What is the daftest weight related thing someone has ever said to you?

Options

Replies

• RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've heard, "Diet sodas will make you gain weight," too many times to count,

And "Caffeine turns into sugar in your body."

The starvation mode verbal vomit bugs me the most. I just want to exclaim, "So THAT'S why all those starving people in third-world countries are so fat!" (I'm a sarcastic person. It isn't my nicest quality.)

Ah, but it's one of your more entertaining qualities! :#

Also, "Caffeine turns into sugar in your body." Wut?!?!

I guess I'll take that as a compliment! B)

But, yes. The caffeine magically turning into sugar came from a diabetic relative. *shrug*
  • Bones2Toned
    Bones2Toned Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to gain unhealthy weight because I'm skinny.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Your thighs are heavy...you looked so good when you were exercising all the time.
    (Said to a teenager who weight 120lbs and was a size 4/6, by her quite obese mother - size 22).
    And she wonders why I have food issues now.

Sounds like my cousin's overweight wife telling their 10 year old stick thin daughter she is fat and making her drink several glasses of water before meals and anytime she said she was hungry. They divorced about six months after this started.

I hope he got custody.

My dad tried to control our eating. I remember him glaring at me forever eating veggies at a party. My sister says he did it to her too. We were stick thin tweens and teens.
  • nickslat1961
    nickslat1961 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    Diet soda will make you gain weight and causes cancer

Well I have actually read a lot of studies about diet soda and none of them are good. The problem with DS is your body thinks it is sweet and you have just taken in sugar, when you haven't, so your body produces insulin to regulate the sugar you didn't drink. Eventually your body starts to slow down on insulin production and problems start. And if you don't think the phenylaniline (sp.) in Diet Coke is bad, just google it and see. If 1/2 of what is said about it is true it is really bad for you
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Stop taking all that medication, weight gain is a side effect! 1- I'll leave medication facts to the doctor thanks. 2- I was fat before I was given the stuff. 3- It is ANTI EPILEPSY medication. I am not stopping! 4- The other side effects include hyperactivity so doing loads at the gym is easier as I don't get tired so fast 5- Another side effect is rage. I suggest you back off.

Such lolz. I'm on Lamictal. Luckily not a weight gainer. Rage not a side effect though as far as i can tell.