, when I usually only work Tues-Weds. The boss is off to Disneyland with her five-year-old son, and told her I'd put in the extra hours to make sure all's OK. It's good timing, with the DH probably missing out on a week's pay or two.

On the thyroid front, my skin and hair aren't so dry, I'm not cold all the time, and the body's stopped gaining weight--I didn't mention it, but actually gained four pounds the first two weeks off the cigarettes, then lost three of them for a net gain of one pound. Best of all, I wake up with energy again, and that's been amazing. I'm also sleeping at night - 7 and a half hours again last night, and that's becoming my norm - 7 to 7 and a half. Not having to nap in the afternoons, either. Love Fitbit, it shows how much these kind of patterns have changed for me.

So, either the Synthroid is working, or I am the willing victim of the placebo effect. I just don't even care which.

Off to hit the showers and head for work... the hubby's still asleep, and he's been good about the pain pills, much better than I expected, only had to argue with him a couple times. Hopefully the swelling will start to go down soon, and he'll get more comfortable. I'm keeping an eye on his finger circulation, and it's been fine, but they look like sausages.

Off to the races,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • GingersnapMI
    GingersnapMI Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am new to the message board but not new to using MFP. A bit about myself:
    I am in my mid-50s, 5'7", and was approximately 80lb overweight (I've lost 20lb since I started on 12/28/16 and have another 58 to go). In 2012 I lost 60lb, tracking it on MFP. Then I went right back to my bad eating habits... putting the 60lb back on, plus 20 more.
    It's taken five years but I've finally found BOTH the motivation and the determination to do it again, this time for good! I'm eating low cal-low fat. I stay under 1100 cal/day. This time, my doctor agreed to prescribe phentermine for my first three months and WOW does it help! Does anyone else have experience with this? (Yes, I know the pros/cons of amphetamine use, please no lectures. I had one acquaintance say that using it was "cheating"... I hope to find a non-judgemental group here.)
    Also, this time I have a real plan for maintenance when I reach my goal: the 5:2 fasting plan. If you're not familiar with this, it means that you eat normally for five days a week and do a near-fast (under 500 cal) on two non-consecutive days a week. I know this plan is do-able for me because one is never more than a day away from one's favorite foods, LOL.
    Best of luck to everyone on their journeys!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Gingersnap & Yinka ~ Welcome! You will love the ladies here.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Friday! Doing the Friday dance here! I worked a short week (four days) due to my colonoscopy on Monday; but this week seemed to draaaaag on forEVER!
    Something funny for you: I got a thank you card from the endoscopy team that performed my colonoscopy! Signed by the staff that worked that day. I found that EXTREMELY funny! :D
    Lisa- So sorry to hear about your hubby's fall. I don't even think that our dh's realize that we don't fear the pain they have, as much as the pain they cause us! I sometimes feel I need to tell my husband that he needs to be grateful for every day he wakes up; because it is a wonder I haven't smothered him with a pillow yet! Gotta love 'em!
    Janet- Love the leggings! I love wild stuff; my hubby doesn't. He is a very solid, conservative guy.
    Canadian ladies- Is today a Canadian holiday? I noticed today that my food diary page has little snow clouds with snow and, it looks like, Canadian flag icons??? And by the way, I love your PM! Can we trade leaders? Only for the next four years?
    Beth- LOL! diving into a box of chocolates...sounds wonderfully romantic! Dark chocolate is good for you! So are almonds!
    Sherry- Go girl! Set your sights high! I think 100 pounds in a year is achievable. It will be some major work, once you get down to the "plateau areas, but you can do it! When I think of all that you have dealt with in your life, if you tackle this the way you tackle all other obstacles, you will do it!
    Heather- Sometimes coming home is more relaxing than the vacation. Yes, I hope the memories that stay with you are the ones where you were able to get out and adventure!
    New girls- Welcome! Great group here! It does seem overwhelming at first and it does seem very close knit (and I think it is), but I was new last January and it didn't take long to get a feel for these ladies. THE BEST! Glean what info you can, add info when you can, tell us about yourself (as much or as little as you like) and sign your post with what you would like us to call you. Remember to bookmark the site and at the end of the month, look for Barbie's last post to provide the link to the next month.
    Full house already! I better fly! ttyl xoxoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Yinka what a great picture!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

The visual of a chiauhau hanging from my butt cheeks made me hysterical! I have one of these dogs and could just picture it! >:)

My pups 'help' and join in whenever I do floor exercises (yoga, stretches, etc.). Extra weight added to planks, they climb up on my back, and onto my stomach when I'm laying on my back. Party for them! LOL!

Brownie is on my lap as I write this!

STATS:
    184 (up .2 that's ok) pounds
    Squats 71
    Yoga 15 min
    Walk dogs 45 min
    Steps: Apple Watch 6638. Fitbit 6267
    Breathe app 1
    Water 6 cups

Need to up breathe app to twice a day and up water to 8 -10 cups

Rita from CT
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Rita I think it is so funny that your pups help you exercise--too cute!

Yinka don't forget to bookmark (little yellow star) this forum so you can check in with us often. Barbie (our tireless leader) will start a new monthly thread, cause we are a super chatty group. Welcome :)
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Welcome Gingersnap and Yinka - you won't find a more supportive bunch :smile:

KJ: No Canadian Holiday that I'm aware of unless is specific to a province. Alberta has a Family Day holiday in February but not all provinces celebrate it. This year it falls on Feb 20 for Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario.

Wishing you a good day my friends,

“The difference in winning and losing is most often…not quitting.” – Walt Disney
    Carey - Northern Alberta

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    DJ—You may have already tried this, but I have been told that pineapple juice helps with throat inflammation. Actually I read that it helps with inflammation in general, but I was told specifically to drink it when I have a sore throat.
    Sherry—Thank you for the Minion funnies. I love those.
    Yinka—gorgeous pic
    GingersnapMI—I took phentermine for several months. I lost over 80 pounds on it. However, I couldn’t sleep. My heartbeat was rapid. It made me feel crazy hyper. When I came off of it …I gained back all the weight. I am going to do it without the “help” of the phentermine this time around. But everybody has to do what works for them.

I am going back to the gym after work tonight. Boy am I sore all over. I hope it will work itself out after I exercise again. Have a terrific day ladies.
    Jolene in Chilly Tennessee.
  • Lipstick_chick1960
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)