40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Long time no see. I'm still alive and kicking. For the last 6-8 months I have had the hiking bug in a bad way. My days are so full, I've been doing a lot of night hiking. I'm trying to keep my pack under 30 pounds, but I do love my "stuff", so it is a challenge. I've been recording some of my hikes with my GoPro, but haven't had the nerve to post them yet. Will have to get much better at filming before I do that.

I'm still a creature of habit, and it's Tuesday, so I'm off to do the week's shopping. I'll try to check in more often. Hope everyone is having a good day, Larro.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    @larrodarro - so wonderful to see you again! Thanks for dropping in. If you read back, you have been mentioned a time or two by those of us that have been here a while. :)
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    OMG Larro you are back YEAH!!!!!!!, if you go through the threads you will see we have been wondering where you have been. I am so glad you are alive and well. How's mom doing?
    Meltdown done....Hope all of you are well. Have a great day kids.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,075 Member
    Options
    Got a nice paddle in today ~ about 4.5 miles. Got choppy while out, and even lost my balance today, but saved myself so I didn't fall in the water. It was a good challenging paddle. Best part was seeing a couple of dolphins near the end of it. I love it when the dolphins swim nearby. So good to be out on the water again after about three weeks of missing it. :smiley:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,960 Member
    Options
    Nice work, 3furballs...I am envious that you have lost 6 lbs, but mostly EXCITED for you! I bet you can shave off that last 4- or 5- in no time!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,960 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Hey guys. Long time no see. I'm still alive and kicking. For the last 6-8 months I have had the hiking bug in a bad way. My days are so full, I've been doing a lot of night hiking. I'm trying to keep my pack under 30 pounds, but I do love my "stuff", so it is a challenge.

I had wondered where you had gone....now I have an answer!

Congrats on finding a passion! Nicely done.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    @larrodarro . . . . . . If you read back, you have been mentioned a time or two by those of us that have been here a while. :)

I wondered why my ears were burning.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Hey guys. This fellow has an interesting story. He was up to 500 pounds at one point, and now he is in training to hike the AT. He is one of the funnier You Tubers that I follow. Give him a look.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ujbjSVhDI_8
  • suzyakapink
    suzyakapink Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Im a 45 yr old single mum to 4 kids looking to lose 25lbs with the help of MFP once and for all. To get to goal for health reasons and to feel better in every way is going to be so worth it. Looking for handy hints extra motivation and learning that this is a lifestyle not a diet is all part of the journey. Im looking forward to seeing the changes and progress and am open to suggestions and any new friends are welcome.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Total Body"=Done!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Long time no see. I'm still alive and kicking. For the last 6-8 months I have had the hiking bug in a bad way. My days are so full, I've been doing a lot of night hiking. I'm trying to keep my pack under 30 pounds, but I do love my "stuff", so it is a challenge. I've been recording some of my hikes with my GoPro, but haven't had the nerve to post them yet. Will have to get much better at filming before I do that.

I'm still a creature of habit, and it's Tuesday, so I'm off to do the week's shopping. I'll try to check in more often. Hope everyone is having a good day, Larro.

Hi Larro!!!!
    Missed you.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids. We are expecting a bad snow storm tonight into tomorrow. I have to get an extremely good workout in today. It is 60 degrees today and the snow trucks are on the highway already. Such an oxymoron. Have a great day kids.
  • sdereski
    Options
    @larrodarro - will check that out. Story sounds inspiring for sure!
    @suzyakapink - welcome! Lots of inspiration on this thread.
    @caramelgyrlk - we got a big storm yesterday. I bet at least 6" fell. Went out for a night snowshoe. It was even blustery in the woods. Lost the trail marker a few times, so it ended up quite the adventure. :)
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Im a 45 yr old single mum to 4 kids looking to lose 25lbs with the help of MFP once and for all. To get to goal for health reasons and to feel better in every way is going to be so worth it. Looking for handy hints extra motivation and learning that this is a lifestyle not a diet is all part of the journey. Im looking forward to seeing the changes and progress and am open to suggestions and any new friends are welcome.

Make green beans and stir-fry your new comfort food. A couple three years ago when I was serious about weight loss, I started just about every meal with a bowl of veggies, then would eat my regular foods. It worked for me. Good luck.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Morning kids. We are expecting a bad snow storm tonight into tomorrow. I have to get an extremely good workout in today. It is 60 degrees today and the snow trucks are on the highway already. Such an oxymoron. Have a great day kids.

We got it yesterday afternoon. Big storm with lots of wind and rain. We were without power for a couple of hours. But we just heard that a classmate of Sister was killed when a tree blew down on him. His wife is also Sister's classmate as well as a coworker. Sad day today.

• larrodarro
    Options

Hi Larro!!!!
    Missed you.

Hey. I saw you were in training for your BSA hiking trip. That should be a fun trip. I can't do heavy packs for very long. My feet bother me if I get over 30 pounds. I should say my feet bother me more. They always hurt after a day on the trail.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

Hi Larro!!!!
    Missed you.

Hey. I saw you were in training for your BSA hiking trip. That should be a fun trip. I can't do heavy packs for very long. My feet bother me if I get over 30 pounds. I should say my feet bother me more. They always hurt after a day on the trail.

I can prepare for the weight. I can't prepare for going from 700 feet elevation to starting at 7500 feet and going up to 13000.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011 , thanks! It's taken a long time, started in October, but of course holiday season messed up my plan. It's slow going but hopefully sustainable. I know you'll hit your goal, with your determination and heavy lifting you'll get there no problem!

@larrodarro , nice to see you again!
  • sdereski
    Options

We got it yesterday afternoon. Big storm with lots of wind and rain. We were without power for a couple of hours. But we just heard that a classmate of Sister was killed when a tree blew down on him. His wife is also Sister's classmate as well as a coworker. Sad day today.

that is so tragic. :'(