Options

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    hmm.. Maybe i just suck with dating, but i dont know how youre meeting these guys in order to set up dates, maybe its online.. but.. maybe talk to them a while first? i couldn't imagine going out with every guy only to find out he's a complete pointless date i dont want to meet a second time.. i mean thats not to say that guys ive spent time talking to ALL worked out either, but there was a few i did date for a few months before i met the guy i am with now.... you gotta weigh your options here, take your time, chat and try and meet higher quality, and easily work the dates better into your routine.. if youre not willing to just eat less, drink less and make it fit so you can keep dating several times a week, then i dont know what to tell you, sorry

People online lie. They all seem like prince charmings (besides the obvious filth on dating sites) The only way to really weigh a guy out is to meet him.

Hate to suggest it because i HATE doing this but maybe coffee dates? I find them weird and awkward myself but they seem to work for many

They are weird for me too lol. I'm like...no. I can't do that. I have had a long *kitten* week and I don't want to be seen in the sunlight right now.

Offering a male perspective on this: Coffee dates are terribly awkward! They're hard to dress for (you want to be casual, but too casual doesn't always work when you're trying to impress, but you also don't want to be that guy who overdressed for coffee), coffee shops are generally crowded and the tables are usually really close together (meaning everyone around you knows immediately that you're on a first date), coffee breath isn't pleasant, and being caffeinated throws me off my game.

Okay, that actually makes me feel better. I feel the same. I also don't know how to dress...I like to wear dark stockings and dresses/skirts on dates in the winter but feel it's weird for a coffee date. I don't know.

All i wear most days is legging and long shirts/ mini dresses so i dont have that problem thankfully xD Cute enough and semi classy for pretty much everything while still being comfy
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    hmm.. Maybe i just suck with dating, but i dont know how youre meeting these guys in order to set up dates, maybe its online.. but.. maybe talk to them a while first? i couldn't imagine going out with every guy only to find out he's a complete pointless date i dont want to meet a second time.. i mean thats not to say that guys ive spent time talking to ALL worked out either, but there was a few i did date for a few months before i met the guy i am with now.... you gotta weigh your options here, take your time, chat and try and meet higher quality, and easily work the dates better into your routine.. if youre not willing to just eat less, drink less and make it fit so you can keep dating several times a week, then i dont know what to tell you, sorry

People online lie. They all seem like prince charmings (besides the obvious filth on dating sites) The only way to really weigh a guy out is to meet him.

Hate to suggest it because i HATE doing this but maybe coffee dates? I find them weird and awkward myself but they seem to work for many

They are weird for me too lol. I'm like...no. I can't do that. I have had a long *kitten* week and I don't want to be seen in the sunlight right now.

Offering a male perspective on this: Coffee dates are terribly awkward! They're hard to dress for (you want to be casual, but too casual doesn't always work when you're trying to impress, but you also don't want to be that guy who overdressed for coffee), coffee shops are generally crowded and the tables are usually really close together (meaning everyone around you knows immediately that you're on a first date), coffee breath isn't pleasant, and being caffeinated throws me off my game.

yeah their pretty horrible i generally go for a beer atleast. Take the edge off and not to committal. I never know how to end a coffee date its weird...

Like ".....k...got lots of work to do, bye"

I usually set them up with "I can meet for a bit, but I do have this XYZ to do as well"...that way I can get out of it because they already know I'm not free the whole day.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options

yeah their pretty horrible i generally go for a beer atleast. Take the edge off and not to committal. I never know how to end a coffee date its weird...

Yeah, me either. Going in for a kiss at 11am after you've had coffee and a danish just doesn't feel right. :D
  • bbell1985
    Options

Okay, that actually makes me feel better. I feel the same. I also don't know how to dress...I like to wear dark stockings and dresses/skirts on dates in the winter but feel it's weird for a coffee date. I don't know.

All i wear most days is legging and long shirts/ mini dresses so i dont have that problem thankfully xD Cute enough and semi classy for pretty much everything while still being comfy

I do too...but I wear them tight like a tiger. So it's a bit skanky for a coffee date lol.
  • bbell1985
    Options

Yeah, me either. Going in for a kiss at 11am after you've had coffee and a danish just doesn't feel right. :D

sexy
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Im loving this convo just saying because i was/am in the EXACT situation. Who knew feeling sexy and confident could be so hard LOL
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Im loving this convo just saying because i was/am in the EXACT situation. Who knew feeling sexy and confident could be so hard LOL

Ditto.

Though I'm overweight again at the moment :(
  • bbell1985
    Options

Like ".....k...got lots of work to do, bye"

I usually set them up with "I can meet for a bit, but I do have this XYZ to do as well"...that way I can get out of it because they already know I'm not free the whole day.

When I press a specific button on my Apple Watch, my phone calls itself. Works like a charm if I need to escape quickly. ;)

Nice. I need a system like that.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

Ditto.

Its alright im 155 at 5 ft 3 according to BMI im still 15 pounds over the highest weight in a healthy range. Im a hottie who cares :p

I only want to hit 140 so when i get over my sudden sexy ego and recommit it shouldnt take to long XD
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have to jump in here...not because I am presently dating or because I am where I want to be weight wise, but because after 17 years of marriage I am single again and even if the last year has beaten the hell out of me, I know someday I will want to date again. And frankly, dating scares the crap out of me now...I can't even imagine going on 2 or 3 or more dates a week and having to think about this issue!
  • bbell1985
    Options

Ditto.

Its alright im 155 at 5 ft 3 according to BMI im still 15 pounds over the highest weight in a healthy range. Im a hottie who cares :p

I only want to hit 140 so when i get over my sudden sexy ego and recommit it shouldnt take to long XD

I'm 5'4" and 143. I've been as low as 128...for like, a day. Funny I still thought I was fat then.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    abrubru wrote: »
    I have to jump in here...not because I am presently dating or because I am where I want to be weight wise, but because after 17 years of marriage I am single again and even if the last year has beaten the hell out of me, I know someday I will want to date again. And frankly, dating scares the crap out of me now...I can't even imagine going on 2 or 3 or more dates a week and having to think about this issue!

Its fun. Thats the problem :p Although very few i went out with were actually any good....Thats why its hard to not eat delicious food to make up for it XD And the good ones....alcohol turns really good. Struggle.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    abrubru wrote: »

Don't let it stress you now though. It can be fun, it can be horrible, and yes some thought goes into dieting around it. But, you don't NEED to go on 3 dates per week. When you're ready, you can go on as many or as little as you want :)
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wow, you are all awesome!. I'm sorry I can't reply to each of you individually. So here's the thing, I actually love going out on dates. Sometimes they're awesome, sometimes they're not. My date tonight with a second date and it was pretty wonderful. If I met some guy who I was comfortable with I would be happy to cook at home or reduced to eating to a level I was comfortable with. The problem is first, Second, third dates. I need to get to the level that I'm comfortable with cutting back the food and letting them know I'm careful about what I eat. I want to have fun and I don't want to seem like a downer... Plus, food and whiskey! Who doesn't love that?
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Wow, you are all awesome!. I'm sorry I can't reply to each of you individually. So here's the thing, I actually love going out on dates. Sometimes they're awesome, sometimes they're not. My date tonight with a second date and it was pretty wonderful. If I met some guy who I was comfortable with I would be happy to cook at home or reduced to eating to a level I was comfortable with. The problem is first, Second, third dates. I need to get to the level that I'm comfortable with cutting back the food and letting them know I'm careful about what I eat. I want to have fun and I don't want to seem like a downer... Plus, food and whiskey! Who doesn't love that?

Enjoy. You can enjoy and still cut back. I like things like nachos we can share. And like we all said eat light before hand and drink slow so you dont overdo it there. Save calories and walk your booty off to earn some calories etra if you need to. I love walking though thats just me :p Can earn a stupid amount of calories walking during your time off
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Also for the record id definatly mention dieting i agree with whoever said it was sexy. You had a goal and you achieved it. NOTHING to be ashamed of. Though that doesnt seem to be your problem you just love the delicious, But atleast if your open the guy- if hes a keeper- Will start recommending other options, And taking you places with delicious smaller portions.

Like seriously i melted into a puddle when he reccomended we go play paintball on our second date to burn calories for me.

A whole other problem altogether though is he also makes me feel so incredibly sexy. Its SO hard to stick to losing weight when he says im perfect as i am. Im a puddle alot lately....