Dating and dieting

Options

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    is there a reason you HAVE to go on so many dates every week?

because she feels sexy and wants to. I did it because i hadnt felt confident before but now i do. Worked my *kitten* off for my body i wanna go out looking hot ;D

You kind of nailed it. Searching my way through this dating The world is difficult. I refuse to settle and I want to have fun. Phone is not a salad and water, at least to me. Fun is good food and maybe one too many whiskeys. I know it's good for me and I know what's fun, the hard part is balancing the two. I finally feel pretty and boys want to date me... but I can't go out five days a week and maintain a good calorie deficit. I also don't want to count out somebody who could mean something to me...

X amount of dates is fun for awhile. I personally burn out. Have your fun. Take a maintenance break or get into a moderate deficit, bank some calories for drinks and a meal twice per week. You won't lose doing it 5x per week though.

This. itl pass when you find a good guy you can find fun creative dates. Just have to deal with maintenance for now. Focus on that.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    I also tend to not do dinner dates all the time. I'll specifically pick meeting after dinner for drinks. Easier for me to eat my 400 cal dinner, and bank for a few drinks. Especially for first dates...I don't like dinner on first dates. If the guy sucks (he usually does), then I'm stuck there eating dinner with him. And food is more enjoyable with people I like, or by myself.

I like her i agree with this to :P
  • varuamoon
    varuamoon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Reality check. Real life is what you have been living, you're just experiencing a different side of it. Dates or not, you decide whether you want to lose the weight or be happy with where you currently are; of which you don't seem to be happy with that. If you insist on splurging on every date. food wise, then you need to most likely fast or eat a smaller breakfast and lunch to tide you over. Either that or workout more.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    hmm.. Maybe i just suck with dating, but i dont know how youre meeting these guys in order to set up dates, maybe its online.. but.. maybe talk to them a while first? i couldn't imagine going out with every guy only to find out he's a complete pointless date i dont want to meet a second time.. i mean thats not to say that guys ive spent time talking to ALL worked out either, but there was a few i did date for a few months before i met the guy i am with now.... you gotta weigh your options here, take your time, chat and try and meet higher quality, and easily work the dates better into your routine.. if youre not willing to just eat less, drink less and make it fit so you can keep dating several times a week, then i dont know what to tell you, sorry

People online lie. They all seem like prince charmings (besides the obvious filth on dating sites) The only way to really weigh a guy out is to meet him.

Hate to suggest it because i HATE doing this but maybe coffee dates? I find them weird and awkward myself but they seem to work for many
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    hmm.. Maybe i just suck with dating, but i dont know how youre meeting these guys in order to set up dates, maybe its online.. but.. maybe talk to them a while first? i couldn't imagine going out with every guy only to find out he's a complete pointless date i dont want to meet a second time.. i mean thats not to say that guys ive spent time talking to ALL worked out either, but there was a few i did date for a few months before i met the guy i am with now.... you gotta weigh your options here, take your time, chat and try and meet higher quality, and easily work the dates better into your routine.. if youre not willing to just eat less, drink less and make it fit so you can keep dating several times a week, then i dont know what to tell you, sorry

People online lie. They all seem like prince charmings (besides the obvious filth on dating sites) The only way to really weigh a guy out is to meet him.

Hate to suggest it because i HATE doing this but maybe coffee dates? I find them weird and awkward myself but they seem to work for many

They are weird for me too lol. I'm like...no. I can't do that. I have had a long *kitten* week and I don't want to be seen in the sunlight right now.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Now I'm thinking about my pizza date tomorrow. Let's say...two slices of pizza and a glass of rye. I'll bank...1000 calories. I could eat 600 for lunch/breakfast and be in a small deficit, or 800 and have a maintenance day.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

They are weird for me too lol. I'm like...no. I can't do that. I have had a long *kitten* week and I don't want to be seen in the sunlight right now.

Yeah and half the fun of dating with a new sexified body is the dressing cute :p Its way more fun to go for drinks. Or dinner. Together is a recipe for diet disaster though. But so much yummy and fun ....God i wish dieting was easier ;)

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Have you considered trying intermittent fasting? Setting your eating window to open later in the day, small snack, and the rest of your calories available for dinner and drinks. Or a 5:2 pattern where you eat 500 cals two days per week and maintenance the other five days?
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Lol.. it usually doesnt take long for a guy to insert their foot into their own mouth a lot of the time..
    I've talked to many guys who i can't even understand why they were looking for a date in the first place, they had absolutely nothing to talk about.. they said a lot of one liners like "lol" or "hey sexy" or something and then disappeared for short bursts only to reappear for more one liners and still have nothing to say.. but after a few days.. or sometimes a week or two of chatting, you can usually get a feel if there is any sort of communication connection there, it beats meeting in person and having nothing to say

....I dunno. I live in the city. We gotta meet in a couple days or I'm moving on. Nothing stops here. It's like there's not enough time in the day to brush my *kitten* teeth let alone be pen pals with all 100 of my stupid okcupid and tinder matches.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Lol.. it usually doesnt take long for a guy to insert their foot into their own mouth a lot of the time..
    I've talked to many guys who i can't even understand why they were looking for a date in the first place, they had absolutely nothing to talk about.. they said a lot of one liners like "lol" or "hey sexy" or something and then disappeared for short bursts only to reappear for more one liners and still have nothing to say.. but after a few days.. or sometimes a week or two of chatting, you can usually get a feel if there is any sort of communication connection there, it beats meeting in person and having nothing to say

On dating sites there seems to be like hundreds of guys all at once, Many suck instantly. Many seem okay for a day. Even if a small % made it through your radars thats still alot of men.

Do your dirty, Just save calories work out more through the week and eat small for the days you know your going out. At worst maintenance the *kitten* out of it for a while. It WILL settle down.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Offering a male perspective on this: Coffee dates are terribly awkward! They're hard to dress for (you want to be casual, but too casual doesn't always work when you're trying to impress, but you also don't want to be that guy who overdressed for coffee), coffee shops are generally crowded and the tables are usually really close together (meaning everyone around you knows immediately that you're on a first date), coffee breath isn't pleasant, and being caffeinated throws me off my game.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Have you considered trying intermittent fasting? Setting your eating window to open later in the day, small snack, and the rest of your calories available for dinner and drinks. Or a 5:2 pattern where you eat 500 cals two days per week and maintenance the other five days?

IF could be good, yeah. I can't do the 5:2...I do my own version of IF though just by waiting until as long as I can to eat each day.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

Offering a male perspective on this: Coffee dates are terribly awkward! They're hard to dress for (you want to be casual, but too casual doesn't always work when you're trying to impress, but you also don't want to be that guy who overdressed for coffee), coffee shops are generally crowded and the tables are usually really close together (meaning everyone around you knows immediately that you're on a first date), coffee breath isn't pleasant, and being caffeinated throws me off my game.

yeah their pretty horrible i generally go for a beer atleast. Take the edge off and not to committal. I never know how to end a coffee date its weird...
  • bbell1985
    Options

Okay, that actually makes me feel better. I feel the same. I also don't know how to dress...I like to wear dark stockings and dresses/skirts on dates in the winter but feel it's weird for a coffee date. I don't know.